Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts
Jim Carrey is urging people to dump their Facebook stock and their Facebook page as he's doing because they profited from Russian interference during the 2016 election. Says we need activist investors to send a message to Facebook and other media sites that responsible oversight is needed.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/02/06/comedian-jim-carrey-delete-your-facebook-account-and-dump-the-stock.html

Interesting to see who and how many will do it.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I never got a Facebook account. I was considering it and all social media because as mentioned I am chronically ill (I mention this to say I don't get out much) but...when this Russian Bot stuff started I said "no way." The other issue is that if you get a Facebook account you can close it but you can never actually unsubscribe or get out of it. My husband had one for awhile to connect with a past college friend, then he closed it and he still gets emails with notifications. I don't like this...kind of like the Hotel California..."you can check out any time you like but you can never leave..." Also I used to respect Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO, who was thinking at one time of a Presidential run...now I think he's a scumbag...FB is NOT doing enough to keep Russia out of our social media....I suggest others close out their accounts too...I know you can have a "closed" account..but really? My understanding is they are the worst social media in cooperation with Russia...paid in RUBLES for God's sake!
Quote 0 0