Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
This traitor is now behind bars. And now they can't say "Oh, Mueller only got Russians who can not be tried in the USA." HOW COME THIS KEEPS GOING ON AND HE IS ALLOWED TO STAY IN OFFICE? BIG MONEY TO THE NRA - AS THIS SPY WAS INVOLVED WITH TO THE REGUGS, I GUESS. Link anyone?
Your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
If I understood the news report correctly, the indictment mentions intercepted communications between Butina and her handlers in the Russian intelligence service.  It also says she coordinated with two Americans, Person 1 and Person 2, which means collusion in fact did take place according to the indictment. I think today the government is asking that she be denied bail because she is a flight risk.  She is charges with being a Russian spy.  I say put her in a jail cell with Godzilla!
Quote 0 0
droberts
What article did you read? I don't remember seeing that she posed as an American. She was a Russian attending Graduate School here in the states as cover, while performing her spy activities. This wasn't part of Mueller/Special Counsel indictments from what I read, it was separate FBI investigation in D.C.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
The news account I saw today clarified that Butina was technicalliy not "a Russian spy" but was instead "acting as a spy for the Russians."  Whether the distinction means anything or not, the indictment was pretty clear about her activities.  She was following orders from Russia.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the clarification here Ballhawk but you are right, she was following orders from Russians. And the latest news is she allegedly offered "certain female favors" to a GOP candidate. If anyone has any more info, please post link.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, I saw this on MSNBC and could have gotten the info wrong, sorry. To me what she did was pose as an American, I suppose that is my interpretation of the events.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I believe they did put her in jail Ballhawk, from what I have heard on the news.
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
I think that if they went as far as indicting her and then jailing her they have substantive reasons for doing so.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Ballhawk. I am sure they had VERY substantive reasons for indicting and jailing her.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Maria Butina link

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/alleged-spy-maria-butina-told-senate-panel-about-backing-from-russian-billionaire/ar-BBKXFIY?li=AAggFp5
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the link Delta Flight. This is an important story.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
For Rita

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/maria-butina-lawyer-demands-evidence-from-prosecutors-about-sex-claims/ar-BBL3zM9?li=AAggFp5
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the link Delta Flight. Is this some bizarre case or what? On Rachel Maddow on MSNBC last night she showed where Butina's Wikipedia page was scrubbed after she got arrested - and discussed the information warfare and disinformation campaign going on by Trump and the Russians. They were able to get Butina's page restored...and I'm sure Mueller has it now. I hope she talks and I hope it' about Trump....the Russians are trying to "protect" her...we'll see. I suspect there are many more like her and Mueller knows where they are. 
Quote 0 0