Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
Ritaruby
Is it today? I thought it was going to be 3/20 when we get official word on Conor?
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
In one place I read 3/20 another as far out as 3/26... How long does it take to get 188 votes returned and counted?
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
dfcloud wrote:
In one place I read 3/20 another as far out as 3/26... How long does it take to get 188 votes returned and counted?

I agree. It seems crazy but until the election is certified, it is not official. IMO
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Went to a Pennsylvania newspaper site and they're stating it won't be certified until at least
April 2. (I like to get information straight from the horses mouth, in this case Pennsylvania newspapers). Allegheny is the county that Conor Lamb won, must be the most populated.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13426010-74/review-of-pennsylvanias-special-election-is-underway

This article below I thought was interesting as a Candy manufacturer apologizes for having DT Jr. and Saccone visit, set off a bit of a turmoil for them. This may be why the District is going to make sure all is done correctly to prove the win. I'd hate to live in that area!

https://observer-reporter.com/news/localnews/sarris-candies-apologizes-for-trump-jr-visit-before-special-congressional/article_d15964d2-2877-11e8-8042-5fe442c54d87.html

Nothing to do with government or elections is ever fast enough. Always a waiting game.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
droberts wrote:
Went to a Pennsylvania newspaper site and they're stating it won't be certified until at least
April 2. (I like to get information straight from the horses mouth, in this case Pennsylvania newspapers). Allegheny is the county that Conor Lamb won, must be the most populated.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13426010-74/review-of-pennsylvanias-special-election-is-underway

This article below I though was interesting as a Candy manufacturer apologizes for having DT Jr. and Saccone visit, set off a bit of a turmoil for them. This may be why the District is going to make sure all is done correctly to prove the win. I'd hate to live in that area!

https://observer-reporter.com/news/localnews/sarris-candies-apologizes-for-trump-jr-visit-before-special-congressional/article_d15964d2-2877-11e8-8042-5fe442c54d87.html

Nothing to do with government or elections is ever fast enough. Always a waiting game.

Something smells fishy here. Two more weeks ?   WTF?
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Here's an article with a breakdown/timeline.  I'd say because of the Repugs, expect this to happen more often in close elections.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-legal-challenges-ahead-pennsylvania-special-election/story?id=53759576
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
Ya know, if sarcastic and Lamb's positions/votes were reversed, the election would already be declared as certified. Even if Democrats put up a fuss, it wouldn't be as big a horse and pony show as the repugnicans are making. They should take a page from their own play book.... We won, get over it! Put mr. sourpuss sarcastic back where he came from and let Lamb get on with the business of governing.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Agreed dfcloud. The last I heard Conor is not getting this spot but he and Republican are "facing off" in another district which the Dems think they can win in....you are right though, if the shoe had been on the other foot OMG-hysteria!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the link droberts...I had heard this too...unfortunately, the Repugs just keep getting worse and worse...but we shall overcome!
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
droberts, again appreciate your links re: Conor Lamb and the candy shop in PA. Something DOES smell VERY fishy about this whole thing...the Republicans (currently in office) are so disgusting...I can't even stand it. And I try never to watch Trump's face or Sanders...and fast forward through the evil blah blah blah of any Republican guest on the mainstream media who defends themselves and Trump...just don't want to hear it!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, agreed DF, election in PA is not "real" until certified, but like droberts I smell "multiple fishes" here...maybe Trump's buddies are at it again! Would do literally anything to anyone to win!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
dfcloud it takes TOO long to get votes counted when they are being messed with, in my opinion.
Quote 0 0