Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
OK say Trump makes it through his first term...and Avenetti runs on the Democratic ticket and makes it to the top, would you vote for him? Would you vote for him over other Democrats? I would...of course unless we got some odd kind of Democratic Dictator-and perhaps even then-I'd vote in ANYONE against Trump. Do you think Avenetti could beat Trump? Who would you like to see run if Trump fulfills his term-or even if he doesn't? My favorites are Joe Biden, Eric Holder, Cory Booker and Kamala Harris...but none of them have officially announced I don't believe. I would also like to see the younger Kennedy Senator run. How about you?
Quote 1 0
droberts
Senator Mark Warner (Senate Intelligence Committee), Rep. Adam Schiff, Eric Holder good too. Avenatti, like he said if no one (with a backbone) that could win, yes I'd vote for him.

I'd also like to see who Tom Steyer may endorse.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
sparkle
Happy 4th of July everyone! If Michael Avenetti runs for president, he has my vote, absolutely
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I like your choices of Warner and Schiff and Holder too, droberts...and would be interesting to see who Tom Steyer would endorse, I agree. And while Avenetti wold not be my first choice I agree-we need someone tough and with a backbone so if nobody else with that runs, I'd vote for him also.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Sparkle, nice to see your post here again. Happy 4th - Let's all try to forget "where we are" this 4th with what's in the white house and enjoy. Agreed about Avenetti. I am very impressed by him.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Well, there's just about a majority of me telling me that trumpturd is gonna be re-elected and we're all are gonna be screwed completely especially if Mueller keeps waiting and waiting to get all the evidence he needs to indict trump which I believe indicting some of trumps accomplices is sufficient evidence that trump and russia was behind the rigged elections. I don't know why we have to keep waiting, it's going to be too late, I can feel it but all I can do is keep praying that trumpturd doesn't get away with it again. 
As for elections I would re-vote for Hillary Clinton if she'll be running again otherwise I would vote for Bernie Sanders. It's exciting to know that Michelle Obama and Joe Biden are also running President but I seriously doubt they'll win tbh not if this monster in our White House could stop them with help from his russian monster friends.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now, I am not thinking that Trump will be re-elected. Not sure about the midterms, always want to remain hopeful-and not sure how I'll stand another two years with Trump in let alone another 4-but, even with the dirty money and hacking, I think we could pull of a solid Presidential election. I too would re-vote for Hillary Clinton but I seriously doubt she would run and especially if it is against Trump with all of the negative publicity she got-even with the millions of the popular vote-I'm not sure it would be wise. I had not heard that Michelle Obama would consider a Presidential run-I have heard about Biden and have always liked him. I believe if he runs-against Trump or even Pence or someone else (prayers here!) especially if he then picks a minority running mate for Vice President I think he would win. I like Bernie Sanders too - and I know he got a lot of votes, but can't see him winning. Karma is still alive and well as well as an intelligent re-energized Democratic and "swing vote" base...and once Trump's tariff mistakes starting "hitting home" for many in the form of additional taxes and/or lost jobs-watch the swift turnaround. I remain concerned but still hopeful. 
Quote 1 0
droberts
droberts wrote:
Senator Mark Warner (Senate Intelligence Committee), Rep. Adam Schiff, Eric Holder good too. Avenatti, like he said if no one (with a backbone) that could win, yes I'd vote for him.

I'd also like to see who Tom Steyer may endorse.

Add to the list, Senator Tim Kaine (Hillary's old running mate).
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Oh droberts yes, I forgot about Tim Kaine. I really like him too. He is up for re-election soon and a Nazi like Republican woman who Trump endorsed is running against him. Let us join together and hope!
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Ritaruby wrote:
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now, I am not thinking that Trump will be re-elected. Not sure about the midterms, always want to remain hopeful-and not sure how I'll stand another two years with Trump in let alone another 4-but, even with the dirty money and hacking, I think we could pull of a solid Presidential election. I too would re-vote for Hillary Clinton but I seriously doubt she would run and especially if it is against Trump with all of the negative publicity she got-even with the millions of the popular vote-I'm not sure it would be wise. I had not heard that Michelle Obama would consider a Presidential run-I have heard about Biden and have always liked him. I believe if he runs-against Trump or even Pence or someone else (prayers here!) especially if he then picks a minority running mate for Vice President I think he would win. I like Bernie Sanders too - and I know he got a lot of votes, but can't see him winning. Karma is still alive and well as well as an intelligent re-energized Democratic and "swing vote" base...and once Trump's tariff mistakes starting "hitting home" for many in the form of additional taxes and/or lost jobs-watch the swift turnaround. I remain concerned but still hopeful. 

The reason why I mentioned Michelle Obama is because I received a survey questions in my email asking me who I want as President and it had alot of choices of Democrats and I saw Michelle Obama in it ☺
Quote 0 0
droberts
Well Virginia pulled it out for us before surprising many, he'll probably do well.

Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I do not think Avenetti has a ghost of a chance to get the Democratic Party nomination for President.  I would like to see the Democrats nominate Joe Biden.  I think great running mates for Joe, as VP on the ticket, would be Elizabeth Warren or Cory Booker.  Senator Jeff Merkely from Oregon should also be considered. 
I would like to see them make former President Obama one of the featured Convention speakers in Summer 2020.  I also think Hillary and Bill Clinton should be given very limited public appearances at the Convention, because I think many Democrats want to turn the page, to consider the Clintons part of the past but not the future. 
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I agree Tim Kaine should be on the list of people the Dems consider for nomination for president in 2020.  But not Senator Warner because he lacks charisma and is a plodding speaker. 
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
What about Sally Yates?  The woman is dynamite!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
She is dynamic Ballhawk... but I doubt she'd run, given what she had been put through..
Quote 0 0