Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Hi, Who out there is concerned about the bill drafts the GOP/Democrats are saying they are working on? I have benefitted greatly from the ACA
and am hoping they will come up with a bill we can all (literally in some cases) live with...it won't be what we really have/want probably but hopefully it is not the "skinny bill" which was thankfully defeated. Your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
QuietStorm
All Trump is concerned with, is getting a huge tax break for himself through a new healthcare bill.  He could care less what it does for the little guy.  He absolutely hates Obama and wants to erase his legacy and anything he did to improve the lives of people and our country.  Trump is a mega narcissist and sociopath, dangerous for not only our country, but the whole world as well.  They should keep Obamacare and improve it.  You don't throw the baby out with the bath water!
Quote 0 0
Kodfish
Loved the term "mega narcissist" to describe Trump.  It absolutely and exactly fits.  Trump is against anything that helps the poor, the elderly, and the working class because it does not represent the elite class he represents.  He appeals to the bigoted and the racist because he needs their following to advance his wicked agenda against the poor, the elderly, and the working class.  He uses his followers to further his elitist backers. 

Does anyone believe he has ever had to work for a living?  That is why he is struggling with the Presidency, it is hard work. He tries to delegate his work tasks as he always has and usually fails in the attempt. Although he is successful at some delegating, it is oblivious he can't completely accomplish it.  As of  yesterday he used Jeff Sessions as a "whipping boy" to unleash his war on DACA. He was too cowardly to come forward and do it himself.  Then the ball was successfully thrown into our Legislative Branch  so Congress would get blamed when it fails(as we hopefully believe it will). Then he will throw up his arms and scream to his followers " I tried but Congress wouldn't me.  Boo Hoo!"

If you do not agree that he is taking pages right out of Hitler's and Stalin's playbook you need to read and study twenth century World History. The  parallels are unmistakable. We all need to get our heads out of the because the sky is falling.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you Kodfish. But the Hitler was eventually defeated if I recall correctly-maybe the same here? Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Kim
What bothers me is that every member of congress said the skinny repeal was bad legislation and all but three voted in favor of it. Republicans are ignoring Americans wishes and doing every underhanded tactic they spent eight years complaining and accusing the Dems of doing to pass AHA. John McCain's vote was the most exciting two seconds of tv I've seen for a long time. I get AHA isn't perfect and needs to be fixed. Living in a country with the greatest healthcare in the world yet you don't have access so you have to be sick or in pain is wrong. I've wrote to McConnell expressing my views and he responded with a long email about how AHA was forced upon us and the shortcomings of AHA, so his view isn't going to change. Hopefully people understand how important their votes are in2018 and Dems become the majority and are able to save AHA if Trump hasn't destroyed it by then. If we started calling Obamacare Trumpcare he'd start supporting it and calling it the greatest thing a sacrifice I bet Obama wouldn't mind making to save it.
Quote 0 0
droberts
My husband and I retired the beginning of this year. We did get the affordable Care, because we couldn't afford to pay for the insurance through his former employer. We are not Medicare eligible yet. Thank goodness we are both in fairly good health. Pretty much just wear and tear. I am fearful that Trump and the Republicans will screw it up so bad that we'll have to pick and choose which health concerns are important enough to get checked. I'm also fearful they will screw up Medicare and Social Security for us. How can you work, save, and pay taxes for 40 years just to get smacked in the face for your troubles. All I want is a comfortable heathy retirement. 
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi hear you droberts. If one of the crappy skinny repeal bills goes through especially I will have to find a way to stay on my expensive life saving treatment. I too am not medicare eligible and not there yet-hoping that when I get there  we will still HAVE medicare and social security - as well as people will have Medicaid. Our best hope is that somehow the Trumpster will get hold of Bernie Sanders' bill(s) and/or the moderate Republicans who are working together with the Democrats on health care bills... I don't think Lindsay Graham's and Bill Cassidy's bill will pass the CBO with a decent score...it sounds worse than Paul Ryan's bill and the skinny bill...and those were horrid. I heard there were (are?) several other groups working together to construct health care bills-but they are not receiving the press and don't seem to be headed toward Trump's desk...and we know he'll sign anything that says "repeal and replace." Hopefully if Mueller and team get him and Pence can get off for all the lies he told he might save social security and medicare and we won't end up in a world war. All I want is to be able to continue to live and afford my treatment and also to get the retirement due me over many years. And to have a brand new President. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
They are trying again to sneak through a killer bill...Graham, Cassidy and Portman...as Sanders and company push Medicare for all and single payer. In my prayers the CBO score which they are trying to rush through says it will knock a 50 million people off their insurance and/or more than Rand Paul votes AGAINST IT if it comes up for a vote...and that Pence doesn't break the tie...Again where are the "bi partisan" multiple bills being drafted by others? Or do they not have that end of the month deadline with them to be able to try and ram this crud through with minimal votes? How do they sleep at night? I hope it all falls back in their face like it did with Paul Ryan and his "helpers." We all know Trump will sign anything which says "Repeal and Replace"...Everyone let's hope and keep irritating your local Senators who mostly don't answer calls, texts or emails...
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Did everyone see the KILL BILL that Graham-Cassidy got through...I think all the way to the Senate and are trying to pass without a CBO score and without any other "witnesses" besides themselves? What can we do about this? Let's cram the town halls (if you can find any they are holding!) and sit outside their homes and offices like what was done in protest before...because if this bill passes EVERYONE loses! Don't know how they sleep at night! And I'm sure the ROPS (royal piece of shit) called a "President" is in full favor of it and his VP will gladly break a tie...if they even let anyone else vote! Last I heard all Democrats and at least 5 Republicans are against it...it CUTS MEDICARE-NOT GUTS IT BUT CUTS IT as well as the individual exchanges, doesn't cover people with pre-existing conditions, and the list goes on...Let's hope "Karma" kicks in...wouldn't want my name on that bill if it passes and even if it doesn't...don't we all remember "Ryancare?"
Thank you.
Quote 0 0
dae
They want to send Healthcare  down to the states we all know  what  the states will do, the poor will not get Healthcare. They want to do away  with Medicaid as well as anything that the poor  will benefit  from.
Quote 0 0
Kim
Trumps tweet about Republicans that vote no on the new bill are saving Obama care like its an insult. What the majority of Americans want doesn't seem to matter in this country. Its heartbreaking that people have to start protesting again when its been made clear what we want. People being able to see a doctor is the worst thing ever apparently. AHA has saved peoples lives and saving it is a great thing. Its nice being able to get antibiotics when your sick and your not out in public exposing your illness to everyone your in contact with. How can people be so heartless?
Quote 0 0
dae
Trump doesn't  know  what  is in the bill.  His threats  are typical  of his ignorance, he doesn't  read anything therfore  he can't  comprehend  anything.  
Quote 0 0
dae
This bill needs to be killed.  I just  heard  McCain has said  he can't  support  this bill.  Susan  Collins  is leaning  to a no vote.
I think  we can win this one.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Thank you John McCain for doing the right thing, again! If only the rest of the Republicans had the guts to. He is in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. The people can't afford to lose him!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
DRR2017
droberts wrote:
Thank you John McCain for doing the right thing, again! If only the rest of the Republicans had the guts to. He is in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. The people can't afford to lose him!
I agree!  TY John McCain
Quote 0 0