Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
I know I am. Don't get me wrong, we need the economy to thrive...but it is my strong opinion that we should listen to the experts-as in the REAL doctors and scientists, etc. who say that reopening social distancing and everything else should not occur until everyone has access to testing, there is more medical equipment where it needs to be and/or a vaccine is out and/or more is known about the Covid-19.   Our state is set to resume pretty much everything so far at the beginning of May. As a person in a high risk category I'm pretty scared. If people continue safe practices - as for the most part I have seen here we're good - but if not the spread could be worse than before. If we had a REAL PRESIDENT we would surely be in better shape. 
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
I made my first trip out of the house today after 1 ½ months. We drove down to my daughter's to drop of granddaughter's baby shower gift. Since we had to cancel the shower she's going to wait and open everything tomorrow while live streaming on Facebook. We stopped at Dollar General on the way down to pick up my Cheeseits and one-dollar bills for John's bus trips to dialysis. I sat in the van while he went in, in mask and gloves. While I sat there four men went in... no masks. There were 5 women went in... in masks!!! Apparently the men in Maryland don't give a damn.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for sharing, dfcloud. I am sorry to hear that some men in Maryland seem to not be taking the necessary precautions. In my midwestern red state I see that too....some here take the pandemic very seriously and some not so much...I don't see much "middle ground." I just wish someone would get the "very stable genius" out of the White House and that more Governors would be more careful-listen to the scientists and doctors. I fear for another wave of this widespread...I know people are hurting for money but to me this is "playing with fire" - to open before proper plans - or ANY PLAN is in place. This is what we have to live with now so all we can do is what we ourselves can do and encourage others. Too many people just don't give a damn and I am betting that it will come back to "bite" them.
Quote 1 0
Phaser_1962
Opening up or not opening up that this the decision. ( sorry bout the quote)
The entire world is debating this vital question and it becomes clear that all countries think firstly about how wealthy they are or the stock market and not about their citizens and they are missing the point entirely.
Consider this, if there is no population or a very small population then there is no economy, so opening the country up is important, but the health of the citizens must be of the highest priority.
As I see it In Australia our population is approx 25 million give or take, but your population is 330 million, you have 13 times more population than we do, so for us to test 25 million people, this can be done however it requires a strategy, whereas you have 330 million, and your testing is so low its ridiculous and the moron in charge wants to reopen, the country, that's bat sh@t crazy.
In order to plot a direction you first have to know where you are and the compass that the USA is holding is (dancing) because there is no plan in place to test the population to identify who is infected and who is not or has recovered, your military is highly capable of carrying out this task with minimal fuss and getting the job done in an efficient manner, the moron in charge needs to be pushed into mass testing so that the country can be opened up but in a staged and safe manner and not a rushed half-arsed way that has disaster written all over it like he is proposing and you can bet one thing, he has already worked out who to blame when his plan falls on its face, so Americans regardless of political parties need to come together for the good of the country and your fellow men and women regardless if they support your way of thinking or not and force the moron in charge to test the country first and then when the data shows you where you are, move in the direction that will lead you and the rest of the world out of this, so we can get on with life and not as we knew it but as we are going to have to come to terms with moving in a forward direction
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Phaser_1962, I agree completely and could not have said it better.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Image may contain: 2 people, meme, possible text that says 'WHEEEEE DOGGIES GRANNY I DECLARE THIS GUY MAKES JETHRO LOOK LIKE A GENIUS'
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
You have outdone yourself on this one, Delta Flight!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Image may contain: 1 person, sleeping and baby, possible text that says 'He just realized he was Canadian Love Canada'
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Cute, Delta Flight! Lucky Canadian too!
Quote 0 0