Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I have decided to put myself on a schedule of watching only one hour of TV News...the REAL tv news-per day and for me that will be Rachel Maddow. I of course see all the latest when I turn on my computer and our newsletter arrives every day and I read pretty much every article.

I have been an Ari Melber fan on MSNBC and liked him and Tapper on CNN and others...but OMG with Trump every minute gets worse and it has begun to adversely affect me.

I feel I need to stay here to vent and to post with you all and need to be aware - but beyond that - and of course signing petitions and making calls and the occasional small donation - I believe I need to slow it down now.

What about you? I am interested in how you all balance this insane mess.
Quote 0 0
Bobcarper99
Good Morningn[ RitaRuby, Deltaflight, and others....Bob Carper here (on one of my candid camera appearances)

I am totally with you on your decision to slow down on the number of posts you make.  I have been often going the way of slowing down on my Trumpimpeachment activity.  Some of my reasons are totally valid.  Other reasons are grounds for you to laugh insanely.

My valid reasons are like yours....I have had enough swordfighting over the Trump impeachment matters to where I can only cheer if something good happens, or groan when I read where Congressional Legislation has hit another turn in the road.  Unless I get really active in following the campaign trail, there is little I can do except being a spectator.

Now for the laughable stuff (and believe me it isn't funny)......my household has been victimized by bedbugs.  I have laughed at other experiencing this same fate.  How the damned things ever got into my apartment I will never know.  Some folk say they crawl in through the window sills.  Others say they have hitched a ride on my clothing.  Line up ten people against the wall and you will get ten different opinions as to how bedbugs are disseminated.  In the meantime, I have been quaranteed inside my own household until the bedbug menace has gone away.

Trump should only endure a bedbug problem.  Melania would have a fit if she saw only one bedbug.  Maybe she would divorce Trump from bringing in critters that the Russians invented.

Anyway, the exterminators are on the way.  Happiness to all....
Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
My way of getting occasional relief from Trump news is to read the Andy Borowitz reports in THE NEW YORKER.  Borowitz is a skilled satirist, a really funny guy.  Borowitz "reports" about the White House and Trump will make you laugh out loud.  Laughing is good therapy.  
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Bobcarper99 wrote:
Good Morningn[ RitaRuby, Deltaflight, and others....Bob Carper here (on one of my candid camera appearances)

I am totally with you on your decision to slow down on the number of posts you make.  I have been often going the way of slowing down on my Trumpimpeachment activity.  Some of my reasons are totally valid.  Other reasons are grounds for you to laugh insanely.

My valid reasons are like yours....I have had enough swordfighting over the Trump impeachment matters to where I can only cheer if something good happens, or groan when I read where Congressional Legislation has hit another turn in the road.  Unless I get really active in following the campaign trail, there is little I can do except being a spectator.

Now for the laughable stuff (and believe me it isn't funny)......my household has been victimized by bedbugs.  I have laughed at other experiencing this same fate.  How the damned things ever got into my apartment I will never know.  Some folk say they crawl in through the window sills.  Others say they have hitched a ride on my clothing.  Line up ten people against the wall and you will get ten different opinions as to how bedbugs are disseminated.  In the meantime, I have been quaranteed inside my own household until the bedbug menace has gone away.

Trump should only endure a bedbug problem.  Melania would have a fit if she saw only one bedbug.  Maybe she would divorce Trump from bringing in critters that the Russians invented.

Anyway, the exterminators are on the way.  Happiness to all....
Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com

Hi Bob

So sorry to hear about the little critter problem you have. We all pray that the issue is taken care of quickly.

Time cure all.

DF

Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
droberts
You may have noticed, but I have cut back on this forum, as well as, how much insaneness I can take when watching the news. I watch our  evening local news, the world evening news half hour, and maybe segments of new daily reports from Maddow, Chris Quomo, and possibly one other, Ari Melber, depending on what I'm feeling like, on YouTube. That way I can pick what interests me without being totally tortured for the night.

In the morning I watch some GMA with my coffee and still watch a bit of my recorded Stephen Colbert from the night before to start the day off with laughter. The beginning of the show is the best.

Like I've said before, it's self-preservation.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for sharing, droberts, though of course I hope we will continue to see you on the forum, even if not as much as before. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Bob, thanks for sharing and it's always good to see your "candid camera appearances." As to posting on this forum this is one area I plan to continue because it helps me to vent, that's just me personally. Sorry to hear about the bedbug issue...Trump probably will never get bedbugs...we are probably paying with taxpayer dollars for his clean ups.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thank you for sharing how you cope, Ballhawk. I definitely have to check out the New Yorker and you are right, laughter is great therapy!
Quote 0 0