Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
You all I just shut this down. I don't think you can change the mind of a currently supporting Trump supporter at all. It just wastes energy. In my opinion people who currently support Trump fall into one or more categories; evil and mean, racist, severely mentally ill with the kind of narcicissim he has and are not getting help for it or incredibly stupid. And I really hate the word stupid....almost as much as I hate Trump! I cut this person out of my life...was easy to do so as no love lost I was told...on either side...not someone close to me.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Renee, I don't mean to insult your children here who support Trump...let me make that clear....but I just don't see how any reasonable person can, even more so now after the pandemic.
Quote 0 0
QuietStorm
It's frustrating as hell trying to get through to idiots that support Trump.  I know, .. my own sister supports him!  She lives in Brush, CO which must be a primarily GOP town.  She's college educated, a retired teacher, and was raised by my very Democrat parents.  I told her she has been brainwashed, and pointed out that Trump raped a 12 yr old girl along w/ Epstein, has committed extensive tax and bank fraud ( hence his hiding his tax returns ), money laundering, bribes, treason, etc. etc., and comes from a criminal family.  I told her to study the Trump family history.  She goes silent and changes the subject!  She made the comment on our last phone call about all the "phony news" on ABC !  I give up!  It's so obvious he lies and is corrupt to the core, and wants to be a dictator with total power.  A true and very dangerous psycho sociopath, so, how can so many people not see what we see happening with him?  I can only shake my head in disbelief!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I hear you, QuietStorm. Trump has certainly divided us. Myself, I have (almost! I switched my ticket once a long time ago...can not even remember who was running) been a lifelong Democrat, but in the past got along just fine with those who voted Republican. Even if I personally did not like the Republican President to a good extent I felt they cared about us citizens, about the USA and especially keeping us safe, in partnership with our allies, the list goes on. Here, with Trump to me it is totally different. I know people who have tried to change the minds of Trump supporters and with few exceptions have they succeeded. I even more don't understand it with the pandemic. I blame him for it. It is "out there" that he was briefed it was coming our way months before it did and chose to do nothing. I do believe to a good extent that, in addition to what I posted before his "core supporters" have been completely brainwashed. Even Fox News has been running ads against Trump by the group The Lincoln Project-Republicans against Trump. Justin Amash is still considering a run and Biden has already discovered China, Iran and Russia trying to hack in. I worry about the election....but as to the Trump supporters if a family member I suggest agreeing to disagree about politics (or anyone else you are very close to) and with strangers, forget it. It can only frustrate you both to try and change minds. I think we all can use our energy to try and get the Democrats in everywhere. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
It also concerns me that with the pandemic there will not be the amount of grassroots donations that there may have been, since many are out of a job.
Quote 1 0
QuietStorm
I agree so much with you in regards to other past GOP presidents.  I even liked the personalities of Reagan and the Bushes, even though I disagreed with their politics.  AND, .. most of all, I didn't fear them destroying our democracy, the Constitution, and declaring themselves ruler for life!  Trump even said a few months back when he was giving briefings on the White House lawn before taking off in the helicopter, he mumbled and I heard it with my own two ears, .. he said, " Well anyway, the Constitution is phony."  He lied on day one when he took the oath to protect our Constitution!  I'm wondering why that didn't get major talk with all the networks, especially the likes of CNN and MSNBC ?  I'm hoping Biden will air a political ad using that, along with Trump's lie that he will protect Social Security.  Lots of proof out there he intends to destroy it!  I would think once some of his fans hear that and see proof of his lies, maybe that will have an affect on their opinion of their conman wannabe fuhrer.
