Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Did anyone else get a mailer that said people are needed to work the polls for the 2018/2020 elections-but it said REPUBLICAN people needed - offered large pay-not sure per day or hour - of $125-$135. I was sure it was a scam-never got one of these before...in thinking about it I should've saved it and sent it to http://www.sendittorachel-to Rachel Maddow...Am wondering if this only went out in states Trump won?! Sent from Russia...lol...not.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
Did anyone else get a mailer that said people are needed to work the polls for the 2018/2020 elections-but it said REPUBLICAN people needed - offered large pay-not sure per day or hour - of $125-$135. I was sure it was a scam-never got one of these before...in thinking about it I should've saved it and sent it to http://www.sendittorachel-to Rachel Maddow...Am wondering if this only went out in states Trump won?! Sent from Russia...lol...not.

Couldn't hurt to send it to her. Shed find out if it was a scam or not
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Is it not normal for political parties to hire their supporters to aid them in an election.?

Drivers, Scrutineers etc to help their party.??

Delta Flight
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Delta Flight, yes, it is normal practice for political parties to hire people to work at the polls...but my understanding was that either person of either party could do so...I just never received one saying REPULICANS needed....but to your point perhaps this is the part where they hand a flyers before you walk in to vote...I guess a Democrat wouldn't be handing out flyers for a REPUG!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, thanks for your reply...unfortunately I tore up the mailer I got which asks for Republicans to work at the polls or I would try and send it to Rachel...everyone..that email is: http://www.sendittorachel.com I believe....goes to Rachel Maddow with any info. you may have...for investigative reporting on MSNBC....but she must get thousands of replies per day now so be patient..our Editor communicated with her and as far as I know has not heard back...hers is one of the highest rated news shows so I am not surprised.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Hi Delta Flight, yes, it is normal practice for political parties to hire people to work at the polls...but my understanding was that either person of either party could do so...I just never received one saying REPULICANS needed....but to your point perhaps this is the part where they hand a flyers before you walk in to vote...I guess a Democrat wouldn't be handing out flyers for a REPUG!

I also feel that political posters are not permitted at a polling station. Nor would a republican want a democrat to work for them. Hence the republican request!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
OK  Delta Flight but where I live political flyers and posters are all over the place at EVERY election since I can remember and we used to take them and trash them...now we just refuse them all...minds are always already made up but I get your point....here they are permitted for sure.
Quote 0 0
Twayne
And same here in Democratic upstate NY. Although they're illegal it's still done.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Twayne-responding to your RESPECTFUL POST - I did not realize that those mailers are illegal in upstate New York or anywhere else. There. You have enlightened me without insulting me. See how easy that was? Apologies gladly accepted...mean comments-NOT!
Quote 0 0