Ritaruby
Mustfer (sp?) I believe it was presented this idea in one of the newsletters received on 1/20. He went into much detail about it, but here it is summarized:

Chuck and Nancy and Dems: GIVE TRUMP THE MONEY HE WANTS FOR THE (STUPID!) BORDER WALL AND AGREE WITH HIS PROPOSAL TO PROTECT DACA AND RECIPIENTS FOR 3 YEARS - AND REOPEN THE GOVERNMENT. At first this sounds like a bad "giving in" and Trump "winning" over Pelosi, but look - as he pointed out: He had 2+ years now to build his wall. It was never built, no plans were laid for it, etc. and at one point he didn't even sign a bill offering him 25 billion - I assume that was from the Repugs. Point being: Trump may not really want a wall, but what he does want is to play to his (dwindling hopefully!) base and be able to say "I win! I win" "Nancy and the Dems LOSE" (those are my words). He goes on to mention that by 2020 Trump stands a good chance of NOT being elected - and again these next are my words echoing his thought - a Democratic President and hopefully House and Senate too may be in, or at least a (real normal) moderate Republican-again my words.....so the wall may never even get built...his aim is to "win" and prove himself a "winner" and that "he" ended the shutdown (that HE started) and gain what he most values approval and applauds from his base...the Dems gain by having the government reopened and getting at least some protection for DACA - if even only for "3 years." I agree and hope you have read his article....it delves into this theory in much greater detail. LET THE IDIOT WIN NOW SO WE CAN REOPEN THE GOVERNMENT AND THE "BOOM!" GET HIM, AS OBAMA WOULD SAY, A "SHELACKING" IN 2020!  Your thoughts? Links? Comments?
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Well I have posted a post expressing how this trump shutdown is affecting me personally and I'm sure its affecting others in my shoes as well and I also said we should just give trump his wall just so we dont starve to death and I got a bad reaction by one of our Friend's here, I dont remember his/her name but they were lettered starting from "c", and I was really hoping I wouldn't get a bad reaction by no one here but I understand, I didnt mean any harm I was just expressing myself.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now, So sorry to hear you got a bad reaction from someone....I must have missed that. Not making excuses because in my opinion as you know, this forum is a place where people can and should vent and let out their frustrations on Trump...but not on each other. I will look through again but as I mentioned I did not notice and I tend to notice these things. Sometimes someone will have a difference of opinion and feel very strongly and emotional about it...for instance, many (my husband is one) feel that if Chuck and Nancy "give" Trump what he wants for the border wall with protection for DACA for just 3 years, he will continue to demand more and more awful things from them - so they should not appear weak and give in. I hear you where you are coming from for sure, and let's hope and pray (those of us who do pray) that this shutdown ends one way or the other asap. It is a horrible cruel thing that Trump is using innocent people-many of whom keep us safe and help our economy - as "pawns" to get his wall....or attention or both. 
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yeah Democrats should do whatever they must do just to save lives.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Destroy_Trumpturd_Now.
Quote 1 0
droberts
Sorry RitaRuby, but I agree with your husband. The Dems were elected into majority in the House to keep Trump accountable and be firm. (you have to be with a petulant spoiled CHILD). I feel for all his hostages, but to give into his demands teaches him the wrong way to negotiate, if that's what you want to call it, and he will continue to use it or another undesirable form for his ill-conceived wants. This is already his third shutdown in two years. You dont want to be back in this same boat in a month or two?

As I pointed out in another post, there is help out there for federal workers and others affected by the shutdown, more and more is springing up everyday. 

If the Dems do have to give in, I hópe they makeout like bandits for what they get in return. Because all of us will be paying for that wall, make no mistake it won't be Mexico as Trump tries another lie, and it won't be just monetarily either.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
cpmty
I do not agree with Rita.. THE REASON WHY HE WANTS THAT WALL a wall that is NOT GOING TO WROK its absurd to spend billions of $$$ only because this man is a nutcase fanatic and obsessed with it. THE DEMOCRATS want for him to really do what he promised they are only  asking TO GIVE the opportunity to these people (dreamers) and others to stay in the US not just 3 years, ...and then what? send them back Mexico ??( many of them are not Mexicans, but from other Hispanic countries). THEY DO NOT TRUST TRUMP TO REALLY DO WHAT HE promised.

