Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts
Didn't know Michael Avenatti did this, just happen to run across it on YouTube. He may be starting a campaign early and/or trying to irritate Trump a little more. Both are fine by me. He held a protest outside the White House on July 17. Had quite a lot of people there.  Enjoy!

"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Thanks for posting Avenatti video.  Did anyone see anything about this in the press?  That rally was Tuesday July 17, so it should have been mentioned by newspapers the next day.  I get Washington Post online every morning, and if they wrote about this rally I missed it. 
I am glad this guy stood in front of the White House, with these demonstrators, and said the things he said.  
An article today said an ABC-Washington Post survey of Americans found that 50% did not approve of the way Trump behaved in the summit and summit press conference with Putin, while 33% of Americans gave a favorable rating.  Who are those people in the 33%?
Quote 0 0
otmichele
I also want to know who these 33% of Americans are!!  I don't get the 17% who can't make up their mind either!!!  I really did not know we had such uneducated Americans in our country who refuse to see the truth.  What the heck is wrong with them.  Love the Avenatti video, thanks.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I agree with otmichele that many in the 33% are "uneducated."  I have seen them interviewed on TV and also see them in daily social contacts.  They, while entitled to their own opinions, are generally not well informed people.  Some of them are just plain dumb!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks droberts for this video! I love watching Avenetti - he has become one of my new heros. and otmichele and Ballhawk I also am clueless as to why we have so many uneducated Americans...but in my opinion it does not even take a high school graduation to see that Trump is trying to destroy the USA in ways that prior Presidents have not.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I assume you both meant educated in politics rather than life...but to me right now it is the same thing.
Quote 0 0
droberts
I don't consider myself educated in politics at all, but I know right from wrong and the darkness this POS POTUS is casting on our country, our people and the world. His downfall is starting somewhat slowly but when it gets momentum going, just like an avalanche, no one will be able to stop it. Trump might as well bend over and kiss his ass good-bye! I think he already knows it, that's why he's getting almost hysterical.
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed droberts, Trump is going down!
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ballhawk wrote:
I agree with otmichele that many in the 33% are "uneducated."  I have seen them interviewed on TV and also see them in daily social contacts.  They, while entitled to their own opinions, are generally not well informed people.  Some of them are just plain dumb!

The ones that I saw in interviews are slow witted, probably low IQ, and seem to easily believe in conspiracy theories without proof of facts (gullible).  Fitting though, since Trump is like a conspiracy theory, all theory (or lies) and no facts.

Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Trump's Press Secretary Sarah Sanders also lies.  Her comments to the Washington Press Corps are cover-ups for the outrageous acts and statements of Donald Trump, especially recently.  She is a taxpayer-paid distorter of truth.  Conspiracy theories with no evidence are the common tool of the right-of-center in the US today.  Many of them are slow-witted people who think that just asserting a conspiracy theory makes it the truth.  Today's New York Times has a good account of these non-truths by Trump and the process by which foolish people still believe what he says. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Ballhawk. And I will have to check out the New York times.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed again Ballhawk about your comment to otmichele...let's remember, people followed Manson and Hitler and other cult leaders too....I believe they are easily brainwashed in addition to being dumb-so the conspiracy theory rhetoric rings true to them because they want to believe it and bow down to Trump cause he is President. I agree, they don't look very "with it" in interviews.
Quote 0 0
usernameeme1
yes - the only things that nameless person in the white house (dt) is spewing forth
are hate bigotry arrogance separation and division-
Quote 0 0