Ritaruby
This story was on Rachel Maddow on MSNBC last night. Honestly, it scared the "h" out of me.  Rachel had one of the Democrats on and she explained that the Governor of Kentucky came to them - last minute before their recess-and he and McConnell asked them to vote to open a steel mill in the poorest region of Kentucky. The Governor would not say who the company would be or how it would be paid for, just that it will help that region. So they voted on it unanimously-yes.

Later to find that it's the steel mill MOSCOW wanted to build and they struck a deal with McConnell that if he lifted further sanctions they would put up the money and build it.

This is scary on two fronts - firstly, because this is how Russia invades countries and destroys their democracy from within and second because now I believe there is NO chance for anyone running against McConnell (although I hope the native Kentucky Democrat I heard about still runs and tries to beat him) because the people there will credit him for bringing needed job to their region - and I doubt they will be as scared and outraged as I - and now many others are - for what this means-both to keep McConnell confirming unqualified conservative judges for lifetime appointments and "greasing his own palms" with Russian rubles....first state I think where they have "legally" and by vote build something in a USA state.

If anyone has a link for this, please post....and I am interested in your thoughts. Can the Dems do ANYYTHING now - and why on earth did NOBODY in the Congress-House or Senate ask a question when they were not told the name of the entity who wanted to build but would be "given that information later?"
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
#MoscowMitch lives! Let's keep calling him that!
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
scared me too is any alphabet fed group investigating? the way i understood it they are looking for 8 or nine more states to build he is moscow mitch till the cows come home
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
thunderboltbrown, I certainly hope groups - and more than one - and Congress people will investigate and try to stop this...and yes, I had also heard they are looking to build in multiple other states in the USA. This is how they take over democracies. From what I understand this has been successful in other countries. Now other states should be aware after this news had gotten out....they could not have done it with the help of McConnell and a lying Kentucky Governor. I am hopeful we can save this - but if they now pull that steel mill the people will be upset - I don't see why they can not find another company to build it there and sanction Russia....I  try to maintain hope but sometimes it's difficult. As mentioned too, if boggles my mind why NOT ONE Senator or Congress person thought to question who/what the company was and voted "yes" while being told "you will be given that information later." That would have been my first question, especially if McConnell brings it to the floor.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I meant they could not have done it without the help of McConnell.
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
correct 
Quote 0 0
cpmty
MY ONLY QUESTION? HOW MUCH $$$$ HOW MANY $$$$ ARE GETTING THESE REPUBLICANS... MR. MCXX X??? and MR.SELF MADE EMPEROR OF THE WORLD T45 
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
Thats above our pay grade they would probably have to be arrested before that is known
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I hope you are right, thunderboltbrown, about the steel mill in Russia plans to build in Kentucky, that is.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
cpmty, I hear you. It's entirely possible that the GOP and Trump - and for sure McConnell are getting paid to put up this steel mill - and giving Russia the USA and all of its people as a "gift." Surely, out of all those Senators and House people SOMEONE HAD TO KNOW - aside from McConnell...or suspect. Not sure what is wrong with them that they vote yes all the way to something the Governor of Kentucky tells them about and says "you will find out who the company is later?!" In the world we live in now, that would have been my first question. But you are right, SOMEONE or several someones HAD TO KNOW- and fooled everyone else. Frankly, now I'd be suspicious of ANY bill McConnell would actually bring to the floor for a vote.
Quote 0 0
Paul Thompson
Regarding your remark about till cows come home. I grew up in Wisconsin. Please understand that the cows have a lot more sense that MM et al. 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Oh, Paul Thompson if you were referring to an expression I used, I apologize. I certainly have respect for Wisconsin...and you are surely right...cows - and all animals really have more sense than MM and the rest of them. Sorry. That expression is an old one (showing some age here) which I have heard and understood to mean as something that will not happen.  I hope that helps. If it was not my post, accept my apologies anyway please.
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
if russia wants to build another one our govenor would build no questions asked but he does love him some trump
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
yes, thunderboltbrown, our Governor would also probably say yes to something built in my state to 'help the economy" - no matter the consequences. And now the Dems and Regus both are in a bind to the people in that region of Kentucky. If a Democrat is elected President I am wondering how they will stop this? Though I am sure Trump knows and supports this and will brag about it on the campaign trail, "Moscow Mitch" is just as bad a Trump as is Barr...as is Stephen Miller and the list goes on, but McConnell and Barr are the worst I think.
Quote 0 0