droberts
I'm sitting here in front of my TV with coffee and a bagle, about a half hour away from Cohen's open House hearing. Waiting to hear from the man himself who is working on self-redemption and wanting the American people to know the truth to make up their own minds about who's lying. Let's see if he lives up to all the hype we're getting on these hearings. 

He has nothing to gain from lying. His sentence can't be reduced because prosecutors already have the information, but he is vulnerable if he lies to Congress again.

I expect republicans will try to make him out as always a liar (Rep.Gaetz from FL has done so by tweet. Probably committed a Felony doing so), but look at what they have residing in the White House. Trump is a king, KING OF LIARS!

I'd believe Cohen over Trump anyday. 

Hearing starts at 10 am this morning. Enjoy, I will!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
droberts
droberts wrote:
I'm sitting here in front of my TV with coffee and a bagle, about a half hour away from Cohen's open House hearing. Waiting to hear from the man himself who is working on self-redemption and wanting the American people to know the truth to make up their own minds about who's lying. Let's see if he lives up to all the hype we're getting on these hearings. 

He has nothing to gain from lying. His sentance can't be reduced because prosecutors already have the information, but he is vulnerable if he lies to Congress again.

I expect republicans will try to make him out as always a liar (Rep.Gaetz from FL has done so by tweet. Probably committed a Felony doing so), but look at what they have residing in the White House. Trump is a king, KING OF LIARS!

I'd believe Cohen over Trump anyday. 

Hearing starts at 10 am this morning. Enjoy, I will!

I'd bet this hearing will have more audience attention than the State of the Union address!
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
dfcloud
I'll bet you're right! The so-called State of the Union required listening to the lying buffoon's voice, something I haven't been able to stomach since the beginning of his "campaign".  I'm pretty sure we won't have to listen to him at Cohen's hearing. 
Quote 1 0
droberts
I wish Jim Jordan would get a sock in it and duct taped shut! The repugs disrespected the dems in these committees and hearings, now it's their turn. Don't like it much do they?

Quote 0 0
dfcloud
It just amazes me that these a**hats will sit there and rant on and on about how Mr. Cohen is a pathological liar, so why should they have to listen to him... and then they will turn around and totally back and support a PROVEN pathological liar, whose main goal appears to be dividing our country and giving Russia everything they want to destroy us. Are they all blind? or does Russia have dirt on every one of them? I'm actually glad that I have to go to physical therapy and won't be able to listen to any more of this.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts and dfcloud I actually sat through the entire Cohen testimony. At times it was painful - especially hearing Jim Jordan and the Freedom Caucus and all the Repugs - but I believe Cohen and I agree about Jim Jordan - and Matt Gaetz! WHY IS TRUMP HIMSELF AND HIS CROOKED FAMILY AND AMINISTRATION ALL NOT IN PRISON??? IF COHEN IS A LIAR THAN WHAT DOES THAT MAKE TRUMP! Whew! I'm wiped out..time for a nap. The question of "why" still begs and I guess it will for awhile, "why" are they/did they all lie? We know Cohen said he lied to protect Trump-but what's up? Do you think the Dems will obtain Trump's tax returns? I was proud of all the Dems, some names escape me on who I think did the best but one was AOC. As I said-time for a nap now and time to turn off the tv for the night - and maybe even tomorrow! (Except for Rachel Maddow of course!)
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
[​IMG]
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 3 0
droberts
Too funny Delta, you do know how to find them. The cartoonist should have added a giant crater underneath him. I'm sure Trump would actually leave one, but he is digging his hole deeper and deeper everyday. I'm hoping he ends up burying himself completely soon and Mueller, the SDNY or the State of New York adds the headstone.

Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Great cartoon, Delta Flight! Droberts  I think I would like to see Trump in an orange jumpsuit in a "non cushy" prison first....for many years...hopefully with all of the work and investigations  phe and his cohorts will be made to pay - as Michael Cohen is - for their part in trying to destroy our sacred Democracy!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
lfzub8c0ykb21.jpg
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
Someone posted this on Facebook today:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Quote 2 0
Ritaruby
dfcloud this cartoon is priceless!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
8D94E758-7CFB-4DEC-8BF4-381941FF3C68.jpeg
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This still does not show up, Delta Flight.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
1A455687-FA57-405E-935C-568E4D1406EB.jpeg
Quote 0 0