Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Did you hear about the 28 year old woman who unseated Crowley in the NY race? Heard her speak on Morning Joe....she has the right idea. Have the Democratic party stay on message, away from knocking Trump and playing his games, and put forth their clear agenda in 2018 and beyond...we are the party of positive restructuring, of giving of health care, helping the working class - we are the caring moral party-not we are the party against Trump (because everyone already knows that!)
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Great news!  Plus, she is good looking!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed, Ballhawk! And she sounds SO intelligent...her beliefs mirror those of Bernie Sanders and she has literally "walked in the shoes" of the very poor financially and of a working person struggling to make ends meet as well as she is a minority candidate - both a woman and Latino. Yeah! Her campaign was totally grassroots...she shocked even the Democratic party...I doubt they spent much if at all on her and put their money on Crowley. And as the Bob Dylan song says ..."the times they are a-changing.."
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!😄😄😄
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
YES! Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - This is fantastic news! Now, maybe this is a change the Dems need to win - a new generation of liberal minded people, with all minorities included. I respect Nancy Pelosit and Chuck Schumer and all of them very much, but I think perhaps it is time they lend their hand as a support, what do you think?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Agree with you Ritaruby!   It is very exciting when somebody like Ms. Cortez can rise from ordinary circumstances and win in politics.  She seems to have strong convictions. She formerly was a bartender.  Whether males or females I really want new people to rise in the Democratic Party and oppose everything related to Trump.  I think there are underlying forces in the US that want to take back the country, make the US revert to our traditional principles including civility in government, respect for the rule of law, adherence to the Constitution, cooperation with allies, free trade, fair taxes, the private enterprise system, and transparency in governmental affairs.  The kidnapping of children and separation of them from their parents is but one indicator of the utter depravity in the Trump administration.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I completely agree with you as usual Ballhawk.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Yes I do agree that Nancy and Chuck should do everything to help Ms. Cortez😃
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed to you also, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now. Like Ballhawk I think the best is to combine the different factions of the party...that's one thing they must do is come together as a strong message transparent cohesive team - the party of morality and for the working person - and put aside any jockeying for positions or disagreements. Our country is in too dire a shape now to afford those...they can has any of those out after they win back the house and the senate. And, with perhaps one or two exceptions of Democrats who looked nuts like Trump, I really don't care at this point if the older leadership or the newer leadership takes the helm, though I do think a combination of experienced political wisdom combined with new energy and fight would be the best approacj. And like Ms. Cortez run on what Dems CAN and WILL do - not run against Trump and play his nasty games...in this case I recall Michelle Obama's quote "When they go low, we go high" - focus on the issues people really care about and don't tear down Trump, simply point out that voting for Dems will keep healthcare, re-unite separated families, consider womens rights, do a better job with Tariffs, etc...not call he or his supporters names-at least aloud during the campaign-don't stoop to his level. After what Trump has done it there are many things the Dems can say they CAN do. R
Quote 1 0