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, this was just an idea....by me and one of our writers, to kind of call Trump's bluff and get the shutdown ended. I completely agree with you about the nonsense of the wall and understand that Chuck and Nancy must think, "well, if we give in to him on this - aside from it being ridiculous, then he'll keep making unreasonable demands". And that is perfectly true. I also agree that the Democrats want him to do what he promised...and that the 3 year protection is not satisfactory....this was just another idea...you are free to disagree with me. I heard today that they are still trying to talk and reopen the government....I hope very soon. And I do not trust Trump either, that's not what this - somewhat radical - idea was about. HE IS AND WILL REMAIN A SCUMBAG!
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
droberts, as I mentioned to cpmty and as you know, you - and anyone else - are free to disagree with me here. Neither I, nor the writer on our newsletter said that this was the BEST idea...or if my post appeared that way, it was not meant to. I understand why Chuck and Nancy are "holding out" and I understand their theory. The idea I mentioned would be risky as it would be basically calling Trump's bluff...and with the idea that the Dems take over everything in 2020 and then they can change the issue with the dreamers....that this is not just about a wall....and no, of course Mexico won't pay for it....I agree with you that we, the people will in some way end up paying for it...as people are "paying" from the shutdown right now. Thanks for the reminder to all that there is help available for those affected by the shutdown. 
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
droberts, as I mentioned to cpmty and as you know, you - and anyone else - are free to disagree with me here. Neither I, nor the writer on our newsletter said that this was the BEST idea...or if my post appeared that way, it was not meant to. I understand why Chuck and Nancy are "holding out" and I understand their theory. The idea I mentioned would be risky as it would be basically calling Trump's bluff...and with the idea that the Dems take over everything in 2020 and then they can change the issue with the dreamers....that this is not just about a wall....and no, of course Mexico won't pay for it....I agree with you that we, the people will in some way end up paying for it...as people are "paying" from the shutdown right now. Thanks for the reminder to all that there is help available for those affected by the shutdown. 

You did state in your opening post that you agreed with Murfster and also in the title you thought it brilliant. In another you mentioned what your husband thought. I was just stating I agreed with him and why. Just my opinion.

