Ritaruby
If you did not try and sit through the entire televised testimony like I did (ok, so I did fall asleep at one point for awhile)...most of the news stations featured summaries and clips from the hearing.

What was your main "takeaway" from the hearing? Mine was the chilling fact that Russia - and likely other hostile foreign powers - are still continuing to work on interfering in our elections, and per Mueller they did it in the last election, they are "doing it as we speak" and plan to do it again in the 2020 election...as he said this should "concern every American" or words to that effect.

And then McConnell yet again blocks even brining to the floor a motion to protect our elections.  How much is he profiting off of foreign help, I wonder? I'm betting lots.

Thoughts? Links?
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I did watch the majority of it, just not the whole day (I was sleeping in yesterday morning lol). Well my question is, if the russians plan to interfere in the 2020 elections, WHY isn't the FBI the ones taking care of that? WHY is it in the senates hands??? This is something that should be strictly for the FBI to handle not the senates. I say Democrats MUST MUST MUST start impeachment proceedings right NOW before the deplorables make America more worse then it actually is and if they don't, I will hold them responsible for all the things the Monster will do to us next and it will mean that trump WILL BE ABOVE THE LAW and if we lose, then I will never vote for nobody again til we actually get a Democrat President one day. I'm actually very disappointed that Nancy Pelosi changed her mind in going straight into impeaching that Monster but unfortunately the Mueller testimony WASN'T ENOUGH for her, she wants to hear from the ex deplorables next and then depending what they say, they'll start impeachment proceedings which I don't think this will make her wake up either and if I hadn't know better, I say she is taking sides with that Monster now. It really looks like it since she didn't want to say much about what Democrats are going to do next. I'm very disappointed. I don't think I trust her anymore. 
Quote 0 0
Goodbye_orange_guy
McConnell's complicity with the Russians stems from the fact that Russians built a $200 million aluminum plant in his state. McConnell is a rich, but very dirty low-life, and so is his wife. Parasites.
Quote 1 0
JacG
I watched the WHOLE THING. I'm retired.yes mueller stumbled and asked to repeat questions and needed to check in the report but mueller is careful as ANYTHING he says will be broadcast by the media, scrutinised and talked about all over the world. So he is careful in his answer. He had already stated in his leaving speech and in congress he was only going to discuss what was in the report that was his testimony So what did the republicans do?they asked about things not in the report, spread conspiracy theories and tried to say Putin wanted Clinton to win. The democrats asked straight questions with just largely yes or no answers. Nothing was going to come out of the hearing Other that was in the report. Nothing was going to be earth shattering but to hear him say the trump could be indicted after he left office and that accepting help from a foreign government was wrong unethical unpatriotic and a crime was damaging 
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
I watched much of it, starting with McClintock R from AZ. It was as JacG said. I'm one of those freaks that, when listening to someone speak, I pay attention first to the tone and nuances and how the words are put together. To me, that shapes the truth or untruth of a statement. After a marriage to a pathological liar, I became kind of OCD for facts and listening for them. Most of the Dems asked straightforward questions... most of. The repugs? Almost everyone of their questions were phrased to make Mueller's report fit their scenerio and get him to agree... he wouldn't.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I  agree dfcloud.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I could not have said it better, JacG.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Godbye_Orange_Guy, agreed. Though I did not realize that the plant in McConnell's state was already built. McConnell is knee deep in accepting foreign money as is his wife from what I hear and read - which probably accounts for his note even putting a vote on the floor to protect our elections. Why should he? The only way the Replicans (currently serving) and Trump and Barr and the rest can stay in power is by cheating in multiple ways. They are criminals and I believe belong in maximum security prisons.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you in most respects, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now...but I say open an impeachment INQUIRY RIGHT NOW or call it a CRIMINAL INQUIRY...an inquiry is not an impeachment which would never get done with the serving senate Repugs….but I agree I am disappointed in Pelosi and Schumer - I think Nadler and Schiff are better . I did see the statements to reports and questions taken after the report in which mostly Pelosi answered and kept trying to deflect over to Nadler. An inquiry would show that the Dems mean business and won't be taken advantage of with all of the stonewalling the Repugs in the Senate, Trump and McConnell are doing and may help them get in witnesses like Don McGhan who thus far have defied subpoenas and/or lied under oath. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him impeached, but where I agree with Pelosi is that the case needs to be "air tight" with no open loopholes - but that can be done with beginning with the impeachment inquiry...don't know why she is holding out and I just pray that her strategy of waiting to "get all the facts" (good luck with that with the Repugs!) could backfire. And what is Chuck Schumer doing? He hasn't spoken much. I hope more of the Dem House puts in a vote for impeachment...which would first begin with the inquiry. 
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
I meant statements to reporters not reports...LOL.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
Anythings possible😐
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Destroy_Trumpturd_Now.
Quote 1 0
dfcloud
As badly as I want the orange pendejo out of the oval office, I think I'm beginning to understand why Pelosi isn't pushing for impeachment. If they did impeach this sob as he deserves, who becomes president? Yep, pence... and in my humble opinion he is more dangerous than trump. Not only does he follow and endorse the things trump is doing, but he's smarter than trump. Can you imagine having a smarter trump in the White House??????? The best thing we can do is get them BOTH out of the White House in 2020, and find a way to put McConnell in his place and make him work FOR the American people, not for the Russians and himself.
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
You know what? I absolutely agree with you dfcloud. Why didn't I think of that ,but I don't believe mcconnell should take their place, he's just as bad as trump and pence. I believe we should just try to vote them out for 2020.
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
OH NO!!! I'm sorry, I should have worded that better. I didn't mean McConnell should be put in the White House!!!! How horrible would that be? I meant to put McConnell "in his place" meaning remind him he works for us, not himself or the Russians or billionaires who support his blocking ass.
Quote 1 0