Ritaruby
OMG! What has this world come to! I am boiling mad....controlling myself here...Judge Ellis (isn't he a Trump appointed Judge? And didn't he once say "the only reason you-Paul Manafort-are in here is because you worked for Donald Trump?) A figging 4 year sentence which also includes the jail time he's already served - when Mueller's Prosecutors spelled out that he lied to them, etc. and recommended 10 to 24 years? This makes it look like anybody can get by with selling out the entire USA and possibly other countries as well. Trump refers to him to this day as "a good person!" Really? My major hope is that when he goes to his second trial in DC Judge Amy Berman Jackson - who has had enough of him already - imposes a minimum of a 10 year sentence to add on to it?

This kind of crap makes it look like the "other side" (you know, the "very fine people on both sides-re: Charlottesville) are winning...not a good feeling....and the judge had the nerve to offer kind words to him as well  and also said "he has lived an otherwise clean (those are my words not the Judge's-I forgot the rest already) life.

This sends a message to all hoping for a Trump pardon and all committing white collar serious crimes that the judge will just basically give you whatever you want - think Trump was in on this? Manafort never showed remorse which even the judge pointed out and has had a LIFETIME of committing white collar crime...and he TRIED TO SELL OUT OUR COUNTRY!!!  HUH? Links, Thoughts, Ventings? 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I meand "frigging" not "figging" obviously. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
And sorry I think Mueller's Prosecutors recommended something like 19 to 24 years for Manafort..
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
And his sentence is one more year than Cohen's who cooperated and lied on behalf of "Individual-1".
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
47 months is a joke.

His sentence failed to do justice.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/03/08/paul-manafort-sentence-failed-justice-blumenthal-intv-ebof-vpx.cnn
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the link, Delta Flight. I believe this judge to be, among other things, a Trump loving judge. He made prior comments in front of Manafort such as "you're only here because you worked for Donald Trump" etc. Some are saying this sentence was a racial issue - pointing to longer sentences this same judge gave to others - though he's "known for light sentences." I personally believe that he verbally abused Mueller's prosecutors - and had to apologize - and that Manafort's light sentence is in part because the Mueller prosecutors wanted to give him - what was it like 18 to 24 years I think. I think this was this judge's middle finger to Mueller's prosecutors....and the cherry on top: Per Judge Ellis "Mr. Manafort has lived an otherwise exemplary life." Gimme a break. He was a con way back in the day like Trump and I bet you he gets out, gets back in contact with Trump and does the same damn thing. Shame on this judge!! Though I feel this is a loss for the rule of law and democracy we have to continue to fight! 
Quote 0 0