Monday, December 2, 2019
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN Show full post »
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/25/1709753/-A-Photoshop-genius-touched-up-the-paintings-of-the-founding-fathers-in-the-Oval-Office

Time for a good laugh.  Check out the the pictures and the video!  [rofl]
Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN wrote:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/25/1709753/-A-Photoshop-genius-touched-up-the-paintings-of-the-founding-fathers-in-the-Oval-Office

Time for a good laugh.  Check out the the pictures and the video!  [rofl]

You must be kinder to the POTUS. Tomorrow can be another day if he makes it!  LOL
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks Bob and Delta and Ellen...very interesting. Ellen you are 100% right about the vote! People need to perhaps get even madder than they are now than they will be more likely to move themselves and VOTE him OUT!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Wow Peabody, welcome to the forum! Your viewpoint is well taken and I can see how you feel this way but am not sure I agree it's all the Democrats' faults. I do think Obama and Administration could have spoken up loudly and more boldly when they first learned about the Russian interference but I personally think the reason we have the TRUMP CRAPPER in office is due to a combination of events; 1) Russian Hacking 2) More Russian hacking - add collusion  3) Poor voter turnout in general and possibly because some were turned away and there was gerrymandering going on  4) to quote Joe Biden "Hillary would have made a wonderful President (yes, I know about the crooked Hillary thing but don't agree) but she made a poor candidate 5) Trump was good at selling his pack of lies to working people in states who were suffering and longing for a change (Obama got in when people wanted change) and 5) Hillary was a female and a strong experienced one and Trump hates women. I am curious to know who you voted for...but I'm not sure if it's ok that we ask each other that-and right now we are stuck with this mess of a President so currently we have to go from here. I will have to disagree also on what can be done moving forward. I still believe we WILL move forward and that good will prevail evil and as I've said more than most people on this forum probably care to hear "Karma is a real bitch"-and it will catch up to Trump. Mueller does his work in private so all we get to hear about is from the investigative journalists but I have faith in him too....I agree, it can't happen soon enough but please do not give up hope!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Peabody please continue to post and express your own opinions. We are happy to have you on the forum - and we are all angry HE is in office![smile]
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed Delta Flight and Bob...again, I believe we will prevail. It helps me to get up every morning!
Quote 0 0
Bobcarper99
Good evening folks !!!

One thing that is emerging from all of this is nothing...but nothing.....works as powerful as the vote.  Trump may use Twitter to put his insane crap on the internet.  BUT WE HAVE THE VOTE !!!  It is the most powerful thing we have and we must use it every chance we get.  I know....I have been negligent in not voting.  I should have done so.

But another year will come and go and with it, we will have the opportunity to get rid of that bastard Trump.  A strong electorate will work wonders.  Trump;s rhetoric will go nowhere.

Bob Carper

bobcarper99@yahoo.com
Quote 0 0
ELLEN M MCLAUGHLIN
Absolutely!  I've been very encouraged by the responses I've received from the 'get out the vote' calls for the special elections especially when they know I'm calling from out of state.  It's a real warm up for the midterms.  I've had very few negative responses and only had a few responses where they hadn't registered yet.  For the not registered I got hold of their local people to get over there and do the paperwork with them.  I'm thinking that I'll canvas some of our local retirement places here locally to see if people need to sign up or get absentee ballots.  My local library has a lot of concerts and lectures going on and they have ongoing computer classes so I'm going to see if they will let me sit in the lobby with registration forms in my 'get out the vote' mode.  [wave]
Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Great going Ellen! And I also try to  believe that time heals all wounds...and I do mean ALL...like in the white house!
Quote 1 0