Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
otmichele
Google has made the most interesting sentences for me and sometimes a little embarrassing.  I totally understand.....😂  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks otmichele.😃
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Understood droberts, thanks for the clarification.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, I was watching Lawrence O'Donnell last night and must have fallen asleep before this revelation...of course they will attack the judge in the Cohen case...but she has a long history and I doubt she will be deterred by them.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Hannity being a client of Cohen is related to journalism ethics, the issue that Hannity made on-air comments criticizing the raid on Cohen without concurrently revealing to FOX NEWS viewers that he was a client of Cohen.  But while the press is feasting on the Hannity-Cohen connection I think we should realize it is not a major factor in the investigations of Cohen by New York State or a major factor in the Mueller investigation.  The evidence obtained from Cohen may be very important in general both to the New York prosecutors and to Mueller, but I can see no way the Hannity element has much to do with the larger and more important issues.  Far more significant is the question of whether Cohen made a trip to Prague to meet with Russians prior to the election to discuss their assistance to Trump's campaign, i.e. collusion with Russians to influence the election, and what was the intent and outcome of that meeting if it did occur. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you on this one again Ballhawk, however we really don't know what all evidence the Southern district of New York has seized in the raid-meaning we know the "what" but not the specifics and who it does or does not name. And honestly I personally can see Hannity recommending that Cohen send someone to threaten Stormy Daniels as well. On the surface anyway the Hannity connection seems just laughable and disgusting but make no mistake they are all knee deep (as I am sure you know) in everything dirty. There must be a lot there since Trump is so upset about it they say more even than Mueller's investigation and this judge denied Trump access to it...is considering having a third party review it to see if any of it may be Attorney client privilege and I guess then Cohen could see that...in my opinion Cohen nor Trump should see anything but the judge does not want to appear biased it seems...so it may or may not be a big deal. The Stormy Daniels story could also be something that brings Trump down as it is implied he paid off or ordered Cohen to pay off multiple persons with hush money...but I do agree for the most part. Time will tell and hopefully soon.
Quote 1 0
droberts
I agree that Cohen and possible Russian connection being far more important. I think everyone was just totally caught off guard with Hannity supposedly being Cohen's third and last client. Talk about from "Outa left field!"

I'd like too mention too that we don't get too caught up with some of the articles/stories coming out about Robert Mueller's investigation. He had a spokesperson come out and mention that many of these stories have been inaccurate about the investigation. Check to see if you get the same information from more than one (reputable) source.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/robert-mueller-warns-many-stories-on-trump-investigation-not-true-2018-4
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I agree, droberts and again thanks for this link...I have to put it out there...was it really Mueller's link or Russian bots saying this against journalists? You know my mind always goes to Russia when it comes to Trump or pretty much any disaster. But your point is well taken.  As much as I believe we all value our journalists - especially the investigative ones - perhaps now more than ever it is also the media's actual job to "jump and pounce" on most tidbits which come across...especially in this environment....the truth as I know you and everyone else here knows is that we truly know nothing of what Mueller has now, has had, is going to have or is doing. I do believe, as I believe it was Barbara McQuaid said on MSNBC that Mueller is smart enough to have been preparing from his day one on the job for the possibility that Trump may fire Rod Rosenstein and/or Sessions and try to get himself-Mueller fired. On the MSNBC piece of him and how he operates he seems pretty brilliant and it also did not escape my attention that it was mentioned he "follows the facts wherever they may lead"...but when he knows he has a "bad guy" on his hands he "goes all in." I believe that...and it gives me hope..as does the Cohen raid.
Quote 1 0