Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
Ritaruby
Sorry Bob...I thought I was writing to you after your fall..my apologies to you and to Delta Flight.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
And add Russia to POTUS= Terrorism.
Quote 0 0
Bobcarper99
My British accent once again....

Bob Carper

quite all right RitaRuby...do indeed give it all as your testimoty to the longevity of the Queen.  Carry on !!!  And do give it a whirl

Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 0 0
cpmty
It seems that Trump-y thinks that it is not the same use a gun by a terrorist or by an American with radical views. this last is not as important as the previous one... (terrorism by a muslim...) to Him  killing people ( whomever does it )  it has a different level of importance so it is more or less important ... SO HE THINKS IT IS OK CRAZY AND MENTALLY INESTABLE PEOPLE CARRY GUNS AND KILL PEOPLE.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Agreed cpmty.
Quote 0 0
ericv
There are not that many RIGHT reasons. Prior to the Heller decision in 2008 it was accepted that there was only one -- membership in a militia that required members to maintain their own weapons. The amendment itself is garbled by a misplaced comma, but this interpretation is by far the one most likely to reflect the intent of the authors.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Hi ericv and welcome to the Impeach forum! Nice to have you!

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, welcome ericv. We are happy to have you here. Please keep posting. I was personally not aware of the info. you provided so thanks.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/health/getting-gun-ease-trnd/index.html

It is easier to get a gun in the US than a PUPPY!   WHY??? America needs help and fast! IMO
Quote 1 0
droberts
Hello all,

I do believe in the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms", but looking back at the time period when the Constitution was written, they had one shot weapons that had to be powdered, balled, and rammed with a rod before they could be fired again and their accuracy was pretty bad. They also needed those weapons to hunt for food almost on a daily basis (no Walmart or Kroger's then) and to protect themselves from highwaymen and wild animals. Now we have semi-automatic and automatic weapons that fire almost as rapidly as the machine gun I fired in basic training. They have high powered scopes allowing snipers to sit at a far distance and pick-off unsuspecting people with great accuracy. I don't know of any hunters that use semi-auto or automatic weapons to mow down deer, bears, rabbits, squirrels, etc. If they need to use it, than they are a bad shot and shouldn't be hunting. I don't think this Country's Founding Fathers could have envisioned these type weapons, let alone being in the hands of anyone who wants one.

I feel with the change and the advancement in weapons, the Second Amendment should change and advance along with it. There is no place in our society for military type weapons, or accessories that could turn a rifle into one. That is something the NRA fights for and is a disgrace to the Second Amendment, along with gun manufacturers that take advantage of the Second Amendment to promote these weapons and line their wallets. Blood money?

Every time there is a shooting, Trump and the repugs state it isn't the time to talk about gun laws or revisions. So they do nothing. To me, that is the perfect time! 

My two cents.

Donna

Note:  This is the second time I've written my two cents. The first time I had it perfect (may post again if I remember more), ran spell check and it disappeared.  Anyone else have that problem?  Just saying... something may be wrong with this. 
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 2 0
Delta Flight
droberts wrote:
Hello all,

I do believe in the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms", but looking back at the time period when the Constitution was written, they had one shot weapons that had to be powdered, balled, and rammed with a rod before they could be fired again and their accuracy was pretty bad. They also needed those weapons to hunt for food almost on a daily basis (no Walmart or Kroger's then) and to protect themselves from highwaymen and wild animals. Now we have semi-automatic and automatic weapons that fire almost as rapidly as the machine gun I fired in basic training. They have high powered scopes allowing snipers to sit at a far distance and pick-off unsuspecting people with great accuracy. I don't know of any hunters that use semi-auto or automatic weapons to mow down deer, bears, rabbits, squirrels, etc. If they need to use it, than they are a bad shot and shouldn't be hunting. I don't think this Country's Founding Fathers could have envisioned these type weapons, let alone being in the hands of anyone who wants one.

I feel with the change and the advancement in weapons, the Second Amendment should change and advance along with it. There is no place in our society for military type weapons, or accessories that could turn a rifle into one. That is something the NRA fights for and is a disgrace to the Second Amendment, along with gun manufacturers that take advantage of the Second Amendment to promote these weapons and line their wallets. Blood money?

Every time there is a shooting, Trump and the repugs state it isn't the time to talk about gun laws or revisions. So they do nothing. To me, that is the perfect time! 

My two cents.

Note:  This is the second time I've written my two cents. The first time I had it perfect (may post again if I

remember more), ran spell check and it disappeared.  Anyone else have that problem?  Just saying... something may be wrong with this. 

Hi Donna

You get a thumbs up from me on your excellent post. I do not hunt and see no reason for Americans to own such weapons of mass  destruction! IMO
Quote 0 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Hi Donna,

Excellent post! What I know about the 2nd Amendment is that in Colonial days there was no standing American army, of course, and colonial defense by the British was mainly to keep the colonists in hand. Ben Franklin formed a Philadelphia militia to defend the city.  He also met with leaders from other colonies to encourage them to do the same and form mutual defense agreements with those near. This was very pre-revolution.  When the Revolution began these militia members became the core of the minutemen which became the core of the Washington's army. When the Constitution was written the army had disbursed to their homes so there was no form of defense. The language of the 2nd Amendment addresses this as "a well-regulated militia" to keep and bear arms in defense of the ex-colonies.  The "militia" grew up to become the US military as it became necessary to have a standing army.  The only "militias" that survive are wackos seeing Obama invading Texas or hiding in the outback of Idaho and the survivalists armed to meet the zombies.  

Personally, I was glad to get rid of the firearms I was required to have.  I have lived as a single woman in major cities in the US and overseas and never had the need for them. I have no problem with hunting rifles that are used to supplement food supplies or normal law enforcement (not military surplus) arms.  I agree totally that assault arms that are easily and cheaply converted to full auto should be permanently banned.  I also am opposed to 'hoarding' outrageous numbers of firearms by individuals.

Delta Flight posted the Bob Dylan song and I thought of gun control when he sang 'How many deaths will it take 'til they know that too many people have died.'
Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
I am so glad you liked the Dylan post Ellen!
Quote 0 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Hi DF, I loved it! It takes me back to the days I could understand the words in the songs.  I truly am a senior.
Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ellen, I also remember those songs and am a senior.
Quote 0 0