Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I heard on Ari Melber's show today on MSNBC that Kavanaugh's accuser is receiving so many violent death threats to her and her loved ones that she has moved from her home and is "in hiding." Still, if she testifies, to me it could only help. Several Republican Senators - and not Collins or Murkowski - said they "would find it hard to send a rapist to the Supreme Court if the story is true." So how will she proceed now? Kavanaugh will be there....the guy whom she said was in the room with Kavanaugh sent a letter to the Judiciary Committee stating that he "has no recollection of the alleged incident" and refuses to testify. Hmn. The Dems want the FBI to investigate....Trump won't give the ok for that..claims they don't want to be bothered with this (I think that's BS).

I am concerned that a potential roadblock in Kavanaugh's confirmation may now be removed if she does not testify and that things will still get worse for her even if she does not.

This upsets me. How about you? Links, thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
A New York Times article just popped into my INBOX.  It says Ms. Ford wants the FBI to investigate before she appears before the Committee to testify.  That probably means that if the FBI first investigates and makes findings to verify certain elements of her story, it will then be easier for her to tell her story to the Senate Committee.  Anybody have more thoughts on this?
Quote 0 0
John N Watson
I beleve  that  this republicans are allways  in a hurry  because  they have made  up there minds there complicit  to trump and they just do not care  it will be another  travesty  if this bunch of old loony republicans  turn this into another we do not care movement  and it sounds to me they just want to shove this down our throats  without any real investing  this poor  woman needs protection  and there should not be a circus show the republicans  should Waite for a proper investegation, before going forward  and Warren hatch should recuse  himself as he has allready proclaimed  that he doesn't  beleve  her this is very  important  and needs to be completed  by the fbi.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes Ballhawk, I just heard that as well...about Ms. Ford wanting an FBI investigation before her hearing. Problem is, Trump has to give the FBI the "green light" - and he will not..claims "they don't want to do it" (he's too busy trying to get their classified information on his own case). And while the FBI Investigation would be a normal and best case scenario, I really think she should testify in either an open or even a closed hearing before the Senators...because if she changes even 2 minds about Kavanaugh he may not get in. Several Republican Senators said they would "would not elect a rapist to the Supreme Court" - and these were men, now Collins or Murkowski. I understand her hesitation but this is all she is being offered now-I think she should testify to tell her story and possibly stop him from getting in and THEN try and get the FBI Investigation. We don't have a normal President and she is at least being given some chance here. I fault Dianne Feinstein for "sitting on this" since July....I understand she did not want to put her name out there but then there would have been more time and it would not appear that the Democrats are trying to pull something off against Kavanaugh at the last minute before he is confirmed. I think if she does not testify he will get in and that is a shame. I believe her and I wish she would take this chance-inadequate as it may be.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Welcome back to the forum John N. Watson. I agree completely that there SHOULD  be an FBI investigation and that the Republicans as usual are trying to rush this nomination through before the mid terms as if everyone's life depends on it (well, with Kavanaugh in many lives COULD depend on it)...however I do think she should take them up on testifying. Per my prior post if even 2 or more Republican Senators believe her and they change their mind Kavanaugh may not get in. Now he stands a good chance to get in. We should do things the right way and by the rule of law of course, but now there IS no rule of law because Trump won't OK the FBI investigation. My opinion, just putting it out there.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
And I agree Warren Hatch needs to go. However, I do think that there are some Senators who would actually listen to her and not already have their minds made up, perhaps I am fooling myself, but this is what I think.
Quote 0 0