DrAhimsa
In response to the article identifying D.C. code ANN S 21-541(a) allowing for mandatory treatment for up to a year for patients deemed a threat to self and others. As a former physician specialist with the San Francisco Department of Public Health I want to challenge the interpretation that only a spouse or family member can legally initiate this action. While I concur that Washington, D.C. law is not California law - as a Stanford fellowship trained board certified emergency physician I believe that any person with diminished judgment shown to be not competent or cognitively impaired on clinical assessment who engages in actions that pose a threat to self and others can be committed! I have personally placed patients under involuntary hold and have seen it done by police, fire and public safety officers in acute, life threatening or dangerous situations.
Ahimsa Porter Sumchai MD
Quote 2 0
Delta Flight
DrAhimsa wrote: In response to the article identifying D.C. code ANN S 21-541(a) allowing for mandatory treatment for up to a year for patients deemed a threat to self and others. As a former physician specialist with the San Francisco Department of Public Health I want to challenge the interpretation that only a spouse or family member can legally initiate this action. While I concur that Washington, D.C. law is not California law - as a Stanford fellowship trained board certified emergency physician I believe that any person with diminished judgment shown to be not competent or cognitively impaired on clinical assessment who engages in actions that pose a threat to self and others can be committed! I have personally placed patients under involuntary hold and have seen it done by police, fire and public safety officers in acute, life threatening or dangerous situations.

So does that mean that Trump could get locked up for a year?  Please say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to this thread.

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
DrAhimsa
I believe that in the setting of a clinically documented lapse in cognitive function that amounts to diminished capacity in which he threatens himself or others he can be placed on involuntary hold anywhere in the United States! I invite anyone with medicolegal expertise to challenge me on this.
Ahimsa Porter Sumchai MD
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
DrAhimsa wrote: I believe that in the setting of a clinically documented lapse in cognitive function that amounts to diminished capacity in which he threatens himself or others he can be placed on involuntary hold anywhere in the United States! I invite anyone with medicolegal expertise to challenge me on this.

LOL  So your answer to my question is a clinical affirmative?
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
DrAhimsa
Yes! His diminished capacity is public. There is video footage of him in a trance state walking out of his televised head of state meeting with Netanyahu and recent photo images of him in a state of major depression and disarray taken in the White House.
Ahimsa Porter Sumchai MD
Quote 0 0
Jesse Mark Freed
Many years ago I was forcibly placed in a psychiatric unit for observation and was misdiagnosed as psychotic because I was taking a legal weight loss drug that the doctor insisted caused my misdiagnosis. It took a hear my mutiny on the part of the unit's support staff against this tyrant's opinion  in order to secure my freedom.So much for the physician's oath to First do no harm.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
I thank you for the diagnosis. Send me a bill ok?

Regards  DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
download (3).jpg  download (5).jpg 

Why do we love Trump?
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
DrAhimsa
I am sorry involuntary commitment was used abusively against you. It's intent is to protect a potentially dangerous out of control patient from hurting self or others...including nurses and other health professionals who have been proven to be at high risk of physical injury restraining out of control people under the influence on dangerous substances or metabolic/psychiatric diseases.
Ahimsa Porter Sumchai MD
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Jesse Mark Freed wrote: Many years ago I was forcibly placed in a psychiatric unit for observation and was misdiagnosed as psychotic because I was taking a legal weight loss drug that the doctor insisted caused my misdiagnosis. It took a hear my mutiny on the part of the unit's support staff against this tyrant's opinion  in order to secure my freedom.So much for the physician's oath to First do no harm.

Yours is a sad story that is too often told, One MD should not be able to decide alone the fate of a person. IMO
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
DrAhima:  Aren't voluntary/involuntary laws determined by each state? Is danger to self or other constitute the only basis for involuntary?  
One for J.B Sessions: "His ears make him look like a taxi cab with both doors open." Howard Hughes
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
DrAhimsa wrote: I believe that in the setting of a clinically documented lapse in cognitive function that amounts to diminished capacity in which he threatens himself or others he can be placed on involuntary hold anywhere in the United States! I invite anyone with medicolegal expertise to challenge me on this.

I see by your profile that you lead an anti-Trump group!

You fit in well here!

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Bobcarper99
Hello Everybody (and once again !!!)

The latest posts I am receiving unfortunately do not have very much to do with me.  I saw the posts from DeltaFlight and DrAhimsa.  Your post keeps me on the go.  Many thanks DF for staying up to me.  The post from Dr. Ahimsa are irrelevant and although I read them, I have nothing to do withtheir content.  My profiles to doctors only involve visits to my urologist (Dr. Michael Isaacson ).  I spend six minutes in his office and then it is "see you in six more weeks"  

I am in great physical shape and except gor recurring GERD, I do not need any doctor assistance.

I can't beat those odds.  I continue to feel very happy with myself.

As for the Trump Impeachment, I stand by and wait.  Eventually we will get rid of the bastard.  When?  I do not know

Yours very truly
Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 0 0
DrAhimsa
This is not a public forum for documenting your private health information Bob Carper! I urge you to be careful on a non HIPPA compliant site revealing your PHI. I am also concerned that people used these forums for narcissistic exploitation and promotion of their private health issues. My intent as a physician, author and organizer of an on line anti Trump community is to expose Mr. Trump's vulnerabilities so we can remove him from office as soon as possible. I am not here to address your private health issues and again, encourage you not to document them on a non confidential web site.
Ahimsa Porter Sumchai MD
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Bobcarper99 wrote: Hello Everybody (and once again !!!)

The latest posts I am receiving unfortunately do not have very much to do with me.  I saw the posts from DeltaFlight and DrAhimsa.  Your post keeps me on the go.  Many thanks DF for staying up to me.  The post from Dr. Ahimsa are irrelevant and although I read them, I have nothing to do withtheir content.  My profiles to doctors only involve visits to my urologist (Dr. Michael Isaacson ).  I spend six minutes in his office and then it is "see you in six more weeks"  

I am in great physical shape and except gor recurring GERD, I do not need any doctor assistance.

I can't beat those odds.  I continue to feel very happy with myself.

As for the Trump Impeachment, I stand by and wait.  Eventually we will get rid of the bastard.  When?  I do not know

Yours very truly
Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com



You are hard to keep up with but I do try. Stay well and keep posting here! DRs orders!
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.