Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
Sorry you all....I should get link to this but I heard it very briefly mentioned on MSNBC....I want to say in Florida or Georgia...if anyone knows the specifics, please post. Also your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote:
Sorry you all....I should get link to this but I heard it very briefly mentioned on MSNBC....I want to say in Florida or Georgia...if anyone knows the specifics, please post. Also your thoughts?

Correct................  Georgia 6th District.

http://people.com/crime/my-son-was-killed-for-playing-loud-music-ga-mom-runs-for-congress-and-fights-gun-violence/
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks Delta Flight!😃 I hope we see more of these women - and men - running for Congress! Should give the NRA a big scare!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Ritruby can you tell me the steps you took to import this article from print media into our forum, along with covering comments?  (I told you I am only semi-informed on computer skills.)  Thanks. 
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I now see the attach symbol below the message box.  Maybe that it how it is done.  I will try that. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk I have messaged you about this. R
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Hi Ballhawk, I, as you, am only semi informed on computer skills. Delta Flight and Droberts, as well as some of our other members know how to link, for instance a newspaper article or online article they have seen or a cartoon - I myself do not. Delta Flight tried to instruct me but it didn't work long story short. The information I post is what I either view on MSNBC or CNN or read on line on our newsletter or on Yahoo or AT& T.net news. I have sent you a direct message and message in the "For Moderators Only" section concerning being a Moderator and welcoming you and you have other messages in the "For Moderators Only" section too. Please confirm that you received my direct message - I was able to help with you messaging question, again not with the linking of articles.

If anyone else is has the skills to do this - and I know many of you do because you have done it - linked articles and/or cartoons, will you please post instructions here for Ballhawk-and myself if I am able to try again?

Thanks much!
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Thanks Ritaruby.  I got a reply from another moderator, droberts I think, saying no need to transfer article to my docs before posting it to this site, that it can be directly posted some way.  I am still doing trial and error with no luck so far.  I Googled "cut and paste" but those instructions are still ambiguous.  I use links all the time in emails to my friends in regular email, but so far I have been unable to solve the mystery of getting a link into a new-topic posting on this forum site. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
You're welcome Ballhawk. Unfortunately I can not help you with this - but I believe Delta Flight can and I know droberts knows. Anyone else, if you know how to put links, cartoons, etc. onto your forum posts please assist Ballhawk. I would also ask our Editor for help. I am in the same boat - They have tried to instruct me and I just can't seem to get it to work. Until then there are postings.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ballhawk wrote:
Thanks Ritaruby.  I got a reply from another moderator, droberts I think, saying no need to transfer article to my docs before posting it to this site, that it can be directly posted some way.  I am still doing trial and error with no luck so far.  I Googled "cut and paste" but those instructions are still ambiguous.  I use links all the time in emails to my friends in regular email, but so far I have been unable to solve the mystery of getting a link into a new-topic posting on this forum site. 

Have you tried this trick. Place your cursor over your email link and right click. opt for the cut feature, then come here and select the thread you want to post it in. once in all that is required is to place cursor in the message box and right click to paste it.

Another way is to open the link on your pc and cut the address and paste as usual. The ys at top of screen. Normally starts with https://
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks Delta Flight - Ballhawk let us know how this is going for you.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Thanks for new instructions which I will try.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Good luck with this Ballhawk.  
Quote 0 0