Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I honestly could not believe this when I heard it...of all the people at all the times...one of the main people I believe we were all counting on to possibly help get Trump out of office - in charge of the Weinstein, Cohen and Manafort cases, against Trump and working with Mueller - is out today on serious abuse allegations. WHAT HAPPENS NOW/ Fox News is already all over this and the right is gloating...somehow seems to continue to escape them all that our own President has threatened and abused women probably as much as Schneiderman has-but he continues to enjoy and profit off the office. I am seriously concerned now for the fate of these important investigations...someone new will need to get up to speed, slowing the progress already made-and who will it be? A Conservative Trump kisser-upper or another liberal hell bent on doing what is right? And what is wrong with these guys? It seems to me that the higher your profile the more careful you would be about what you do in private. Did he think nothing would ever come to light? Just don't understand and am very worried for our country's future now...separate from the horror this man apparently caused he was the best at his job. Of course he had to go...but now what? What do you think?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
The right wing apologists for Trump, including those who overlook his maltreatment of women, will gloat about the fall of another male figure, one whose mistakes were minuscule in relation to those of Trump. while ignoring Trump's track record.  They are too dense to see the hypocrisy.  Many of them would be lucky to even spell hypocrisy. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I completely agree with you here again Ballhawk. I just read a list of possible replacements for Schniederman and Preet Bahara was on the list...the list looked good..some people I did not know of course but if you recall Trump fired Preet and he is also top notch. He would not let Trump get away with anything...though Trump would screen "prejudice and bias" because he himself fired him so they will probably choose someone else. And true, I don't understand why Trump gets away with this, the Republican men do and all the Democratic men leave immediately....my hope is that more women who got paid off by Michael Cohen for Trump's actions come forward as a result of this because it is so high profile...and recently it seems Rudy G. spilled the means that paying hush money was/is one of Cohen's main "fixer" duties. Here's hoping!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritaruby, I am not sure of this but I think a decision on replacement for Schneiderman would be at the New York State level, not federal.  Schneiderman was Attorney General of New York, not a federal post.  So I do not think Trump could prevent it if NY selected Preet B. as Schneiderman's replacement.  Anybody know about this?
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree Ballhawk and I had thought this also...anyone else know any more about this? If so, please post. Thanks Ballhawk.
Quote 0 0