Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
Ritaruby
droberts, yes I had said I thought it would or could be a brilliant idea for the Dems to give in...and yes I did state that my husband thought - as most of you do - that Pelosi should "hold out" on Trump instead of giving in to the man baby's latest temper tantrum and con ploy. I still think that idea is a creative and inventive one...would it work for sure? Of course we don't know....I at the same time agree with the thoughts that if you do give Trump what he wants now he will try shutting down the government again and God knows what else because he saw he could get away with it. There is no easy answer. And while there is help available I know of at least one person on this forum who may not be getting food stamps due to this shutdown...I totally agree that McConnell could easily pass the prior agreed upon bill. I blame him as much for this shutdown as Trump. He has also said he does not care how long it goes on...and why should he? His wife is, what a millionaires or a billionaires? It won't touch him and it wont touch Trump....McConnell is as heartless and soulless as Trump is and he has proven that over and over. I hope the people in Kentucky remember this if and when the government opens and DO NOT re-elect McConnell...his time is way past and he has been too much of an obstructionist. He disgusts me as much as Trump does.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I hear you, cpmty about my topic here.
Quote 0 0
QuietStorm
Mitch is as evil a dark entity as Trump is.  One dirty hand washes the other, but in their case, both hands just keep getting dirtier!
Quote 0 0
cpmty
Ritaruby wrote:
cpmty, I heard that Assandria Ocasio Cortez (I have probably botched her name here, sorry) has suggested that all Senators and Congress people as well as Trump go without their salaries during this shutdown...and I am all for that...but we all know this is not going to happen. We have this Monster in the White House because in my opinion Putin threw the election so that Trump would become President....and a small portion of the country-enough to win the electoral (sp?) college voted for him, thinking he would "shake up Washington!" Boy, did he shake it up! Add to that the gerrymandering of votes and here you have it. Thank God the Dems got the House and in 2020 I hope they keep the House, Senate AND Presidency! People are protesting and if enough people show up at all of their offices and homes and follow them around....maybe it will make some impression. I saw a sign on tv in Kentucky that said "End the Shutdown Mitch!"
yes, yes yes... I really hope that  happen You are totally right. there is lots of billions involved between Trump and Putin/Russia/Mafia  etc...and they wanted him even if they didn't think He T45 is normal. They have their puppet on their hand. For $$$$$$$$$$$ he kills, Americans and children.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree cpmty. I believe that Putin OWNS Trump …. and he is possibly owned by other dictators too but mostly Putin!
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
QuietStorm - Agreed about McConnell. He is up to his head in Russian money and as dirty and heartless as Trump is. They both need to go. And soon!
Quote 1 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
droberts, yes I had said I thought it would or could be a brilliant idea for the Dems to give in...and yes I did state that my husband thought - as most of you do - that Pelosi should "hold out" on Trump instead of giving in to the man baby's latest temper tantrum and con ploy. I still think that idea is a creative and inventive one...would it work for sure? Of course we don't know....I at the same time agree with the thoughts that if you do give Trump what he wants now he will try shutting down the government again and God knows what else because he saw he could get away with it. There is no easy answer. And while there is help available I know of at least one person on this forum who may not be getting food stamps due to this shutdown...I totally agree that McConnell could easily pass the prior agreed upon bill. I blame him as much for this shutdown as Trump. He has also said he does not care how long it goes on...and why should he? His wife is, what a millionaires or a billionaires? It won't touch him and it wont touch Trump....McConnell is as heartless and soulless as Trump is and he has proven that over and over. I hope the people in Kentucky remember this if and when the government opens and DO NOT re-elect McConnell...his time is way past and he has been too much of an obstructionist. He disgusts me as much as Trump does.

People that are eligible for food stamps and already receiving them will be receiving them all through February from what I read. It's March that they are not sure about if the shutdown continues. Just in case, I would suggest checking out local/state supported alternatives, such as food banks, food pantries, etc.,(as I mentioned in another post I started) and have a backup plan for March and possibly beyond.

At least one of those links in that earlier post was offering assitance for more, such as rent, utilites etc. I think just getting the information as to what will be available for people may help to relieve some anxiety. The best relief, of course, will be ending this Trump initiated nightmare and holding him accountable for it.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for elaborating on the info. you sent, droberts. 
Quote 0 0
droberts
droberts wrote:

People that are eligible for food stamps and already receiving them will be receiving them all through February from what I read. It's March that they are not sure about if the shutdown continues. Just in case, I would suggest checking out local/state supported alternatives, such as food banks, food pantries, etc.,(as I mentioned in another post I started) and have a backup plan for March and possibly beyond.

At least one of those links in that earlier post was offering assitance for more, such as rent, utilites etc. I think just getting the information as to what will be available for people may help to relieve some anxiety. The best relief, of course, will be ending this Trump initiated nightmare and holding him accountable for it.

UPDATE:
Seems SNAP /foodstamps benefits for February are going out this week, January 21.

They are stating that you should ration/budget what you receive in late January for the month of February. No benefits will be sent out in February.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks again for the info droberts.
Quote 0 0