Monday, December 2, 2019
Titan Show full post »
Delta Flight
Titan wrote:
I think I need to clarify again, for several things this time.
1. The @moderators was simply to call attention from the moderators watching over this forum, it was not meant to indicate that I felt attacked by anyone other than the person whose message I quoted. Like I said, I also moderate forums, and on those forums, that is how the @ works, sorry for the confusion.
2. The person whose message I quoted (Edited: this is my opinion, he might not have meant to imply what I read, it's just how I read it) implied that I was ignorant, maybe even gullible in that I believed in one, possibly biased and unreliable source.
3. I never claimed to support, advocate, or defend President Trump, I simply believe that, because of his position, there is a certain level of respect due, whether or not agree, I cannot force you to.
4. I understand that the title of my thread seems controversial to the website. While I do not want to impeach the President, I also do not wish to impede upon your rights. As I stated, I came looking for information, so that I may formulate my own opinion based upon further research into matters that your members brought forth. (To which I thank you again, there is a lot of material to cover there)
5. Lastly, sort of a double tap, I never meant for the comparison of President Trump and President Lincoln, I simply enjoy the idea that with enough resources (especially the ones we have today) and dedication, the average American can become president. I like the idea that if any of us tries hard enough, we can help keep America, America.
I thank you for your time, and your replies.
~I need a better signature~

I never got the opportunity to welcome you here! So let me also say it is nice to see a new member. As you notice there are only about 162 members in this forum. A lot of these seldom post. We that do have a common goal. May be seen in the forum title.
I also am a member of other forums and do not want this one go that way.

Again I welcome you and look forward to constructive posts and ideas etc from you.

Delta Flight
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
droberts
That last link definitely deserves a belly laugh along with a red face. Didn't realize it was satire! Thank you Delta.😋😊😀
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
droberts
Delta Flight wrote:
Good link and info on the emoluments clause and Trump's violations.
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Thanks

Do we not have a common goal to see Trump gone ?   impeach, removed retired etc?

America will be greater without Trump IMO

DF
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This is the goal I understood at the beginning and understand now-the common goal-that we have. America will FLOURISH under a REAL POTUS not an evil criminal one!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
This is a good link....but will it work? Hopefully!
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, thanks again for the links as they are helpful and interesting reading.
Quote 0 0
droberts
Titan wrote:
"A house divided against itself cannot stand". Y'know who said that? Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States of America. In fact, Lincoln wasn't even President when he spoke the speech that birthed this quote. He started out as an American. He studied and practiced law, and largely taught himself. He was, before he was elected into the Illinois House of Representative, was your average American Joe. He returned to practice law after serving only one term as a statesman. He re-entered politics, and 6 years later, he was elected President. I like Lincoln's story. It shows that anyone, given the resources and the passion, can become a prominent political advocate, and even President. My point is, it doesn't matter if the person is Rich, black, female, Hispanic, orange with fake hair, with the resources we have today, anyone can become a competent political advocate. 
My question is, specifically, what has President Trump (I would like to point out that he is still the President, and the title deserves respect, regardless of who holds it) what has he done that is Impeachable, or makes him worthy of being impeached?

More for your information. This is John Bonifaz a Constitutional lawyer. Watch video.

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/12/15/the_growing_case_for_impeaching_donald

Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Thanks for posting this link droberts.
Quote 0 0