Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
This morning they were set to vote on Kavanaugh-Friday 9/28. It kept getting delayed. *See all articles in today's newsletter re the delay, the Democratic Senators' walking out and how Kavanaugh's behavior and reactions are typical of abusers. Links? Thoughts? Comments? I believe I read where the American Bar Association will not recommend him now. And some religious publications are pulling their support. This time, even if Kavanaugh gets in I believe he will end up being out one way or the other.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I only hope that this is a good sign from God, theres been so many delays now and that has to mean we won't have that Monster in our Supreme Court. Hopes and more prayers.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destory_Trumpturs_Now - The FBI investigation is listed as "limited" in scope and for a maximum of one week - but at least it is something. I hope Avenetti gets Julie Swetnick (sp?) out there during this time to talk to the FBI. But even if Kavanaugh gets in I don't think he will stay. He is wildly unpopular with the public at large and even more with women and some of the Dems say they will pursue further inquiries if he does get in (not sure how) and if they take back the House and the Senate Kavanaugh is toast.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yes and it's making me very angry that the republimonsters are hiding all of kavenaughs garbage and the white house only allows the FBI to see stuff that doesn't get them nowhere in the investigation and that way it will be easier for them to get that worse excuse for a judge confirmed, so they say that trump IS NOT above the law but it looks like he is exactly otherwise he wouldn't of give the FBI permission, forget about confirming Kavenaugh, trump is already above law. I only hope the Democrats will be more intelligent to not let these monsters make us look like we can never win THEY MUST ACT NOW or we'll lose.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Slide 1 of 121: Steve Breen/The San Diego Union-Tribune
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ballhawk
It will be interesting to see what the FBI can ascertain by talking with Swetnick and Ramirez and those in the periphery of them and in the periphery of Kavanaugh.  If Kavanaugh does get confirmed in spite of FBI findings, and in spite of the ABA recommendation against him, what will happen after he is seated on the Court?  In the event further negative information surfaces the Constitution provides an impeachment process similar to the one pertaining to a president.  Such a bill would start in the House and then be judged by the Senate, presumably with two-thirds vote in the Senate required, same as for a president.  Only one sitting Supreme Court Justice was impeached by the House in our past, Samuel Chase, who was acquitted by the Senate and remained on the Court. That was in 1804 when Thomas Jefferson was the President. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Good cartoon yet again Delta Flight!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, here is what I see if Kavanaugh does in fact get confirmed to the Supreme Court. I do not see impeachment being used unless the Dems take over enough of the House/Senate-in which case I see impeachment and the reopening of every charge against Kavanaugh and possible criminal implications. Now - I assume the Repugs - have dug up some issues in Julie Swtnick (sp?)'s past regarding lawsuits but Avenetti can explain them - and the FBI scope is not set to interview her or her witnesses as part of their mandated scope (by the White House) as I understand it - because they do not consider her credible, in my opinion her claims are the most damming - and of course she is Avenetti's client. But right after the vote, in particular if Kavanaugh is confirmed, Avenetti has promised to go out in public on every news show with Julie and elaborate on her claims against Kavanaugh. He may do so this week since they are still refusing to allow her to talk to the FBI. He could still get confirmed, but it won't be a good thing-because aside from his issues public opinion overall his very much against him. This will not be the end of stories about him...they will continue to follow him is my prediction. Let's hope he does not get in,
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
The Repugs in congress in my opinion would never ever impeach Kavanaugh or Trump and will still look for reasons to vote for Kavanaugh. I am concerned that the "limited scope FBI investigation" is just for show and that Trump will have any imagined or real "dirt" drug up on all accusers and witnesses. They play dirty. But there is still hope.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
The Democrats are fighting, Destory_Trumtpurd_Now - as much as they can. read my posts above - I agree that this FBI investigation Trump agreed to may be a sham...I know the FBI will be accurate - but Trump and the White House can try and discredit it. Kavanaugh has already been discredited by the American Bar Association.
Quote 1 0
Ballhawk
I did not realize they were not going to interview Swetnick.  I just re-read the original article that explained her recollections along with Avenetti's representation of her case.  Ritaruby, are you sure the FBI will not question Swetnick?  If that is the case, it would leave huge unanswered questions about the process.  I had gotten the impression the FBI would in fact look into the two additional accusations, by Swetnick and Ramirez.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk, no I am not 100% certain that the FBI will not question Swetnick, but I read it somewhere (if anyone has a link please post) either it would have been on internet news, att.net or yahoo or seen on MSNBC most likely. Firstly, Trump is limiting the scope of the investigation to "credible accusations only"-recent accusations meaning that the accusers recently came forward. However...as you mention so far Swetnick's claims seem to be the worst of all. Unfortunately, as I suspected, the Repugs must have dug into her past and passed it on to reporters. She - according to the articles I read (again, if anyone has a link here please post) she has a history of legal entanglements. Avenetti is explaining them all away and saying they are being magnified and she wants to talk to the FBI, would be under oath and either has or will submit to a polygraph test. Trump and the Repugs and Kavanaugh do not want her story out there in particular - this is my opinion here - because if verified Kavanaugh could not only not be confirmed, he could potentially lose his Judgeship and be charged with a criminal act-along with Mark Judge-who I do NOT trust to tell the truth under oath-organizing multiple gang rape parties and dropping drugs in women's' drinks is pretty serious - not that the other claims are not serious for sure. I would be very surprised if the FBI now questions Swetnick or her witnesses. First, it would get more dirt out on Kavanaugh and it would also likely lengthen the maximum one week window of time. I am sure that the fact that Avenetti represents her is not helping matters. Though to me he is a bold hero, to the Republicans and some of the public he is considered a grandstander. Again, not my opinion. The American Bar Association has said they can not recommend Kavanaugh without an FBI investigation as well as I believe it is Harvard Law school. Yes, it seems only fair to interview Swetnick. But if she does not get her chance to speak to the FBI Avenetti has vowed to "go much more public" with her story so the American people know it all - especially if Kavanaugh is confirmed and without her talking to the FBI. Kavanaugh is not at all popular, even among conservatives except with the serving GOP (or most of them), Trump's administration (or most of them) and Trump himself. We all know why he is pushing so hard for a candidate with such obvious issues. "Brett, you are my Get out of Jail Free" card if confirmed-thinks Trump I am sure.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
The FBI investigation of Kavanaugh is nothing more than a dog and pony show by the Trump administration.

IMO it is a sham!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Most of Kavanaughs problems stemmed from his drinking but the FBI must not go there. WTF
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Delta Flight I agree to an extent....Kavanaugh apparently became a "very mean drunk" and because he drank excessively his behavior may have changed. I have heard this happens...however...to drink to the extent he evidently did and continually and to do the things he did...was he drunk when - as Julie Swetnick claims he planned the gang rape-drug in drink parties? I think this man's character is corrupt, even without the drinking but the drinking brings it out. My opinion.
Quote 0 0