Monday, December 2, 2019
Titan Show full post »
Ritaruby
Donna, you took those very eloquent words right out of my mouth...I am feeling the same way about the POTUS in office right now...and am also scared but trying to keep up hope.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
And.....I also agree with you Bob....I think the Hitler references, while quite accurate in this case - should be tempered a bit...not to contradict what I said about Donna's wise words. There comes a time too when we need to believe that Good WILL triumph over evil. For instance the recent warning from the CDC on how to prepare for a nuclear attack....if anyone is interested this was both on Yahoo News and on MSNBC....has me scared enough...reality is reality...but we do need also to have hope. And thank you (though Delta Flight says no thanks are necessary) for coming to my defense in the recent attack...I personally am still reeling from it too.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you both, Delta Flight and Bob re: Titan's comments...ok so we all think how in the world can someone hold that world view now?! But personally I did not find his attack as offensive (Ok I lied...about Trump it is always offensive when it is positive but...) as others have been on this forum. I believe I speak for Delta Flight and our Editor when I say that people are allowed on the forum with different views....but again as I mentioned to Titan this is, in fact called The Trump Impeachment...my two cents worth here.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
dfcloud you are so right regarding Titan...no attacks on him were made as far as I noticed...
Quote 0 0
Titan
I think I need to clarify again, for several things this time.
1. The @moderators was simply to call attention from the moderators watching over this forum, it was not meant to indicate that I felt attacked by anyone other than the person whose message I quoted. Like I said, I also moderate forums, and on those forums, that is how the @ works, sorry for the confusion.
2. The person whose message I quoted (Edited: this is my opinion, he might not have meant to imply what I read, it's just how I read it) implied that I was ignorant, maybe even gullible in that I believed in one, possibly biased and unreliable source.
3. I never claimed to support, advocate, or defend President Trump, I simply believe that, because of his position, there is a certain level of respect due, whether or not agree, I cannot force you to.
4. I understand that the title of my thread seems controversial to the website. While I do not want to impeach the President, I also do not wish to impede upon your rights. As I stated, I came looking for information, so that I may formulate my own opinion based upon further research into matters that your members brought forth. (To which I thank you again, there is a lot of material to cover there)
5. Lastly, sort of a double tap, I never meant for the comparison of President Trump and President Lincoln, I simply enjoy the idea that with enough resources (especially the ones we have today) and dedication, the average American can become president. I like the idea that if any of us tries hard enough, we can help keep America, America.
I thank you for your time, and your replies.
~I need a better signature~
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Donna, did you get my reply to your message? I am not sure technologically when I send these things so am asking here. Thanks. R
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Titan, thanks for your very clear and direct clarification. Speaking for myself, it was and is very helpful and I hope you continue to post.
Quote 0 0
Goodbye_orange_guy
Ad hominem? Oh, come now. Mr. Trump has a long RECORED history of cheating people he deals with. 100+ law suits, 2,000+ lies and counting...his own words convict him of any decency he may pretend to have. Quote from OUR US President:  "I like to XXXXX other guy's wives; it makes life worth living." I don't need to go on, do I? He's patently corrupt, Titan.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
Donna, did you get my reply to your message? I am not sure technologically when I send these things so am asking here. Thanks. R

Yes Rita I got both of them. Thank you.
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
droberts
Bobcarper99 wrote:
The article posted by DRoberts is very, very good.  It minces no words and tells it like it is.  I like it.

However, we must be eternally vigilant over stuff that gets posted and we cannot stop it.  The articles which appeared recently praising Adolf Hitler and which suggest that Hitler keeps a copy of "Mein Kampf" in his desk drawer is pure Nazi idology.  That is the stuff we must guard against.

We have a dedicated assembly of good, well-meaning people that will not stand for hate postings....or any other posting that attempts to praise Hitler in any way.  If TrumpTurd emulates the Nazi cause, he will be found out one way or another.

My sentiments on this matter

Bob Carper

bobcarper99 @yahoo.com  

Bob,

I'm not sure what article you are talking about. If you're talking about my Topic started on a TV program concerning Hitler, I in no way, shape or form praised that monster and never would. He was the embodiment of evil on this planet.

My intention was to draw attention to the similarities of character and instability with Trump and some of the history of Hitler's rise to power. Especially how he played on the German peoples desperation with lies and that he had post war plans for America. Something I didn't know also was that Hitler had started off as a homeless person, who sold postcards to make a living. Then ended up rising to power as the most evil leader the world has ever known. Guess America wasn't the only place a plain ole Joe could rise to power. In short, we need to heed history, learn from it and not close our eyes to it or pretend it never happened. Americans tend to get so comfortable in their everyday lives and would believe nothing like that could ever happen here. ????

As for Trump and Hitler's books, I got that info online from at least a couple of media sources. One I remember being an interview that was done with Trump's first wife on CBS I believe, another on the BBC. I'm sure there are others. We all get info for this forum from news online, newspapers or TV. If I make an error, I'll admit it and correct it.

I will continue to post anything that I think is important to inform others of or that may be interesting or beneficial to know concerning our government and especially, concerning Trump unless the moderators or the Editor ask me not to.

Regards
Donna
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Wise words again, Donna. And personally I want you to continue to post. I can't speak for others but feel that a good many people would agree.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
You are welcome Donna, anytime re: the messages...I am just never sure exactly what I am doing with the computer...
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Goodbye_Orange_Guy....I agree with you. Completely corrupt. Let the resistance continue and grow!
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
droberts wrote:

Hi Donna

i saw a few articles in regard to this issue.

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/donald-trump-kept-book-of-hitler-speeches-on-his-nightstand-ex-wife-claims/

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-angrily-throws-steve-bannons-signed-copy-of-mein-kampf-in-trash

Delta Flight
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I took a look at these too Delta Flight....thanks for the links...I'm sure Donna and everyone will appreciate them..
Quote 0 0