Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts
I am in Raleigh North Carolina area preparing for the storm.

Please keep my state and all the states, (SC, GA, VA, MD) that are going to be hit, in your good thoughts and prayers. Pray Trump was telling the truth about being so ready. I'll believe it when I see it! NC does have a great (Dem) Governor, he's on top of it.

Millions evacuated from the coast and our shelters here are full but they say they will be opening more.
Being inland we may get up 7 or 8 inches of rainfall, some areas here up to 15 inches, but have to watch for flash floods and high winds also. We have a lot of large trees in our area. Some already have a tornado watch too.

This storm can still change it's course some and they say it's as large as the states of NC and SC put together.  It's been downgraded to a cat 2 but is still a monster. Been in NC for thirteen years and this is the biggest hurricane threatening us that we've been through.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Ballhawk
Regret that Silent Sam will not be standing in his usual place in Chapel Hill, resolute and facing the storm with equanimity, having stood for decades as a tribute to soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice in the Civil War. 
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
All our thoughts are with you and others who face this storm.

Take care!

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
otmichele
My heart goes out to you and everyone that has to face this awful storm!!!!  Please take good care of yourself, my thoughts are with you.
Quote 1 0
droberts
Just want to thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. We were very lucky in our area. We had rain but not the drenching or flooding the coast and other areas received. Winds would have some high gusts and we only got some small tree debris, no damage that we know of. Even though our experience with this storm is pretty much over, many are still in a living nightmare with still rising waters in already flooded areas. Many are displaced in shelters worrying about other family members, friends, pets, and if they will have a home to come back to. Others, that decided to try and ride it out in their homes, are either waiting to be rescued or are in the process of rescue. Times like these is when Americans come together to help each other no matter their views, parties, race, or religion. My thoughts and prayers are for the other people still caught in this nightmare and my sincere thanks and appreciation to those brave souls who put their lives on the line to help save them.  
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
We all thank you for the update regarding your ordeal. 

I know you will be helping others all you can there.

Also be carefull of that flood water as it has many nasty things in it
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
oh , droberts I must have missed this heading and these posts. Please take care of yourself, your family and friends and others as best you can. I think I can speak for all of us concerning this that thoughts and prayers (those who do pray-well wishes for those who do not) are with you. Please do keep us posted. Just read that your area seems to be ok...again please know that we are here for you to vent. This is a dangerous issue and hopefully they will get more FEMA personnel out to help. I heard that NC was to be the site of the next NRA convention - and though we never know with Trump, I think there is a better chance of him offering help in these states than in the others which were flooded...but you are right...we can never trust him so must rely on others to help. It must be so hard to see this happening all around you. All my thoughts and prayers. R
Quote 0 0