Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts
When the f__k is this nightmare going to end?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/396974-conservatives-moving-to-impeach-rosenstein-soon-report?amp

I hope the Senate will have more integrity and NOT find him guilty if the House goes through with it.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Great link, droberts and yes, I am trusting that the Senate will not let this impeachment go through. I read it has not been tried in 122 years in a person in that position! Surely a man with Rosenstein's brains, Mueller and Christopher Wray are working on how to handle this...get the best Attorneys in town-can they do that - and team up with the Dems and moderates to fight it? I hope so. This nightmare will NOT end until Trump goes away and/or the drones in the House Intelligence Committee - that one small circle - go away...which probably means they need to get voted out...and they should make Jim Jordan pay for watching athlete abuse and doing nothing....HE is one of the ones spearheading this. And then of course there is Devin kiss-a Nunes.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I also like to think that some moderates in the House will NOT vote for this to even get to the Senate for a vote..I think that is how this works.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
Great link, droberts and yes, I am trusting that the Senate will not let this impeachment go through. I read it has not been tried in 122 years in a person in that position! Surely a man with Rosenstein's brains, Mueller and Christopher Wray are working on how to handle this...get the best Attorneys in town-can they do that - and team up with the Dems and moderates to fight it? I hope so. This nightmare will NOT end until Trump goes away and/or the drones in the House Intelligence Committee - that one small circle - go away...which probably means they need to get voted out...and they should make Jim Jordan pay for watching athlete abuse and doing nothing....HE is one of the ones spearheading this. And then of course there is Devin kiss-a Nunes.

One of the other Congressmen is Mark Meadows from my state, NC. He is a total flipflopper. One time he's speaking up about Trump, next he's doing junk like impeachment.  Like he's trying to appease both sides. Glad he's not in my district. 
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed about Mark Meadows, droberts - and I have noticed the same behavior in Rand Paul.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
I also like to think that some moderates in the House will NOT vote for this to even get to the Senate for a vote..I think that is how this works.

??? Trey Gowdy isn't a moderate ( at least I don't consider him to be), but said he wouldn't vote for a Rosenstein impeachment. He said why impeach him? Go figure. So, if Gowdy won't vote for it there may be many others who won't. Looks to be just the Freedom Caucus's fools.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/07/15/gowdy-rosenstein-impeachment-722237

Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:

House has to vote on it (not sure how many to pass it), then it goes to the Senate for trial. They would need 2/3 majority to remove him like the president, but I don't believe the Chief Justice is involved in it. Not sure.

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This sounds positive, droberts, about who will/won't vote for a Rosenstein impeachment in the House. I agree, the Freedom Caucus members-or most at least - seem to be the loudest of them all..but sorry I do not trust what Gowdy says any more than I trust what Trump says, but let's hope he votes against it. There may be enough of them even in the house who have some sense at least for that...if Trump gets caught and gets tried, any who are trying to impeach Rosenstein I would imagine could be considered to be "aiding and abetting" thus helping Trump/the conspiracy theory and I'm sure Mueller is watching this. They are placing bets on a very dicey pool table, to use an analogy (no I don't play pool, it is just an analogy before you ask me Delta Flight! LOL).  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks droberts, I knew the House had to vote on the article of Impeachment for Rosenstein - then it went to the Senate, all else is new information to me.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I have not followed the story closely about a move to fire or impeach Rosenstein.  If Trump ordered such a firing, or if he collaborated with members of Congress to bring an impeachment of Rosenstein, that seems to me like obstruction of justice.  In order to move against Rosenstein they would have to gin up some kind of phony rationale it seems to me.  The idea of removing a well-respected and honest professional like Rosenstein is just outrageous.  People with any sense of reality or fairness (which does not include the far right idiots) should be outraged by a move against Rosenstein.  Rosenstein has been doing his job "by the book" from what I can tell. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I don't think Rosenstein will end up being impeached, Ballhawk. This is obviously a disgusting display to get him out without Trump actually visibly firing him for all the world - and Mueller and the other Prosecutors, American public, etc. to see. I feel certain he knows what is going on in the House Intelligence Committee but is trying to act like he does not...and I do think if caught this group could be charged with trying to obstruct an ongoing investigation and help this President. But it is a sad time to see this.
Quote 0 0