Monday, December 2, 2019
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I believe the Russians are behind Conor's points going down now. Conor's points weren't down before at all so why now that the vote will be in just in a few days from now are his points going down?? I find that very obvious. That means if Conor loses, we're screwed big time the same way we were when trumpturd got elected.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I agree with you about this situation in PA with Connor Lamb...but I am trying not to believe we are completely "done" just yet....hope, faith and Karma.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
☺ that's all we can do for now I only hope there will be more Democratic voters that will hurry to get Conor elected.
Quote 0 0
droberts
I think you have to take those polls with a grain of salt. This one from today says Connor Lamb is leading. I don't put much stock in them. It ain't over till it's over!

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/exclusive-dem-leads-in-new-poll-of-hotly-contested-pennsylvania-house-race
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Well as long as Conor is still winning then I really have nothing to worry. I just don't know why I'm getting emails telling me that repuklicans are outraising Conor in order for him to lose and if we don't do our part in getting Conor elected, it could be a massive loss for us.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now, I just read where this race is "neck & neck" now and I also read though that there are specific parts of PA which are important and that whoever wins in this election, does not necessarily mean they win in the midterms. Hopefully that helps you feel better. As to the emails I also am constantly getting emails - for pretty much every Democratic candidate in every state - daily. Though we have donated a small donation to the Democrats, they apparently reply more on "grassroots" funding than do Republicans who have NRA and other dirty money at their disposal. But I feel a revolution coming..
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
droberts, I agree about it not being over till it's over with the polls...again great link. It is true that the final results are all that count.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - I think there are many Democratic voters and also others who are just plain fed up with Trump. Wait until they see the effect this Tarrif junk he passed will have on their paychecks and industries!
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
Americans will be paying heavily as a result of the tariffs.

The US treasury is the one that collects those fees. Go figure.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
droberts
I constantly am getting email from the Dems too, especially with Nancy Pelosi's name on it who by the way never sent a response at all to my email. All those are I've come to realize is their method of getting donations. I don't read most of what I get lately because I like many of us can't donate everytime they send one, which can be several times a day. Borders on harassment.  They also play to your fears too, I think by not outright lying,  but I would say spin and exaggerating the truth. Sad to say this may be the only way to raise money to be competitive with the Repugs, because you know the Supreme Court said corporations are people too! (Citizens United). We need that reversed. If Dems get the majority they might could do it.
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
So even if we lose say in 1 state or 3, does it mean that Democrats can still take over the House and Senate as long as we win in the majority of the States? 
Quote 0 0
droberts
They have to win majority of the seats in the House, which I think is most important because they are the ones that can initiate impeachment proceedings. The Senate holds the trial for impeachment once the House votes to start it, so if we can get the majority of seats in the Senate too, have a greater chance of getting Trump found guilty and thrown out of office. Pennsylvania is only one state and it is a special election. The majority of Representatives and Senators up for election will be in November, 2018. But anything we can win now is a big plus, especially if it is in Trump territory, which PA is. We just want to scare the hell out of Trump and Repugs to let them know we're on to them!

Quote 2 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Oh so whoever is elected now in every state that is a Democrat is just basically a warning to trump and his people that we will win?
Quote 0 0
droberts
Every Democrat that can win now in special elections makes it more likely Dems will win majorities in November. If we win special elections in areas that Trump won in 2016 election, shows even those people that may have voted for him then are changing their minds and that the Dems will possibly have a good outcome in November. They need to win every seat they possibly can. In November a lot of the hardcore Trumpsters will be voting(his base) so any Dems that can win now helps tremendously.

I wouldn't read too much into polls, they go up and down all the time. Like I said, It ain't over till it's over. So don't get discouraged, if you have friends and family that vote and hate Trump ask them to make sure they vote and place their vote for Democrats if they have special elections coming up and in November. If they vote for a third party that will probably hurt more than help because it takes votes away from the Democrats.

Up for election on November 6, 2018 are

35 Senate seats; all 435 House of Representative seats 

Senate: The U.S. Senate has 51 Republicans and 49 Democrats (including two independents)right now. There are 35 seats up in 2018*, of which 26 are held by Democrats. That party will need to gain 2 seats to take control.

House of Reps.breakdown by party below:  (vacancies are filled by the Special Elections)

The Democratic Party would need to pick up 24 seats in 2018 to win the House chamber. Which means even if they win those vacancies they still need to take seats away from Republicans to get the majority.

U.S. House Partisan Breakdown
PartyAs of March 2018After the 2018 Election
    Democratic Party193Pending
    Republican Party238Pending
    Vacancies40
Total 435 435

check this link out: You can put in your address to see whos on your ballot if your state has elections in 2018 (which are listed along the right hand side).

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Congress_elections,_2018

Hope I'm not confusing anyone. I'm learning as I search out information too.

Quote 2 0
Delta Flight
droberts wrote:
Every Democrat that can win now in special elections makes it more likely Dems will win majorities in November. If we win special elections in areas that Trump won in 2016 election, shows even those people that may have voted for him then are changing their minds and that the Dems will possibly have a good outcome in November. They need to win every seat they possibly can. In November a lot of the hardcore Trumpsters will be voting(his base) so any Dems that can win now helps tremendously.

I wouldn't read too much into polls, they go up and down all the time. Like I said, It ain't over till it's over. So don't get discouraged, if you have friends and family that vote and hate Trump ask them to make sure they vote and place their vote for Democrats if they have special elections coming up and in November. If they vote for a third party that will probably hurt more than help because it takes votes away from the Democrats.

Up for election on November 6, 2018 are

35 Senate seats; all 435 House of Representative seats 

Senate: The U.S. Senate has 51 Republicans and 49 Democrats (including two independents)right now. There are 35 seats up in 2018*, of which 26 are held by Democrats. That party will need to gain 2 seats to take control.

House of Reps.breakdown by party below:  (vacancies are filled by the Special Elections)

The Democratic Party would need to pick up 24 seats in 2018 to win the House chamber. Which means even if they win those vacancies they still need to take seats away from Republicans to get the majority.

U.S. House Partisan Breakdown
PartyAs of March 2018After the 2018 Election
    Democratic Party193Pending
    Republican Party238Pending
    Vacancies40
Total 435 435

check this link out: You can put in your address to see whos on your ballot if your state has elections in 2018 (which are listed along the right hand side).

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Congress_elections,_2018

Hope I'm not confusing anyone. I'm learning as I search out information too.

I in turn ,learn from you.

Delta Flight
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0