Ritaruby
Say what you want about Biden, he's too old, he's been "overly affectionate" (people are comparing him now to Kavanaugh-there is NO comparison) I truly think he may be our ONLY chance to beat Trump in 2020 and Trump knows this too. I hope he decides to run. Many have come out in support of him. Alyssa Milano-orchestrator of the #MeToo movement and many other women defended him. Nancy Pelosi gave him some good advice as he is known for being affectionate and "touchy feely" with both men and women. She said "Pretend you have a cold and I have a cold." You need to be conscious of people's personal space. I think this is being blown out of proportion. While nice to see fresh faces-and he'd no doubt choose a younger running mate-right now we can't "punt" - we have to SCORE AND WIN-and that takes his own blend of relatability AND experience. I love Kamala Harris too but honestly I think she may come across as too intelligent for a lot of people. My opinion. What's yours? Thoughts? Links?
Quote 1 0
dfcloud
I totally agree Ruby. Republicans have discovered that claiming anyone who is an obvious threat to them is guilty of things they actually do, can often work in their favor. Look at Al Franken. They figure if they could accuse him and force him to quit (stupidest thing he ever did by the way), they can do it to anyone. What I don't understand is why their false accusations have more effect than actual criminal acts by their own get glossed over and ignored. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree again dfcloud about Biden and what the Republicans do. You know they will dig up dirt on any Democratic candidate who will run against Trump. They will blow up everything they've done-to make it look 100 times worse and if they can't find anything (I'm thinking maybe Beto O'Rourke here) they will MAKE IT UP AND SPREAD IT ALL OVER. I think the media is giving way too much attention to the Biden situation. I hope it does not stop him from running-so far he says it won't -may make it just a bit more difficult to garner more women's votes but he can do it. I think every time they accuse someone without a fair ethics investigation (re: Al Franken-Roger Stone's "hit job") they should stop and think. I think they should then play the Access Hollywood tape of Trump or list his crimes. The Republicans are getting lots of (mostly dirty) money and I just hope someone can beat Trump and do it in a major way. We also need the House and the Senate. Scary. People need to get a grip. If I counted every time a man touched my shoulder or gave me a side kiss in my life - well, lets say it would add up. That is not harassment. What I believe Kavanaugh did - while beyond normal level drunk-that is beyond harassment....the Republicans are hypocrites...and did you hear Susan Collins took cash money from Kavanaugh's friends to vote for him as the deciding vote? Every many who touches a woman is not an assaulter. Get a grip people and learn the difference. I think - per Nancy Pelosi-he now realizes what era he is in-back to Biden here that is.
Quote 1 0