Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
Ritaruby
Agreed Jason. I don't know what, if anything it will take for the Republicans in Congress to - being polite here - get some kind of guts to stand up to this POTUS. There has to be a reason WHY they are not doing so, and I'm sure it's pretty bad. I am hoping that the Investigative Reporters can eventually-well, hopefully soon-find it out...because the silence is deafening....Agreed about McConnell and Ryan...not protecting Mueller is just plan horrible - but probably before and especially since Trump has been in they've really been doing what he wants.
Quote 0 0
Jason Miciak
Ritaruby wrote:
Agreed Jason. I don't know what, if anything it will take for the Republicans in Congress to - being polite here - get some kind of guts to stand up to this POTUS. There has to be a reason WHY they are not doing so, and I'm sure it's pretty bad. I am hoping that the Investigative Reporters can eventually-well, hopefully soon-find it out...because the silence is deafening....Agreed about McConnell and Ryan...not protecting Mueller is just plan horrible - but probably before and especially since Trump has been in they've really been doing what he wants.

Right.

Theres one reason and one reason only that they won't pass the law. They don't want to lose the option. Period.

They can still foresee a situation where it is best politically to have Trump have the option of firing Mueller.

And, they fear Trump's reprisals. They might well feel that if they tie his hands on the ONE thing they know he cares about - himself, that he'll see that as a loss of "loyalty" and immediately go out and seek shelter with someone like Chuck and Nancy. They don't want that. They know Trump cares nothing about the country, only himself. If they do something that threatens Trump himself, Trump could literally burn everything down around them, all as a means of mitigating the danger to himself.

Historians will have a fking field day with Trump.
Quote 2 0
Ritaruby
Jason, I never really thought about all of this as in depth as you have listed it here. It is hard for me to see grown men with supposed power who control both the house and the senate being afraid of Trump. Perhaps they are more scared of Putin? I have considered that they may be being paid of...and perhaps that is so, but I agree that the "why" probably involves a power struggle...but if they all got together against Trump...they could still have a Republican President in Pence (unless Mueller gets him too) and they control the house and the senate...I can see people being afraid of Trump but than again a lot of them have been through some kind of hell of their own...I think when he runs to Chuck and Nancy it is not sincere (of course, nothing he does is sincere)...just a means to "get back" at his own GOP if they do things he doesn't like. Yes, agree, historians will have a field day with these years in time.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I do agree that Ryan, McConnell and all or most of the current GOP would not care probably if Trump fired Mueller...can't see them ever offering him protection or re-hiring him or someone else independently-unless the Dems take over the House and the Senate...we are on our way now!
Quote 0 0
droberts
Trump's Attorney John Dowd just resigned today!!!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
OMG droberts! - and everyone - I have been away from the news thus far today and have yet to read our newsletter....is this good news or not? I was really hoping that Trump would keep the crummy less skilled Attorneys so that he would have a better chance of losing...heard he's thinking of adding one from Fox News (correct, if that is not what you have please) who's known for his aggression (what  a shocker, right?)....and I'm sure many excellent Attorneys have turned him down...we just haven't heard much about that. Unfortunately we the taxpayers or dirty laundered money may be paying for his entire "legal team" - some managing the Russia probe, some for the women accusers, perhaps others for the businesses....the only POTUS I am aware of who had to retain any - yet so many - Attorneys to clean up his dirt.
Quote 1 0
Ballhawk
Dowd is now departed, leaving only Sekulow and Ty Cobb as lawyers for Trump.  They have tried to recruit new lawyers to defend Trump, but got no takers.  I think Mueller should make a formal and public request for Trump to appear for an interview under oath.  That way we could see the questions asked and Trump's answers.  Trump would be very likely to commit perjury under those conditions.  If Trump refused to sit with Mueller, and Mueller's staff, for an interview that alone would indicate both guilt and fear by the President. 
Quote 1 0
Bobcarper99
Goood Afternoon all you lovely people....
Bob Carper here once again to amuse and confuse everyone.  I managed to shut off the broadcasting before they put on their high noon news bulletins on WETA radio.  The silence is welcome.

I was successful on going to Google and putting on the detailed instructions how to make a good mug of black coffee (thanks to Mr. Coffee and Folgers and Maxwell House).  Now I can enjoy great coffee morning and night.

Cheers
Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ballhawk wrote:
Dowd is now departed, leaving only Sekulow and Ty Cobb as lawyers for Trump.  They have tried to recruit new lawyers to defend Trump, but got no takers.  I think Mueller should make a formal and public request for Trump to appear for an interview under oath.  That way we could see the questions asked and Trump's answers.  Trump would be very likely to commit perjury under those conditions.  If Trump refused to sit with Mueller, and Mueller's staff, for an interview that alone would indicate both guilt and fear by the President. 

Welcome to the Resistance Connection. Nice to see a new member and remember to feel free  to ask questions of the others here or a moderator.

Delta Flight
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ballhawk wrote:

If Trump refuses Mueller, I believe Mueller can subpoena him to appear in front of the Grand Jury. He'd be under oath there and I think he couldn't have an attorney present either. I have read that Trump could take the 5th, but that would look even worse for him.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
droberts wrote:

If Trump refuses Mueller, I believe Mueller can subpoena him to appear in front of the Grand Jury. He'd be under oath there and I think he couldn't have an attorney present either. I have read that Trump could take the 5th, but that would look even worse for him.

Trump fears Mueller.

He probably has good reason.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
dfcloud

From:    https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/victim-witness/witness-info/grand-jury

The only individuals who may be present while testimony is being given are members of the Grand Jury, attorneys for the government, the testifying witness, an interpreter when needed, and a court reporter to record the testimony.

I don't believe he can claim "for the government" even if he is an illegitimate president, because they're investing the person, not the office.
Subpoena him Mueller!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote 1 0
Ballhawk
I think Mueller has the authority to convene a Grand Jury for the purpose of ascertaining probable cause in connection with any possible violators of federal law.  It is correct that probable cause is in fact found in the overwhelming majority of Grand Jury proceedings.  No defense lawyer may be present.  Once probable cause is established the process moves to a Court where guilt or innocence is established.   Whereas the testimony in Grand Jury may be held from public view I think the proceedings in a regular Court of law would become public because the press would report fully.  If I am wrong on any of this, please correct me. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
agreed droberts, and hello Bob...you go for that coffee making for sure...Ballhawk, to my knowledge you are correct about what you state about the Grand Jury and the case against Trump. If anyone knows anything different, please post.
Quote 0 0