ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Over the last few days I have been remembering what this Crisis experience looked and felt like.  We had deadly missiles so close to us, we had an intransigent opponent who had shown his lack of control (pounding his shoe on the table) and yet it was not nearly as frightening and frustration as our current situation with North Korea. We had an intelligent and resourceful President who had put together some of the best minds and reputations.  We had a country that was almost instantly united the moment the news broke.  Our Leaders kept us informed in factual and reassuring ways. 

No one felt the need to fly plastic, made-in-china flags from cars (that end up frayed and in the gutter, real respectful).  We had faith and we could trust that the situation would be resolved and agreed with the blockade as being the appropriate first step to take.  We were all prepared to put college plans aside and sign up with military if called for. All the verbosity came from Russia or a few home grown wackos that received little attention.

I miss what our country has been and, I pray, will be again.  Patriotism was not isolationist prattle, citizenship was participation, discourse and dignity were valued and we could stand together as Americans. We were proud of our Country and proud of each other.

Are you feeling nostalgic too?
One for J.B Sessions: "His ears make him look like a taxi cab with both doors open." Howard Hughes
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Hi Ellen, I try NOT to feel nostalgic these days because it makes me too sad...seriously I think Trump is crazier than "rocket man" in North Korea! Somebody help the country!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Back then I respected JFK and Dr Martin Luther King. I was in Cuba in 1996 and saw what was left of that cold war.
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

Russian Laundromat !
Quote 0 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Thank you!  The sun is shining and I'm having a great laugh about the laundromat!
One for J.B Sessions: "His ears make him look like a taxi cab with both doors open." Howard Hughes
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote: Hi Ellen, I try NOT to feel nostalgic these days because it makes me too sad...seriously I think Trump is crazier than "rocket man" in North Korea! Somebody help the country!

I like to refer to Trump as Mad Man !

PS

If I am a senior member here do I get the seniors discount?   :-))

DF
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Oh Delta Flight..that sense of humor! Let's ask the Editor....if you get a Senior Discount maybe I can get a Moderator discount? Honestly, seriously I think all of our discounts are being able to connect on this forum...keeps me going! R
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ellen please keep laughing through all this...it's so much better than crying...and pass on all the laughs you can...speaking for myself I need them!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Ritaruby wrote: Oh Delta Flight..that sense of humor! Let's ask the Editor....if you get a Senior Discount maybe I can get a Moderator discount? Honestly, seriously I think all of our discounts are being able to connect on this forum...keeps me going! R

One of my post to hopefully make your day a little brighter.

Trumps new White House?

Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
OMG - Everyone click on the Russian Laundromat picture link Delta Flight sent on this subject! So appropriate!
Quote 1 0
Bobcarper99
Bob Carper (once again with feeling)

To Deltaflight (DF)

To interject some light hearted humor into the dialog......I am 84 years young.  Try beating that for longevity

(laughter in the background)

Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Hi Bob...my mom will be 98 in December.....but you ARE definitely 84 years young for sure! Appreciated your info of history to Ellen and comments to Delta Flight..myself I really didn't "do" much news cause it felt negative and depressing in past years...just went out and voted...and felt safe....until TRUMP THE DUMP was elected. Truly serious...let us all be in this together...I still have faith in Mueller...and remember again...he did NOT win the popular vote which means we all have lots of company and is taking health care away from his own supporters as well..
Quote 0 0
1971MONTECARLOss454$
The RUMP could actually time travel back to 1962 and pretend to be for he is almost the perfect imitation for Nikita Khrushchev with how he is threatening the other moron in North Korea. If nuclear missiles fly it will be because the asshole in the white house playing at POTUS along with TRAMP#3  parading around wishing she could be the FLOTUS will have pushed him into a corner and no way to exit. JFK would have his hands full with the jackass team called Trump/Pence. They will kill us fast with nuclear annihilation or slowly with no more EPA, FDA, USDA, Healthcare, Medicare, Social Security etc. Which is EXACTLY what they have wanted to accomplish the whole time 
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Your words are, unfortunately too true....but please try and have hope. Someone - a historian (?) predicted that at this exact point in time we would have "a Trump like figure" as President...perhaps this is needed to "re-write" democracy and make it even better? Or bring us together? No, I don't really think that....but I want to believe it...the sicker and crazier we all drive ourselves the more he is getting what he wants out of us says a friend of mine.
Quote 1 0
Delta Flight
Bobcarper99 wrote: Bob Carper (once again with feeling)

To Deltaflight (DF)

To interject some light hearted humor into the dialog......I am 84 years young.  Try beating that for longevity

(laughter in the background)

Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com

Hi Bob

I would be a very fortunate person if I can reach 84 and have the wisdom and humor that you display here. I am a tad bit younger than you but truly a senior. I feel fortunate to have made it this far in life.

Regards

Delta Flight
Quote 1 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.