Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
Ritaruby
droberts - and hello dfcloud, Delta Flight and everyone....I agree, another one bites the dust! More Republican Senators are always announcing they won't run for another term...We need to win them all and the news that Conor won made my day!😃
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Cheers to you too Bob, and DF, why did you say "bye Bob?" Bob, where are you going? Now Delta Flight is going to tell me I can't handle it when anyone takes a break in posting probably LOL...
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Oh I get it now, Delta Flight...Bob heard the "beep" and had to run...whew! Thought he was taking off and we can't have one of our Senior Members stop posting now, can we? As to the Avatar DF it is quite striking but a bit too much for me...We should all paint everything we have blue and wear blue because there is a BLUE WAVE COMING!😃
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Delta Flight, I am not quite sure what you are apologizing for...as I took no offense to anything you have posted....As to my "lightening up" good luck with that...my husband and those in my in person life have been trying for years...I do have a kind of warped sense of humor which I  believe you have picked up on....And yes, it is true I am NOT a Republican and never have been...have tolerated Republican Presidents (OK since Trump I almost idolize them all!) but I am a pure Democrat....I think there are maybe a handful of good "true" Republicans, most of whom are not in office and/or are not seeking re-election....but I wants all Dems to win...no matter who it is...the tide must turn.....and your apologies for I don't know what are accepted, now and in advance DF, you know that. I do try and get away from the Trumpster when I can with music, meditation, turning off the tv, etc....even I need a break too and rest assured I take it.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
dfcloud you make a great point. Sometimes we digress here on the forum...the Avatar I'm sure is not that big of a deal to most...sorry to offend you as an artist with our banter...  and YES! to Conor's winning.
Quote 0 0
Bobcarper99
Good evening everybody.....yes it is true.  I am not richly endowed.  I only have a Samsung Galaxy 3 as my companion when I am not on my apartment phone.  It has to be recharged frequently (!) and when the juice is nearing that low mark, it emits a shrill "beep" which is a sign it is calling for its master.  Other folk around here have much more capacity in their smartphones but I am one of the "po" folk that cannot rub two nickels together.  I have complained about this to my daughter who asks me if I have $800 or more to throw away.

The arguement ends there and then.

So, whenever my Samsung Galaxy Three starts making those loud beeps, it is calling for litttle old me to find the plug and go recharge my battery (I think I have only one battery)

Cheers
Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
Rita I was not offended ... your banter blends fairly well with my own... I was only commenting to the fact that Bob mentioned several people had said something about it. I don't come in here every day, only when something catches my fancy when I read the emails and that caught my fancy. Can't understand why people would make a fuss over an avatar when there is so much worse stuff to make a fuss over... Now, if they must fuss over a color... I can get be behind a push to ban orange (breathe artist self) but only because of the damage done to it's reputation by the buffoon sporting it. I have noticed though that towards the end of the campaign and since he's been trespassing in the whitehouse, he has toned the orange down a lot.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks dfcloud. And I agree about the orange Avatar...and that other things are more important....folks I will consider a change of Avatar in the future but for now it will be "rita ruby red"...and let's continue to celebrate Conor Lamb's win.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Glad you recharged your battery, Bob, We love to hear from you here.😃
Quote 0 0
Bobcarper99
Good morning all you kind folk !!!  Here is how I ultimately will solve the very minor problem with my Samsung Galaxy 3.  I plan to move on up to a later model hand held that has Smartphone capability.  That way I will not have to run to recharge the batteries all the time.  I am assuming this planned upgrade will have more than one battery.  I just do not know what to select.  There are so many choices out there for a smartphone and the prices range from being modest to astronomical.  Bottom line:   I am not ready to run to the store just yet.  I also do not have that much money in the cash register.

There...I have said my piece.  Maybe my daughter Pam could help me ...

Cheers
Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 0 0
droberts

NOTICE HOW THIS IS ALL IN BLUE!!!!  ENJOY!!!

It seems another Queen song might be apropos towards Trump and that is:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Queen+We+Will+Rock+You+1979&&view=detail&mid=753D5D27045AA096EC3F753D5D27045AA096EC3F&&FORM=VRDGAR

We Will Rock You         

Buddy you're a boy make a big noise
Playin' in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo' face
You big disgrace
Kickin' your can all over the place
Singin'

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you're a young man hard man
Shouting in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo' face
You big disgrace
Wavin' your banner all over the place

We will we will rock you
Sing it
We will we will rock you

Buddy you're an old man poor man
Pleadin' with your eyes gonna make
You some peace some day
You got mud on your face
Big disgrace
Somebody betta put you back into your place       ****especially this****

We will we will rock you
Sing it
We will we will rock you
Everybody
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you
Alright

Songwriters: Brian May
© Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
For non-commercial use only.
Data from: LyricFind

LOTS OF NICE MUSICAL GOODIES ON THE NET!!!!

"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
dfcloud

Never thought to change text color... thank you!!!! 

Wow!!! All the years I've been listening to AND SINGING this song and the words never really registered until now. You are soooooo very correct... Brian May most certainly could have written it just for cadet bone spurs.

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
hi droberts, wow I have always loved that song and it is so appropriate. The blue text is cool also. dfcloud, I had the same experience when I saw these lyrics-the words are SO meaningful and appropriate to the Crapper In Charge.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Bob, yes I would ask your daughter about that phone situation if I were you. Many people are technologically oriented. I am not. I don't even have one of those phones..I share with my husband who has one from his work if I want to text, otherwise I'm still on a land line.
Quote 0 0