Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Per multiple news accounts it looks like Michael Cohen will be flipping soon! Let's hope it leads all the way to the White House and to "Agent Evil Orange!"
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Per multiple news accounts it looks like Michael Cohen will be flipping soon! Let's hope it leads all the way to the White House and to "Agent Evil Orange!"

Trumps day went from bad to a disaster in one morning.

Cohen will spill all and Manafort  in jail!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
That's true and that's great Delta Flight! Few things would make me happier now than to see Trump, his family and his administration squirm like worms on a fishing rod...and get hooked!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
What bugs me is that so much of the case against Trump moves in slow motion.   Trump has been screwing around improperly for a long time with that Foundation and we are only now reading of a law enforcement response to it.  The Mueller investigation needs to start showing more results, granting they have gotten about 22 indictments and several major Trump figures hooked and several flips, but it is still taking a long time.  On money laundering, for example, if Trump got laundered money from the Russians after his credit with American banks vanished why is that taking so long to uncover?  Maybe we will start seeing more results this Summer.  It is now about 5 months until mid-term elections, so if Mueller's findings are to have significant impact upon the elections they will need to become public within that 5-month period.  Of course we know that Mueller will proceed professionally without regard to politics, but politics may have a major bearing on the post-election acts of Congress in relation to the investigation. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I feel the same way about all of this, Ballhawk. I would suggest that you be patient but I, myself am not. Politics has EVERTYHING to do with all of this in my opinion, evidence the election and Comey's announcement of Hillary's emails and then "take back" just days before the election but choosing to keep silent about Trump being investigated by the FBI for ties to Russia! Party politics but now beyond any ever seen before in either party. Elizabeth Warren was on Rachel Maddow last night and Rachel asked her "what if the Democrats do not take back the House and/or the Senate?" And she told Rachel she was "frightened of what would become of us." I don't mean to push any fear here, but so am I. As you all on this forum have heard all too often, I have told my husband (assuming we still have health care which covers pre-existing conditions which we can afford by then!) that if Trump is not out and/or the Dems do not retake control of the House and the Senate I want to discuss moving to another country. I am not sure I would be able to take it here after that.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritaruby I have had some of those same thoughts as yours. If Trump is never held accountable for all he has done, and if he gets re-elected in 2020, I would have a very hard time calling myself a loyal American.  My idealistic thoughts about the USA and our wonderful culture and our Constitution will have been destroyed.  Any country that would elect somebody like Trump for two consecutive terms as President is not the country for me.  I think many fine American citizens would feel the same way.  Hopefully we will see justice prevail in the coming months.  
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
If Trump is never found guilty of anything, survives in offices, and gets re-elected, I predict Costa Rica will see a surge of Americans moving to that place, never to return to a nation that would tolerate a criminal as head of state. 
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I think Elizabeth Warren is fantastic. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Again, I agree with you Ballhawk. I also think Elizabeth Warren is fantastic. I wish she would run for President or Vice-President though I fear there are not enough people intelligent and gutsy enough to appreciate her brand of "all for the people" politics - I guess similar to Bernie Sanders but I still like her better.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Yes, Ballhawk many Americans may move to Costa Rica -  I would aim first for Canada and next for The Netherlands, but at this point that is wishful thinking!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Again we agree, Ballhawk-about America not being for us if Trump stays in office. My husband has promised me we will move if that happens...my only concern is that everyone will want out at the same time...but oh well. Perhaps we will soon be rewarded...Trump can't escape the state charges, even if he fires Mueller or nobody acts on Mueller's report.
Quote 0 0