Ritaruby
I didn't get to see this live so watched it on the computer. It was really disgusting. Can you say Barr is Trump's "new Roy Cohn?" I hope the unredacted version gets out and gets out quick. Trump sure picked the right person for the Attorney General's job this time! And Rosenstein going along with it....I want to hear MUELLDER testify to the House and the Senate - and speak to the public (though that we may not hear). Thoughts? Links?
Quote 1 0
thunderboltbrown
I agree with you 150%
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes thunderboltbrown..we are definitely on the same page. This whole thing could be (and probably will be!) a comedy skit were it not all the freedoms we have come to know under Presidents past in both parties, our laws and rules and ethics and democracy from decades ago....under serious attack. I agree with one of our writers....this needs to be the main focus of the media...that Trump and his AG and others in his administration are destroying the USA...we've GOT to get him out in 2020....I'm a Democrat and will vote for whoever gets the Democratic nomination but I am all for that one Republican challenger he has...the more the better, especially if they have ethics....give him a good run for his (stolen) money!
Quote 0 0
droberts
I watched the Barr Report this morning . Did anyone else think Rod Rosenstein looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He's gone way down in my estimations. How did he, why did he, go along with this and stand behind Barr? Something's not kosher in the DOJ.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed about Rosenstein Droberts….and the other man standing behind Barr...forgot his name/didn't recognize him. Let's remember Rosenstein did sign the "fake/non real" memo of the Comey firing prior....he's no boy scout. However, I, as yourself always have thought he was a career professional...and he's leaving that crazy house for God's sake....so why he went along with it is beyond me. Just read on online news that Trump is furious about what he heard is out in the - even redacted - version of the report. There's definitely something not Kosher in (what's left!) of  the DOJ....or is Rosenstein that afraid of Barr - or Trump? Whatever the case Trump needs to go and the sooner the better. Barr's "presentation" and "summaries" which he refuses to call such are a big sham....I guess they thought before the holiday weekend they could con viewers - ok they probably conned Fox news viewers but still..."SAD!" I can't wait until Mueller himself testifies to the House and the Senate Intelligence Committees....and more of his team starts speaking out.
Quote 0 0
droberts
I don't trust the Senate Investigations. I know Dem Senator Mark Warner on the Intelligence Committee is good, but I'm distrustful of and embarrassed of Burr. He's one of the Republican Senators (which needs to change in 2020) from my state and it came out that back in 2017 the little piss ant went squealing to the White House/Trump with information from the committee . They should have made his treasonous ass resign. And the republicans had the nerve to attack Congressman Schiff for doing his job honorably and within the constitution. 

I hope the Republicans reap their karma soon and it destroys them for what they're doing to this country. Evil pigs!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed droberts. I was surprised to hear that Burr did what he did....I know they are all pigs and need to get out, but I thought he was better than that.  They should all be in jail not just Cohen and Manafort (with their white collar "slap on the wrist" sentences, especially Manafort.) I as well hope that Karma is as big of a bitch as needs to be. There are no decent Republicans left, especially not serving ones. Disgusting. Hopefully we can give them the "shellacking" in 2020 that we did in the House in 2018. Since this redacted version of the Mueller report is so bad I'd hate to see the unredacted one!
Quote 1 0