Quote 0 0
QuietStorm
Also, If I have to predict, .. Trump will lose the popular vote by a LOT!  BUT, .. I fear the massive gerrymandering that has proven to benefit Republicans, and done by the Republicans, will get him re-elected.  That is my worst fear!  I have even heard he could lose the popular vote by as much as FIVE MILLION, ..AND still win the electoral and stay in office!  That is insanity and a travesty should that happen.  We've got to get rid of the electoral vote in the future.  Should Trump lose, .. I really think he will refuse to leave the White House, and try to get the election thrown out, declaring massive fraud in the voting.  He knows he can go to prison for all his past crimes if he doesn't stay in power!  Our democracy won't survive another 4 years of this criminal conman psycho-sociopath.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
QuietStorm, I understand your fears and I share them. I am just praying that, somehow we will get Biden elected - or if he decides to run - even Justin Amash would be better than Trump. I know that I think one of the first things a Democratic President should do is abolish the electoral college. It never was fair and not it's even more unfair. I don't know how but we just need to win.  In every other area "majority rules" - but the electoral college + his cheating-China, Russia and Iran have already been caught trying to interfere. And Trump can throw his tantrums if defeated but hopefully the Democrats can out think him. I do look for him to use the pandemic as an excuse to delay the elections and to stay in power....I agree we won't survive another 4 years under Trump. My husband and I muse occasionally about moving to another country with socialized medicine should Trump be re-elected....because you know where he'll make cuts. But Democrats are winning and predicted to win some races so until it is not so I choose to be (realistically) hopeful....same as I am with the pandemic.
Quote 1 0
QuietStorm
I have even had thoughts that it might be wise to apply for citizenship elsewhere ( like possibly New Zealand ), in case Trump stays in power, because that will mean the end to America as we know it, and its decline will happen rapidly as that sociopath quickly turns us into yet another dictator ruled banana republic, where we become only the rich and the poor, as he greedily pillages all incoming monies into his own pocket.  That is his ultimate goal that has been all along, .. wealth and absolute power over his kingdom, just like North Korea where Kim demands worship of his greatness, or death to his enemies.    Trump wants the death penalty back, .. that isn't just a coincidence!  I really think he is quite capable of murder.  As he said in his book, 'Think Big', he said, .. " It gives me pleasure to see others suffer. "
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree, QuietStorm. My husband and I have had that same discussion about leaving the country if Trump is re-elected....possibly getting dual citizenship in case we ever get a Democratic President if not this time around. I think it should be a serious discussion for all Americans, especially those with health conditions...because if re-elected I think we all know Trump would get worse and worse...every time you think he can't get worse he does. I am praying for Biden to win but if not there is definitely a chance we would be actually forced to leave as Trump plans to cut coverage for pre-existing conditions, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security....and of course food stamps and help for the poor and the disabled.
Quote 1 0
QuietStorm
Canada might have to build a wall to keep out all the fleeing Americans if Trump is re-elected!  lol
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree, QuietStorm….right now there are travel restrictions as I understand it between the USA and Canada...but hopefully they will be lifted before and after the election....also the other English speaking countries may need to do the same!
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
This could become a reality for many people who don't want another 4 years of Trump or of a possible Donald Trump, Jr. or Ivanka Trump presidency!
Quote 1 0
QuietStorm
It's very obvious Trump intends to set up a family dynasty.  Guess his idiot fans wouldn't mind.  In case you haven't heard, .. there is some encouraging good news!  I was watching MSNBC this morning, and they said Trump's campaign manager delivered the bad news to Trump, that he is behind in all the swing states, and even Texas, by as much as 6 to 10 points!  AND, he was told he would lose the electoral vote had the election been held in April !  YAY!  Trump blew up and started yelling at his manager, and of course blaming him!  So of course Trump is planning a rally in Arizona next week.  Of course he has to immerse himself with his fans because he needs the adoration.  Never mind they will start dropping dead from the virus, .. thus less votes he will get come November!  Also, he demanded 1000 cadets be flown back in from some military academy ( who have already graduated ), so he can be filmed giving a graduate speech in front of them.  I'm really beginning to think he is the spawn of Hitler and Satan combined!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
QuietStorm, I have heard about what you mention too. And I think that he IS the spawn of Hitler and Satan combined!
Quote 1 0