Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
If anyone has a link, please post, this is now all over the news. Michael Avenetti says he has been trying to contact Chuck Grassley and the Judiciary Committee for a few days. They now say they "will look into this" (her charges). Dr. Ford is still due to testify tomorrow, Thursday but Trump is still pushing for a vote Friday morning. He is calling Kavanaugh a "gem" and "a great man" and "you don't get any better than him".  Bull. We all know why Trump wants to rush through this nomination. 1. He thinks Kavanaugh, because of his views and writings will be his "get out of jail free" card if his cases get to the Supreme Court and 2. He wants to  confirm another conservative Judge before the mid terms and for the big Republican donors.

All accusers either have taken or will take a le detector test and request an FBI Investigation, Kavanaugh offers to do neither. As a survivor, as a woman and as and American I not only think Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court but should not be a Judge anymore. He belongs behind bars. 

I was going to watch both testimonies tomorrow but may be gone - and not sure I could stomach them.

Links, thoughts, comments? It's to Kavanaugh's advantage also to offer to take a lie detector test and have the FBI investigate these accusations (which as stated before I believe to be 100% true - yes, even before I hear testimony).
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I meant the 3rd accuser - who has security clearances-or had them I believe - is Aventti's client, not Mark Judge. Mark Judge, who was named in all 3 of these accounts - is hiding out and saying he does not remember anything.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
If anyone has a link, please post, this is now all over the news. Michael Avenetti says he has been trying to contact Chuck Grassley and the Judiciary Committee for a few days. They now say they "will look into this" (her charges). Dr. Ford is still due to testify tomorrow, Thursday but Trump is still pushing for a vote Friday morning. He is calling Kavanaugh a "gem" and "a great man" and "you don't get any better than him".  Bull. We all know why Trump wants to rush through this nomination. 1. He thinks Kavanaugh, because of his views and writings will be his "get out of jail free" card if his cases get to the Supreme Court and 2. He wants to  confirm another conservative Judge before the mid terms and for the big Republican donors.

All accusers either have taken or will take a le detector test and request an FBI Investigation, Kavanaugh offers to do neither. As a survivor, as a woman and as and American I not only think Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court but should not be a Judge anymore. He belongs behind bars. 

I was going to watch both testimonies tomorrow but may be gone - and not sure I could stomach them.

Links, thoughts, comments? It's to Kavanaugh's advantage also to offer to take a lie detector test and have the FBI investigate these accusations (which as stated before I believe to be 100% true - yes, even before I hear testimony).

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/09/26/michael-avenatti-identifies-kavanaugh-accuser-as-julie-swetnick.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/attorney-avenatti-releases-affidavit-from-woman-describing-kavanaugh-at-parties-in-1980s-1537974634
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
droberts

"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Thanks to droberts for these links.  This third accuser seems very persuasive in her story.   If the Judiciary Committee refuses to hear from her and/or from Ms. Ramirez, the stonewalling by Republicans on the Committee will linger even if they vote to confirm Kavanaugh on Friday.  It will not go away.  The gang rapes described by this third person could be corroborated by others who were present or knew about them at the time, and that information could be obtained by an FBI investigation.  The GOP seem intent on ramrodding this nomination process in spite of credible witnesses against Kavanaugh.  If that is done by Friday vote by the Committee with no hearings of anyone but Dr. Ford, the stench of the process will affect GOP Senators who voted for confirmation and will affect Kavanaugh himself.  If GOP Senator Collins votes for Kavanaugh I think it will doom her chances for re-election to the Senate in 2020.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk I agree completely. We all know what the rush from Trump is about and why he won't even entertain another candidate. And It does not look like anyone will get an FBI investigation or that Kavanaugh will be asked to take a lie detector test and I can not see him withdrawing. I agree, this will be a big stain on the GOP and on Kavanaugh for a long time.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the links and video on this droberts.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Links are much appreciated droberts.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Slide 2 of 69: The News in Cartoons
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Interesting cartoon Delta Flight.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Slide 6 of 69: The News in Cartoons
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
What is happening Delta that your cartoons keep coming up under the area where I would post?!
Quote 0 0