Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
What do you think? I think highly of him but am not sure he can win.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Bloomberg is far wealthier than Trump.  Has identified as both Republican and Democrat during his life, I think.  Has sound judgement, a realist.  His views are far more consistent with Democrats today than Republicans.  Financial background.  Might differ from Dem positions on matters of financial regulation, but I do not see that as disqualifying.  I think he is pro choice.  Unlike Trump (6 bankruptcies, poor credit) Bloomberg is highly regarded and very successful as a businessman, a New York guy.  There are at least two possible objections to Bloomberg:  Is he too old?  And, he might not have the type of charisma required to communicate effectively with voters out in the hinterlands.  I side with Ritaruby's uncertainty about whether he is electable.  I like him, but I am not sure he's the right person.  It is certain, however, that Bloomberg would be 100 times better than Trump. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree completely Ballhawk. I feel very strongly that what Michael Avenetti has said about the Democrat running in 2020 (in particular about running against Trump-and please save us ALL -somebody-from it being Trump still around and running in 2020) - the person challenging Trump and/or another Republican running needs to be, in his words "a fighter" - meaning that person has to be ready to push hard and "go for it" and yes, go into every single state, rural or otherwise and campaign-which I do believe Bloomberg would do...in addition I think especially now they need to be a motivator - such as Obama was, such as I see thus far in Beto O'Rourke in Texas, such as I see in Avenetti (though my concern is that he may be viewed as too MUCH of a fighter!) But yes, Bloomberg would make one great President. I just see his personality being more like Hillary's - and, though I think he would try - may not be as relatable to rural America as others. I really hope Joe Biden runs and I would like for Eric Holder to run - that possibility exists but is dim - but we are in a different time now and people will I believe respond to civility - still with a "fight to win" attitude and most importantly a motivator.
Quote 0 0