Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Televised-I believe that the American media got footage again from the Russian media-not quite sure about that on this one - a group of currently serving GOP members-I believe all or most are on the House Judiciary Committee-again not sure here - show up visiting Moscow in the hopes of meeting with Putin...instead meet with others from the Kremlin. Link, anyone? OMG! What in the crap is this about? And why is Putin showing up all over the place in the news all of the time? I guess because he now OWNS our disgusting President! Your thoughts. info?
Quote 0 0
droberts
I think we are now seeing which Republicans are probably in cahoots. Take down names and keep an eye on them!

They aren't asking Russia not to meddle, more like WE NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN! They are running scared. TRAITORS!!!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed droberts. And "in cahoots" is putting it mildly.  I too believe there is dirty plotting ahead of the mid terms and 2020 elections both. But now many are wiser.  I try to tell myself that they tried to meddle in other country's elections-like France-and lost-and that the Democratic energy is way above the Republican energy here....but can the Dems "get in between" the dirty games and the hacking? I hope they are running scared and it "rains blue" with no red spaces on that map in November...and in the meantime I wish HE would get out of the office. I am concerned that Putin wants to keep not only his puppet Trump in - but the dirty serving GOP too - he knows the Dems won't "play ball" with him. We continue to need hope, prayers and resistance. I am saving up what little energy I have left to do all I can pre-2018 election time to help and I'm sure you are also-as is everyone here.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Personally I have long believed that the Russians not only have gotten control of Trump by psychological manipulation and by channeling money to him (especially after American banks cut off all credit to Trump because of defaults) but also because they have kompromat, or proof of salacious behavior that would embarrassing to Trump if graphically shown to the American public.  The Steele Dossier, assembled by highly respected former MI6 Agent, contained reports by his sources in Moscow that Trump in 2013 had been involved in salacious, actually weird, acts (which I will not describe here) with Russian prostitutes.  This was discussed between Comey and Trump before Comey was fired, as you will recall, in which Trump denied the salacious allegations but was still terrified the allegations would get into public view.  Comey told him the salacious allegations had not been proved.  The process by which Russian intelligence officers gain mind control and behavior favorable to their interests was described recently in an interview of former US Counterintelligence Official, Malcom Nance.   Russians gain influence through money made available to greedy people (like Trump), flattery of narcissistic type people (like Trump, and sometimes by kompromat that establishes the threat of blackmail.  According to Mr. Nance, Donald Trump was a dream target for conversion by Russian intelligence operatives because he had all the personality traits that made him susceptible, malleable by them, some degree of moral weakness, greed along with need, and narcissism or excessive vanity that could be exploited.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Again we think alike Ballhawk....this time about Trump being brainwashed and what Mr. Nance has written and has said....but then how do you explain members of the serving GOP going to Moscow, trying to meet Putin, not getting to see him but getting to see those close to him? Were they brainwashed like Trump? Puzzles me.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritaruby, I think the trip to Moscow by GOP congressmen was supposed to be an effort to improve US relations with Russia.  But, apart from the question of whether we should suddenly become friendly with a country that infiltrated and intruded in our election by cyber means, is the possibility the diplomacy BS is just a cover for something else.  What if Trump told the GOP members they might find investment opportunities through Russia, which the Russians might be happy to give as a way to gain more influence in the US?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
And, if lining the pockets of those GOP congressmen is the objective of that trip, I think it would violate the emoluments clause of the US Constitution.  I have not read that part lately but I think it says that US elected officials are not supposed to get monetary gains through dealing with a foreign power or through their position in a public office. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
True, Ballhawk about some of the serving GOP going to Moscow...but my question is this: Were they going to try and plot how to hack/hurt the midterms and 2020 elections? Or was it all money power and greed? Inquiring minds want to know. Saw this on Rachel Maddow on MSNBC and I KNOW she wants to know.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Oh C'mon Ballhawk....here I don't agree with you about the purpose of the serving GOP visit to Moscow. Not one bit. I know this is probably the stated and public purpose...but not, I fear the real one. Great show, guys. In what other administration would you have seen this? Respectfully to you, Ballhawk.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritaruby, you might have misunderstood me.  I was not saying the reason for the visit was just to improve US relations with Russia, which was their stated purpose, but I was saying there could be other real reasons.  I mentioned possible financial deals.  You mention the Russians and GOP members of Congress might conclude some working arrangements to covertly help the GOP in the upcoming mid-terms.  Both are possible.  I see no disagreement between us.  I think we are both skeptical of anything said by Trump or his associates or his allies on Congress.  I think we both see the possibilities for ulterior motives when GOP members of Congress trek to Russia.  (at taxpayer expense by the way)  And, given what is already known by our intel community about Russian ongoing efforts to disrupt the western democracies including the US, it is outrageous for our leaders to be going there in the first place.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
You are correct, Ballhawk. I believe I did misunderstand you...and we are very much on the same page on this subject, as well as others.😃
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Sorry folks, I just had to throw this in....did they put the children and grandchildren of the serving GOP who visited Russia in cages while they were away? Seriously. Does this please TRUMP'S DWINDLING BASE? Make them look good? I don't trust them and of course don't believe any hype on why they went. They are all evil liars like their "dear leader. " UGH!
Quote 0 0
droberts
"Outrageous for our leaders to be going there in the first place "- I totally agree with this. 

The SOBs are even using taxpayer's money to do it! Plus, where do Senators get off going there in the first place. They are not part of our State Department or of an Intelligence Agency. There is something totally fishy with this and I hope Mueller and others are keeping their eyes on it. Maybe even have snitches.

Not sure how to throw this out there but, why would the far right actually want the USA to get so chummy with Russia? And how does this fit their so skewed idea of patriotism. Putin would want control and that would still leave  them a minority. Guess I can't wrap my mind around this one yet. I know they are all bigots, racists, against gays, immigrants etc., but the right is more nationalistic. I wouldn't think they would accept  outside interference from Russia, especially Neo Nazis. Not sure if I'm making any sense. Just seems so twisted. Or is Trump going to screw them too? So much to think about. Just consider this rambling my thinking out loud.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
The whole thing smells fishy and foul to me! Trump is a lowlife and Americans are paying the price!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
See the source image
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 2 0