Monday, December 2, 2019
droberts

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Trump's clock is ticking down, one way or another!

A ticking time bomb!!!
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 1 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I hope and pray it ends soon.
Quote 1 0
otmichele
Oh please God (and I am an atheist!) please let this torture end!!!
Quote 2 0
Ballhawk
This anonymous editorial by a senior official in the Trump administration is very significant because (1) It is consistent with the documentations in Woodward's book and consistent with multiple prior leaks to the press about the White House chaos, (2) The writer is a Republican serving at the pleasure of a Republican president, therefore not sourced in political partisanship and not sourced in the media, and (3) The Times knows the identity of the unnamed senior official and would not identify the person as "a senior official in the Trump Administration" if the writer were not in fact such a person.  This has to be one of the following persons:  Pompeo, Kelly, Mattis, Dunford, Conway, Mnuchin, Wray, Haspel, Coats, or Bolton.  
Quote 2 0
Ballhawk
Washington Post had an article saying Trump is going berserk about this.
Also, CNN published a list of suspects (on the writer's identity) which included most of those I suggested here plus McGhan, Sessions, Fiona Hill, Pence, even Melania and Jarvanka.
Any of you have any hunches?  Could it be Mnuchin?  Could it be Coats?
Quote 1 0
Ritaruby
Sorry droberts, I just started a topic on this...didn't realize you had..must have missed it. Ballhawk do you have that list of prospective suspects that CNN published? I doubt it is Mnuchin. He is a complete and total scuz. Could be Coats, definitely could be Sessions giving how Trump has been treating him, not familiar with Fiona Hill and I still strongly suspect Pence..see the (again sorry droberts) topic I started on this not realizing it had already been started (sorry again). I highly doubt it is Ivanka or Jared. Highly doubt. Could easily be McGhan-he seems to have a piece of consciousness. Could be Kellyanne Conway but I don't think she's a good guess..Haspel possibly - Bolton I believe is just too evil and believes too much in kissing butt to Trump but you never know. Could easily be Christopher Wray-who strikes me as a good person - with a very tough job now - nobody mentioned Rod Rosenstein-doesn't he have security clearance? Could be John Kelley too. Pompeo is possible but I think he actually may like Trump too much - and I don't know who Dunford is. I agree with you all - OH MY GOD WHEN WILL THIS ALL BE OVER? 
Quote 0 0
Ballhawk
Good summary of the possibilities, Ritaruby.  One article said the word "lodestar" appeared in the mysterious op-ed, which apparently is a favorite word of Pence, causing some to suspect Pence the pious.  Also, the focus upon Trump's moral failings might be especially noticed by a religious zealot like Pence.  Somebody is making "book" on the question, so it is possible to place an online wager.  I think the article said the betting odds have made Pence the wagering favorite.
PS:  I have no idea what a lodestar is.  
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks Ballhawk. I have no idea what a lodestar is either....but religious beliefs aside, I have always suspected Pence took the VP job in order to become President. I of course can never prove it unless he turns out to be the person in the NY Times story..but what easier way to get to be President which he wants to be - than to hook yourself up with a looney tune who looks certain to self destruct or be out in some way. I did not hear about the betting...and I don't THINK a VP can be fired...I think they can resign but not be fired. I am interested in the book on the question...please let me know when you hear more about that.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Ballhawk see the new topic I just started...I looked up Lodestar...apparently many people have been googling it re: Mike Pence. Means leader, beacon or shining light...he was speaking about John McCain (whom Trump hated...hmmnn.) when he last used it.
Quote 0 0
dfcloud
lode·star
ˈlōdˌstär/
noun
  1. a star that is used to guide the course of a ship, especially Polaris.
    "she was his intellectual lodestar"

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for the clarification dfcloud. 
Quote 0 0