Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Why don't they just pull this guy's nomination and be done with it? They can have their right wing Judge but one who doesn't attack women and lie through his teeth! Back to the hearing..watching it...
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Like I said before, there's more victims of kavenaughs.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, Destory_Trumturd_Now I think there are even more...but they may now hesitate to come forward given what we believe to be the outcome-his confirmation. Just heard that Corker and Flake plan to vote for him! In the hearing this morning they said that when Dr. Ford testified the calls to the Womens Abuse Hotline increased by 147%!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh were persuasive in their statements.  The truth in Dr. Ford's story was clearly evident to me.  Whereas Kavanaugh has a record as respected judge, family guy who coaches kids sports teams, and highly-rated (by students) lecturer at three law schools including Harvard Law, his ultra-conservative orientation is becoming more apparent.  My respect for him plummeted when he accused the Democrats on the Committee of being motivated by recrimination about Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election........a wacko conspiracy theory.  If he really thinks that the Democratic members of the Committee were thinking about Hillalry Clinton in their questioning , then he is really wacko.  His ultra-conservative orientation was indicated by his choice of FOX MEWS for voicing his views.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, you know where I stand on Kavanaugh. I found none of his testimony at any point compelling in any way. I did find Dr. Ford's compelling. And as a survivor, a woman and as an American and a Democrat-sorry if I am repeating myself here- in my opinion - which is fine that it differs from yours - Kavanaugh's many academic and coaching and family accomplishments are overshadowed by: His lying more than once under oath, I believe in the Bush administration and in my opinion in his evasive answers in his first hearing - just to begin. I completely agree with you that it went WAY downhill when he got to make his opening remarks and - did you notice the anger there? - went off on a tangent (sp?) of the opposition to him and the multiple accusers being a smear campaign by the Democrats and the left - and even the Clintons! (OMG can we stop blaming the Clintons for everything. They are retired now, aren't they?).  He spouted conspiracy theories I agree-I had heard that is what Trump wanted him to act like that. Several prosecutors, one I remember Daniel Goldman - said after the testimonies from both he and Dr. Ford - and Goldman is a former Prosecutor - that there was obvious uncontrollable anger in his voice, tone and demeanor. He interrupted the Democratic Senators and asked Amy Kobechar (sp?) if she herself drank beer. He has a documentd history of lying under oath, not upholding women's' rights in any respect and of alcoholism-even though he will not call it such. Again, he is no "boy scout" by any means. Trump wants him and some of Trump's cronies want him in particular in so badly because he believes a President can not be tried and to please some Republican donors that they will stoop this far. There are also new developments and a likely delay in his confirmation for an FBI Investigation and reopening of his background and hopefully more witnesses soon which I believe is mandatory before he goes forward. If he is so innocent let him submit to a lie detector and FBI questioning. This is my opinion. Many abusers put up a "front" as "the perfect scholar, the perfect dad, etc" when deep down inside they are troubled and more importantly dangerous. I know research is important to you. I have done mine on him - sorry I still can't master the link function- and he should NOT be on the Supreme Court, or in mine and many others' opinions any court at all. I knew there would be more than one accuser after the first one and sure enough there are. There is a pattern here as well with personal accuracy and he feels no remorse and denies everything. Don't mean to sound upset with you Ballhawk but we apparently think a bit differently in this area. I think I can speak accurately having been there myself and been a witness to someone else's assault as well. His opening remarks really did surprise me though. He obviously does not have enough impulse control-like Trump. I feel sorry for his wife and especially his children and Dr. Ford's and the other accusers and witnesses families when they are targeted with hateful words and death threats. But I were Kavanaugh's wife I would divorce him. Mark Judge's ex girlfriend of 3 years said Judge confessed that he and Kavanaugh set up these date rape parties on a regular basis. Julie Swetnick (sp?) says she believes she was drugged and something was put in her drink. He belongs elsewhere...behind a jail cell in my opinion. 
Again, we all have our own opinions and (if not for Trump!) America is/would be a free country.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Ritaruby wrote:
Yes, Destory_Trumturd_Now I think there are even more...but they may now hesitate to come forward given what we believe to be the outcome-his confirmation. Just heard that Corker and Flake plan to vote for him! In the hearing this morning they said that when Dr. Ford testified the calls to the Womens Abuse Hotline increased by 147%!

WOW! Those are calls to put an end to Womens abuse permanently.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Well Ritaruby I am sure we agree on at least one point, that Kavanaugh's outbursts yesterday demonstrated that he does not have the right judicial temperament for the Supreme Court.  His charge that Democrats on the Committee were opposed to him based upon their desire for "revenge" after Hillary lost the election was just totally wacko!  I am certain the fate of Hillary Clinton, losing the election, had absolutely nothing to do with their deliberations about his nomination for SCOTUS.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes Ballhawk, we definitely agree on this point...and even with my literal loathing of Kavanaugh this outburst and his opening remark words were still surprising. The Supreme Court is supposed to remain unbiased whether one is a Conservative or Liberal leaning judge - it is obvious where Kavanaugh now stands. Right in Trump's lap. He was saying the same things Trump has been saying....and no matter if Trump wanted him to and praised his "performance" or not - it was a bad move and a bad look.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, to Destroy_Trumpturd_Now and whoever put the last quote by her last post...I heard that the number of women calling sexual abuse hotlines is now even higher. And now that they see Dr. Ford getting an FBI investigation maybe more will feel more free to report and come forward-on Kavanaugh and in general.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
You all probably saw the video of the former Yale classmate, a woman, who said Kavanaugh was a very heavy boozer during his days in college.  She said she knew of no aberrant sexual behavior by him at that time, but was concerned about his lying under oath.  He lied, she said, in portraying himself at Yale as a straight arrow guy, interested in athletics and studies, without revealing his known tendency to drink very heavily, even heavily for the times.  Her point was that no person should sit on the Supreme Court who would lie under oath about drinking habits while in college.  The upcoming FBI investigation is very likely to uncover numerous stories of his heavy drinking at Georgetown Prep and at Yale.  His participation in sports is irrelevant.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Ballhawk.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Ritaruby wrote:
Yes, to Destroy_Trumpturd_Now and whoever put the last quote by her last post...I heard that the number of women calling sexual abuse hotlines is now even higher. And now that they see Dr. Ford getting an FBI investigation maybe more will feel more free to report and come forward-on Kavanaugh and in general.

Hopefully justice will be served on their part.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed about the increased number of women now calling sexual abuse hotlines to report their cases.
Quote 1 0