Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts Show full post »
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
droberts I would assume you are right that they are swamped with impeachment emails and letters....and may be as high as Delta's snow photo! By the way the responses I and my husband have received back have been very generic and "politician like"...so not very personal and in my opinion did not address these concerns at all...I deleted them otherwise if I knew how to post from emails I would...not sure that's helpful to you, but I think I live in a smaller state than you do - which went to Trump in the election...though as I've mentioned we made television news with 22,000 people at our Womens March-and all peaceful. R
Hey Rita, Don't know that North Carolina is bigger, but we do have the Republican Senators Burr(Senate Russia Investigation) and Tillis(junior senator, but seems to speak up). My husband had sent an email to Burr on Taxes and got BS back in a letter. But I say, who says you can only send it once??? I will keep sending until action gets taken and/or they give me more than BS answers.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi droberts, sorry I somehow thought you lived in California! You are right...at least Burr does speak up from time to time...and I believe most or all of the letters/responses we get from sitting Republicans are going to be BS but as you and Ellen have mentioned...no harm in continuing to "hammer" them with more letters and calls...they deserve the resistance! We only have one good Senator here in Missouri, the Democrat Claire McCaskill but unfortunately she is up for re-election and I don't think she won by much last time..
Quote 0 0
otmichele
Times have changed dramatically since Claire McCaskill was voted in.  She should actually have a better chance of winning because the tides they be turning!!!!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, otmichele, you make a great point...it was looking not so great for her until the "several Republican tides" did in fact turn recently...she is pretty popular here for being the only Democrat in this too red state. Thanks for reminding me!
Quote 0 0
droberts
droberts wrote:

Decided to give emails a chance first with the Senators
Below,  email went to Senator Richard Burr
            "                 " Senator Thom Tillis

Dear Senator Burr,

I believe the time has come for Congress to do their Constitutional duty and start impeachment proceedings against President Trump immediately.

The President has broken his oath to preserve,  defend and protect our Constitution. He has committed abuses of power that have met Constitutional standards for Impeachment.

• Advocating illegal violence in defiance of the law
  • Undermining equal protection of the law
  • Abusing the pardon power
  • Directing law enforcement to pursue political targets
  • Undermining freedom of the press
  • Recklessly threatening nuclear war

He shows no respect for and defies the Rule of Law and defies our Constitution that he swore an oath to,  as did you and all others in Congress.

I believe he is unfit to hold the Office of the President of the United States based on his conduct, lack of ethics, statements, divisiveness, threats, and growing instability. These concerns have also been expressed by thousands, if not millions, of  fellow American citizens including members of the:

• Congress
  • Cabinet
  • Judicial System
  • National Security
  • Military
  • Mental health professions
  • Free press

I do believe impeachment proceedings do not need to wait until Mr. Mueller's investigation concludes or that of any investigations Congress may be conducting.  Compelling evidence is at hand of the offenses committed.  I demand Congress to put Country over party and start proceedings immediately.

I request, as a citizen, a registered voter and a military veteran that you respond to my letter with information concerning impeachment and if you are inclined to refuse my demand of impeachment, I request that you detail the reasoning in a response. Thank you.

Regards,

Donna Roberts

I'll post any reply if I receive one

Received the following replies from my Senators, Richard Burr and Thom Tillis. Haven't received any from my Rep. David Price or Nancy Pelosi yet(although she and the DCCC send email after email asking for donations). 

burr response_0001.jpg 

tillis response.jpg 

What do you think?  I will be sending them letters in response to theirs.

I do say Burr at least clarified, for me anyway, that it IS up to the House of Reps. to initiate impeachment. So I am really interested in the reply from my Rep. David Price, who is a democrat, if I get one. Don't receive one by end of this year, I will send again.

Guess we need to bombard our House Reps. with letters and questions!!! and VOTE FOR NO REPUBLICANS IN 2018!!! or ever from the looks of it.
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 2 0
Delta Flight
Very nice job Donna!  I support you fully. You get my thumbs up vote.[smile]

Delta Flight
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thumbs up from me too Donna. I agree, these letters are pretty great. I do not know how to copy and paste the ones I received back in email form but they were kind of bland and useless...the Democrat Claire MccCaskill's was a bit better but even she focused on other things like how bad the Republicans are and what they are doing-which of course is true-but nothing like what you received. I wish we had a Doug Jones here...but I will keep trying as I think we all should.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Your letter was great...and I think you will hear back from the Democrat, Donna...per person look what he or she have to put up with...we should all continue our efforts until resignation or impeachment is finalized! Thanks for sharing an excellent letter and your responses. Very motivating for us all to keep trying...and glad you got respect and information back.
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
droberts wrote:

Guess we need to bombard our House Reps. with letters and questions!!! and VOTE FOR NO REPUBLICANS IN 2018!!! or ever from the looks of it.

Donna,
Do you mind if we copy your letter and use it for our representatives??
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Welcome dfcloud. I second that request. Donna's letter is great and we SHOULD all vote for NO Republicans in 2018!
Quote 0 0
droberts
dfcloud wrote:

Donna,
Do you mind if we copy your letter and use it for our representatives??

I don't mind at all, please go ahead.

Quote 0 0
droberts
Just an update. As of today I have not received any replies from my Democratic Rep. nor from Pelosi. I will try to update my letters to them and my Republican Senators this weekend and send again. Keep you posted.

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks droberts. It is great you are continuing to pursue! We need all the work done that can be done...and again I would post my replies but they are so bland, generic and "babble like" and one of my Senators replies like 3 months after contact...you have gotten better responses...but I am always on he phone and signing petitions regularly.
Quote 0 0