Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I read where there is and has been multiple Gerry mandering trying to control the votes and outcomes in favor of the elections for Republicans. Anyone have any more info?
Quote 0 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Ritaruby,

The issue of GOP gerrymandering has been heard and is under consideration by the Supreme Court.  Lower Courts have already judged some unlawful but the Supreme Court first has to decide whether or not it is within their scope to rule upon.  It is a major issue and the reason why the other parties lose vote counts.  If you look at the maps you can see how they have sliced and diced predominately democratic districts to dilute the representation. That is one of the major points being made before the Court; do American votes really count under this practice?  Since the GOP has taken over the majority of state governments they have butchered the chance of any opposition. 
Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Found in my email box. Donald Duck (TRUMP)?  America loves me!

duck.gif 
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I love this Delta Flight!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
The duck would make a better POTUS!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Ellen...yes thanks for the info...it gave me even more insight into the unfair practice of gerrymandering..I saw this on the news...horrid. I hope Dems take the House and Senate back...and soon!
Quote 0 0
droberts
Last year the repugs did some gerrymandering here in NC. The courts said  Redo em. They did and got told to fix em again. I believe they're still working on the districts.

We had voted in a Democratic Governor Roy Cooper last year after 4 years with a Republican. We have a Repug majority and they were shocked we voted in a Democrat back in. They were so pissed they took away some of the Governor's power on how and who he selects for positions in his admin. He has to more or less get their approval. Think they changed some other things on him too.
Children with sour grapes!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed...but from what I hear in the news the sour grapes are falling from the tree..hopefully that is right.
Quote 0 0