If McConnell would just do his job and allow the Senators to do their duty and vote on those Bills already passed by the House instead of obstructing them, they could over-ride a Trump veto (he knows they have the votes to do it) and open the government. Instead the little weasel is bringing up Trump's proposal + extra not mentioned by Trump on Saturday, (which makes it even worse) on Thursday for a Senate vote. He knows it wont pass. God, I hope Pelosi grinds his flabby a** into the ground. 
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
cpmty
Ritaruby wrote:
cpmty, this was just an idea....by me and one of our writers, to kind of call Trump's bluff and get the shutdown ended. I completely agree with you about the nonsense of the wall and understand that Chuck and Nancy must think, "well, if we give in to him on this - aside from it being ridiculous, then he'll keep making unreasonable demands". And that is perfectly true. I also agree that the Democrats want him to do what he promised...and that the 3 year protection is not satisfactory....this was just another idea...you are free to disagree with me. I heard today that they are still trying to talk and reopen the government....I hope very soon. And I do not trust Trump either, that's not what this - somewhat radical - idea was about. HE IS AND WILL REMAIN A SCUMBAG!
. {{{I Totally agree with you,. An you can't put better. I really can't understand why the Reps are sooo absurd and stupid to back him up making so many people suffer ... we should stop his salary until he agrees to open the government and stop this stupid & unreasonable game... This wall is not going to work and he know it  but his ''winning'' is most important th American people. Can we have and  & accept this munster and evil man?
Quote 0 0
QuietStorm
My compassion and empathy to federal workers and government agencies that Trump is holding hostage for his stupid hate wall, .. that desperate people will only cut through with a saw, go over, under, or around.  However, giving into his demand would be a HUGE mistake!  It would only teach him what works when he wants something else.  The $5.7 billion doesn't pay for an entire wall, it is only the beginning down payment!  Keep that in mind, .. and what a waste of money on an outdated idea that is totally against what the Statue of Liberty stands for!  Sure, our border needs protection, but wouldn't drones, cameras on poles, and more border guards along with reforms and improvements at our entrances for those seeking asylum make more sense than billions and billions being spent on a hate wall?  No doubt Trump or Spence would have a 'special' rich buddy that would make sure to ' do favors ' for Trump in exchange for the contract to build his hate wall.  I would like to see thousands of the hurting federal workers picket and protest everyday outside the White House until Trump opens the government.  He tried to block by law the right of people to protest in front of the White House, so you know that would piss him off!  YAY!  I also have to wonder who is really controlling this spineless conman bastard named Trump.  Is it Putin? Anne Coulter?  Rush Limbaugh?  Hannity?  Fox News?  Saudi Arabia?  Or, .. all of the aforementioned ?  Lucifer is a given for sure!  lol
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
QuietStorm, I do agree with all that you have said. My-and one writer's- "radial idea" was just an idea, a gamble if you will, banking on calling Trump's bluff...that all this is not really about getting the wall (he had 2 years with an all Republican Congress and never got it) but his getting attention, diverting from his criminal acts and, to me most importantly-a scary sign that he really does not want our government to function as it has been for these many years.....meaning as a Democracy. Rachel Maddow recently mentioned this and I agree...what better way to stop his investigations (yes, I know Mueller's goes on but others can be crippled as I understand it) and shrink/do away with the government and then maybe privatize it as he wants and make money off of it? He is a dangerous horrid excuse for a human being. As to the protests from what I hear they have already begun....I saw a sit-in in Mitch McConnell's office on MSNBC the other day. Who is driving Trump? He has to either have been completely brainwashed by the Kremlin or, as the New York Times article and others said, operating as an agent of the Kremlin to weaken the USA....I believe that Putin, the (King?) of Saudi Arabia , Coulter, Limbaugh, Hannity, Fox News and Lucifer are ALL "driving" him...along with his excessive need to have approval and power - at everyone's expense unless their last name is Trump. And let's not forget that Mitch the Ditch Witch McConnell has a lot of power in this shutdown issue and he is not doing his job. He could end it, as I understand it with the Republicans' only as well as negotiating with the Democrats. He could convince "crazy" (I mean Trump here, to me they are both crazy) to sign...could "force" an end to this shutdown....I am concerned that this shutdown will go on for months or years and that even when the government does reopen many people will think twice about those jobs for fear of another shutdown. I wish they'd build a wall around Trump......or cage him like the migrant children!
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, I heard that Assandria Ocasio Cortez (I have probably botched her name here, sorry) has suggested that all Senators and Congress people as well as Trump go without their salaries during this shutdown...and I am all for that...but we all know this is not going to happen. We have this Monster in the White House because in my opinion Putin threw the election so that Trump would become President....and a small portion of the country-enough to win the electoral (sp?) college voted for him, thinking he would "shake up Washington!" Boy, did he shake it up! Add to that the gerrymandering of votes and here you have it. Thank God the Dems got the House and in 2020 I hope they keep the House, Senate AND Presidency! People are protesting and if enough people show up at all of their offices and homes and follow them around....maybe it will make some impression. I saw a sign on tv in Kentucky that said "End the Shutdown Mitch!"
Quote 1 0
cpmty
Ritaruby wrote:
Mustfer (sp?) I believe it was presented this idea in one of the newsletters received on 1/20. He went into much detail about it, but here it is summarized:

Chuck and Nancy and Dems: GIVE TRUMP THE MONEY HE WANTS FOR THE (STUPID!) BORDER WALL AND AGREE WITH HIS PROPOSAL TO PROTECT DACA AND RECIPIENTS FOR 3 YEARS - AND REOPEN THE GOVERNMENT. At first this sounds like a bad "giving in" and Trump "winning" over Pelosi, but look - as he pointed out: He had 2+ years now to build his wall. It was never built, no plans were laid for it, etc. and at one point he didn't even sign a bill offering him 25 billion - I assume that was from the Repugs. Point being: Trump may not really want a wall, but what he does want is to play to his (dwindling hopefully!) base and be able to say "I win! I win" "Nancy and the Dems LOSE" (those are my words). He goes on to mention that by 2020 Trump stands a good chance of NOT being elected - and again these next are my words echoing his thought - a Democratic President and hopefully House and Senate too may be in, or at least a (real normal) moderate Republican-again my words.....so the wall may never even get built...his aim is to "win" and prove himself a "winner" and that "he" ended the shutdown (that HE started) and gain what he most values approval and applauds from his base...the Dems gain by having the government reopened and getting at least some protection for DACA - if even only for "3 years." I agree and hope you have read his article....it delves into this theory in much greater detail. LET THE IDIOT WIN NOW SO WE CAN REOPEN THE GOVERNMENT AND THE "BOOM!" GET HIM, AS OBAMA WOULD SAY, A "SHELACKING" IN 2020!  Your thoughts? Links? Comments?
{{{ and  how right you are....
Quote 0 0