Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts
Rest in peace Senator McCain. Didn't agree with you on many things, but you conducted yourself as a true American Hero in many ways. Your strength, integrity, perseverance, love of family and country will definitely be missed and leaves a glaring lack of these much needed qualities in Congress for years to come.

Thank you for your service.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 4 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I only hope this means, the more republicans go, the better chance Democrats have in taking back congress this coming November.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I agree with the droberts post.  McCain was a true American patriot.  He had the fortitude to criticize the craziness and bungling incompetence of Donald Bone Spur Trump.  Such fortitude was, and is, lacking in most of the other members of Congress.  Most of the GOP members in Congress today are gutless cowards, but not John McCain.  He was not a saint (but who is?) but history will treat John McCain very favorably in my opinion.  He was a straight shooter who early recognized the depravity and stupidity of Trump.
Quote 2 0
Ritaruby
 droberts and Ballhawk I agree completely with both of you about John MCCain.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - Your comment here concerns me. Yes, we want Republicans out of office but we do not wish them to die to get out of office. With all, no matter how evil they behave but, as droberts and Ballhawk posted here John McCain - while many of us disagreed with him - was and I believe will always be remembered as a special person. *There is a note at the top of our forum that we don't advocate any kind of violence...and how I read your post was that you wish more Republicans would go...as McCain did. Please correct me if I am wrong here.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Ritaruby wrote:
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now - Your comment here concerns me. Yes, we want Republicans out of office but we do not wish them to die to get out of office. With all, no matter how evil they behave but, as droberts and Ballhawk posted here John McCain - while many of us disagreed with him - was and I believe will always be remembered as a special person. *There is a note at the top of our forum that we don't advocate any kind of violence...and how I read your post was that you wish more Republicans would go...as McCain did. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

I left you a reply in the message you sent me and I corrected what I said and I apologized there and I apologize here. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Apology accepted. I think we all know you didn't mean it the way it was worded, I just wanted to point out how it felt to me when I read it and may feel to others. We are good. It takes a strong person to apologize and we are all united in our mission here...sometimes we all slip up, so thanks.
Quote 1 0
Janet
i think it is wonderful that John McCain did not want Trump to attend his funeral, especially when other past presidents and foreign leaders will be there.  Trump must be fuming!  When Trump said that he didn't consider McCain a war hero because he was captured, I was, as were many others, mortified that he had said such a thing.  John McCain was a true American patriot and hero!
Quote 1 0
Ballhawk
Imaging you an incoming member of the US Naval Academy Class of 2022.  An academy graduate and former navy pilot and US Senator has just passed away, and the nation is in mourning.  You are fully aware that John McCain's father and grandfather, both academy graduates, had achieved Admiral rank and were decorated heroes of past wars.  Now you read that the President of the United States, your Commander-in-chief, has refused to pay tribute to John McCain, refused to issue the words of tribute suggested by the White House staff.  You read that the current President of the US has refused to pay tribute to a man who served honorably in the US Senate for 31 years, most recently as Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, a man who was highly esteemed by members of both political parties. You know that the McCains are one of the most storied and honored families in the history of the Academy and in the history of the US Navy. You know that Senator McCain was imprisoned and tortured in Hanoi for 5 years, and that he refused early release until all of his fellow captives had first been released at the end of the Vietnam conflict.  Now how will you reconcile in your own mind that this President, Donald Trump, so lacking in basic civility and respect for a deceased Naval officer, is your Commander-in-chief?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I meant to say "imagine."
Quote 0 0
Janet
I can’t ever imagine calling that man the President of the United States.  I never will.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Ritaruby wrote:
Apology accepted. I think we all know you didn't mean it the way it was worded, I just wanted to point out how it felt to me when I read it and may feel to others. We are good. It takes a strong person to apologize and we are all united in our mission here...sometimes we all slip up, so thanks.
Ballhawk wrote:
Imaging you an incoming member of the US Naval Academy Class of 2022.  An academy graduate and former navy pilot and US Senator has just passed away, and the nation is in mourning.  You are fully aware that John McCain's father and grandfather, both academy graduates, had achieved Admiral rank and were decorated heroes of past wars.  Now you read that the President of the United States, your Commander-in-chief, has refused to pay tribute to John McCain, refused to issue the words of tribute suggested by the White House staff.  You read that the current President of the US has refused to pay tribute to a man who served honorably in the US Senate for 31 years, most recently as Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, a man who was highly esteemed by members of both political parties. You know that the McCains are one of the most storied and honored families in the history of the Academy and in the history of the US Navy. You know that Senator McCain was imprisoned and tortured in Hanoi for 5 years, and that he refused early release until all of his fellow captives had first been released at the end of the Vietnam conflict.  Now how will you reconcile in your own mind that this President, Donald Trump, so lacking in basic civility and respect for a deceased Naval officer, is your Commander-in-chief?

Your welcome
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Janet and Ballhawk, I still don't think of Trump as President...just someone hopefully temporarily occupying an office which was stolen for him along with Putin. I was not at all shoced to hear that he just sent out a simple tweet then went on tweeting about the "witch hunt" and the FBI...nor that the White House did not keep the flag at half mast (mast?) for very long at all. McCain requested that Trump not attend his funeral and that Obama and Bush give his eulogy-each one. As to anyone else out there who is a Trump supporter and saw this if even one got horrified and disgusted enough to consider changing their vote to Democrats in November, than that is a good thing. But I have really no expectations of any good from anyone supporting Trump and for sure Trump himself, his administration and crime boss friends. Melania sent a tweet and while not extensive, it came directly from her and was better than Trump's. I understand she recognized McCain as a hero...I assume here Janet that you mean Trump and not McCain. I did not vote for McCain but grew to have respect for him since...not always agreeing but respect for his character. If he would have won and died we would have Sarah Palin...and seriously, I think even she would be better than Trump...not that I like her, just saying.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk your computer must make the same mistakes mine does! LOL😂
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Janet. Trump will never be half the man McCain was. And that also kept his funeral diverse-one Democratic past President and one Republican past President...and guaranteed no potential for racist protests...once Trump can not make an event all about HIM!
Quote 0 0