Ritaruby
Thoughts? Links? Not sure how I feel about this one really, In general I don't believe in it but, for instance the guy who killed Heather Hyer in Charlottsville and Jeffrey Epstein are 2 examples where I think it warrants the death penalty - and NOT life in prison - where they can possibly still sneak out like it's been reported Epstein is doing. I don't favor the special treatment for white collar crimes, either....or better treatment for the wealthy. Not sure about the first example but it sounds like Epstein has a "cushy" life in a confined area of prison. Why? 
Quote 0 0
cpmty
I didn't believe in  death penalty until my husband (a lawyer) got a criminal case. An 18 mo. baby was found dead in his drugdict  parents house with rats bites, cigarets burning all over his body, raped and strangled. THAT DAY I  really  THINK SOME PEOPLE DO NOT DESERVED TO LIVE BUT DEAD PENALTY AND SOON with in two years of his/her sentence. These parents got life in prison. The only reason, because in there many people coming and going in their  house. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, I never believed in the death penalty before but honestly now I do, with one exception and unfortunately this does happen and I can see it happening more in the Trump era...some people get taken into custody and they are actually innocent. Maybe they were mistaken for someone, with the wrong people at the wrong time or set up. In this case it would be a horror to have the death penalty....but why not have it for the case you mentioned and those I mentioned?
Quote 0 0
cpmty
Ritaruby wrote:
cpmty, I never believed in the death penalty before but honestly now I do, with one exception and unfortunately this does happen and I can see it happening more in the Trump era...some people get taken into custody and they are actually innocent. Maybe they were mistaken for someone, with the wrong people at the wrong time or set up. In this case it would be a horror to have the death penalty....but why not have it for the case you mentioned and those I mentioned?
. ****** I believe in extreme cases... when is 100% and specially with children and old people or serial killers. 
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Try tis link!

https://www.iheart.com/content/2019-07-25-ag-barr-orders-federal-death-penalty-reinstated/
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the link, Delta Flight.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you on the death penalty issue, cpmty. My concern here is that under this administration it is being reinstated to cause yet more fear in Americans - and especially in minorities - should they dare to differ with "the king" - in other words, I am hoping it will be fair and used for the extreme cases and not as a tool to make the USA a further step toward being a dictator run country.
Quote 0 0