Monday, December 2, 2019
Docxyz
Neither the House or Senate will raise or discuss vital issues regarding improving the ability of Congress to actually represent the middle class and poor. They will not discuss term limits for Congress, abolishing the electoral college, eliminating Presidential Pardons, discuss having citizens determine their compensation and benefits, or explain the real reason for the ascending inequality of income.  It is time we do something about this.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Welcome to the forum Docxyz!

I agree that we need to do something. I believe though nothing will be able to change until the Dems get Majorities back, especially in the House. I think its time for Pelosi to go too! And the biggest hinderance of any changes for us is Donald Dirty Trump. We have to be rid of him to get our country back to any sense of normalcy. Unfortunately, this all is going to take time because its so bogged down with all these other problems.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Docxyz, I agree with you.  I think the first step in addressing those issues is for us to elect more Democrats to the House and Senate.  A return to civility, reasonableness, and respectable governance can only occur if we kick out the Republicans.  This is not to suggest that all Democrats are angels, but we can see the differences that have evolved between the two Parties in recent years.  I grew up in a Republican family, was a registered Republican for years; then I switched my registration to Democrat about 17 years ago due to disillusionment with what the GOP had become.  Today I loathe everything about the Republican Party including their leader Donald Trump.  I think we are in the beginning of a Blue tidal wave, an awakening among progressive Democrats and progressive Independents to rid the USA of Donald Trump and all that he represents.  
Quote 0 0
Docxyz
Ballhawk, I am also hopeful we can get a  Blue Wave in November that will be willing to talk about the issues I mentioned.
The Democratic Party could elevate itself by discussing real issues and not devoting any energy to point out how terrible
Trump is...since everyone knows he is an incompetence and hostile man.
Quote 0 0
Docxyz
Is there anyway to point out to the middle class and working class that the real reason for rapidly increasing income inequality is due to the wealthy 5% being able to determine what percentage of the income earned by the middle class and working class they can take for themselves and what percentage they can give to the middle class and working class.  The progressive income tax was designed as a hedge to their greediness but is no longer operative.  When Eisenhower was President they were taxed at 90%.  Aside from progressive income tax it is possible to set a cap on maximum earnings or made it a ration of CEO salary and bonuses to workers wages both of which can help lower the total unfair distribution of profits.  The wealthy have never done much in changing anything...the middle class emerged because of Unions which are rapidly and unfortunately becoming extinct. We may all have to take to the street to make the real changes needed since both current political parties are owned more of less by the 5% who are continuing to loot American in a rather openly hostile manner.  The "trickle down effect" , as the evidence indicates, is bogus and most of us know this.  We also know that "coal" is a dying industry just like blacksmiths, stagecoach makers, etc. when by the wayside with technological development.  Coal miners need to push for retraining into new jobs in the emerging industries.
Quote 0 0