Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Per the news and our newsletter, Roger Stone hooked up with John Kelly and they are trying to find some way to tie Mueller to something having to do with Ukraine a long time ago and the Clintons and/or Democrats to make Mueller steer off track in the investigation-if I have this right-also heard they are secretly trying to defund his investigation and get him out without Trump actually out and out firing him. Prey this does not work!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
If they can derail Mueller and protect Trump they will try it. So sad because I gave a lot of hope in Kelly and he let me and the rest of America down. Opinion? He failed himself as well!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
ursulafaw
Roger Stone is the real architect of this insane plan and it is insane. He has as much chance of getting a special prosecutor appointed in the real world ("real world" being defined as everything outside of InfoWars, Breitbart, et al.) as Trump has of getting a real locomotive and running over CNN (as he did in effigy, in a tweet with a cartoon.) Stone is just talking. John Kelly made an ass out of himself on Laura Ingraham's fox News show, because when asked about it, he went along with it. So now he looks bad.

Steve Bannon is the sanest one who wants to take down Mueller and the defunding issue was his idea. Again, getting a bill through the House could happen, theoretically, I suppose. I wouldn't hold my breath.

They're screwed and they know it, is my sense, and they're flailing. But believe me, I'm watching this particular topic like the proverbial hawk, especially Bannon. He's pretty much the bellwether for what the rest of the loonies will do.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Kelly let all true Americans down!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Delta Flight! And ursulafaw thanks very much for your opinion and that information. I don't watch Fox News so was no privy to the Laura Ingraham interview (but I understand why you watch it)...please keep posting about what you find out and what you observe....as these are points I am not hearing...feeling a bit better since your post. I hope they are all really worried and really feeling screwed over!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed...John Kelly had I believe the utmost respect of most and in a matter of months has lost possibly all or most respect by his "Trumpian" behavior. He was referred to as "one of the adults in the room" and honestly I thought perhaps between himself, McMaster, Mattis, Haley and to an extent Tillerson we could be kept safe from Trumpster hitting the nuke button(s)...but now I am not so sure. I don't respect John Kelly any more after his recent comments on several subjects and taking up for Trump...not sure what happened to him...would not want that position for anything.
Quote 0 0
ursulafaw
You may depend upon me keeping on top of this one, Ritaruby. This is by far the most insane of all of the propositions I have seen come out of Trump's surrogates or right wing media. In second place is Sarah Huckabee Sanders blatantly lying. Spinning is one thing, lying blatantly is quite another. I hope that the old Hollywood adage, "She'll never work in this town again," applies to Washington.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Looks like Stone and Kelly may be getting some help according to the Trumpimpeachment site:

"Three conservative House Republicans are expected to file a resolution Friday calling on special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to recuse himself from his probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, accusing him of conflicts of interest. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who wrote the resolution, accuses Mueller of having a conflict of interest because he was serving as FBI chief when the Obama administration approved a deal allowing a Russian company to purchase a Canada-based mining group with uranium operations in the United States, according to a draft obtained by The Washington Post."

Damn, when is this crap going to stop?
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Please do keep us informed, ursulafaw. My greatest holiday gift would be Trump out of office and behind bars along with his cronies...and how does Sarah Huckabee Sanders sleep at night? Sometimes she is wearing a cross and has occasionally been asked by journalists how she discusses some of these events with her children...she gives the same cold answer and always refers to God above and "fairness" and "unfairness" .....I can no longer watch her Press conferences because I can not stand to see her lying face and also because she says nothing and gives no information....the plan, it seems of this administration...to "keep everyone up in the air" (probably partly because they themselves do not know what they are doing...and why should they tell the American people about piddly things which affect their lives..like health care, the environment or staying alive in Puerto Rico)...
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts-Love that Edmund Burke quote. It will stop when Trump resigns or is impeached, at least enough I believe to possibly keep our country semi sane and safe...with Pence..who at least has impulse control and doesn't want World War III and wants the job of POTUS....that until we can get a real broad minded individual in...and remember the saying " for every move there is a counter move..." and while I have no proof of this my guess is that upon accepting this job Mueller and team began to prepare for Trump's wrath around it at the beginning and knew it would heighten as it got closer to him and they uncovered more money laundering...I read where he may have Manafort's tax returns...and possibly Trump's..
Quote 0 0