Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby
As of now name calling of myself or any member on this forum is not an acceptable form of communication. It is bullying which is what Trump does - and what we should reject in any form. Mean spirited posts as well. Differences of opinions, corrections of information put out, etc. are always welcome per me personally and I believe of others. But name calling is wrong even IF "other forums are worse." We maintain integrity here. Thanks to all who respect that integrity. I have higher expectations for us than other anti-Trump social forums. Thanks for your time to read this. R
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
I like the title of the thread.

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
otmichele
I certainly agree.  Democrats need to hold ourselves to a higher standard and when I see them reverting to verbal and physical abuse, it breaks my heart.  We need to raise above it all.  I do not want to belong to a site that allows bullying etc.  That is why I am on this website.  On the other hand, we may also attract Republicans trolling.  If that is the case, then we need a strict policy that you will not be allowed to post if you get into a heated arguments etc.  This is my safe place to go and I would hate to leave the group.
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
otmichele wrote:
I certainly agree.  Democrats need to hold ourselves to a higher standard and when I see them reverting to verbal and physical abuse, it breaks my heart.  We need to raise above it all.  I do not want to belong to a site that allows bullying etc.  That is why I am on this website.  On the other hand, we may also attract Republicans trolling.  If that is the case, then we need a strict policy that you will not be allowed to post if you get into a heated arguments etc.  This is my safe place to go and I would hate to leave the group.

We will try to keep it safe.

Delta Flight and other Moderators
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
otmichele, thank you very much for your post here. As you see from Delta Flight's response we Moderators - and I think I can speak for most who post here - feel united. DF, I did not think of this before but our "verbal bull dog" could be a Trump supporter posing as a liberal. Great point otmichele and this is MY safe place to post to - and speaking personally I intend to do all I can to keep it that way, so please continue to post here and to feel safe. You are a valued member here. R
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Thank you DF for liking the title of the thread I posted re name calling....I feel it is very important as you well know.
Quote 0 0
droberts
I will also call out any member and warn them for any verbal attacks or disrespect towards any member on this forum. Some may deserve a second chance, but not a third if the policy is violated again.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
droberts, I agree and will support this decision with yourself and Delta Flight...I have to say though in my book, one time name calling or disrespect of another forum member should be enough...but I will go along with this as we all "slip up" from time to time.
Quote 0 0