Monday, December 2, 2019
Ritaruby Show full post »
droberts
Ritaruby wrote:
Scribe, I wish I had all the scenarios of what we can do here. I do know that in the past on other issues resistance in all forms and absolutely hounding our Senators and Congress people have made a difference. I have NO idea how Trump managed to "confirm" this person...who it sounds like is already confirmed...I thought he was supposed to have a Senate/House vote but I guess this is one of those positions Trump can just "pick." Not sure why. The only way to get this guy out NOW is for something he's done-aside from having contacts with a sanctioned Russian bank and Russians-which the Republicans pay not attention to now-is for the Dems to win back the House and Senate in November. Unless either of these happen, we may be stuck with this guy. I posted this because it seemed to have been "snuck in" by Trump while everyone's paying attention to his crappy Supreme Court Nominee, missing the deadline for the children to be re-united with their parents and the horror Trump made of the NATO summit, etc....All I know to do is to: sign every petition, make calls even daily to Senators/Congress people/Governors, email them, send letters, get out to protests and meetings going on concerning the resistance (unfortunately I can not do the latter) and make it clear that we all won't "take this lying down." I know of no other scenario. An Evil excuse for a human being now "runs" our country....not one I voted for for sure...perhaps Durbin and other investigative journalists will dig up enogh dirt on this new guy to get him kicked out...he surely has a scandal or two out there. I wish I could lay out logical and definitive scenarios but I can not. Anyone else have any ideas?

The Senate did confirm him today(Wednesday). A vote of 51 - 48.

I don't get how the Republican Senators do so much flip-flopping. The say one thing, do another. Do something good, then turn around and spit in our eyes. Trump isn't they only fickle one
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I saw this droberts and you are exactly right about the serving Republican GOP! Horrid!
Quote 0 0
droberts
scribe wrote:
what cah we do?  list all scenarios

That's what is so frustrating. There's only so much you can do, such as all that RitaRuby listed. Other than make sure you VOTE! And if you have family or friends that feel as you do, encourage them to vote too. 
"Where law ends tyranny begins"  John Locke
Locke defines tyranny as "the exercise of power beyond right." A just leader is bound by the laws of the legislative and works for the people, whereas a tyrant breaks the laws and acts on his own behalf

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  Edmund Burke
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Scribe, I wish I could remember this quote, you may know it, "...never underestimate what a small group of committed people can do. They can change the world and sometimes even have..." or words to that effect. EVERYTHING we do MATTERS - some things work, some don't - but most people pay attention to who makes the loudest noise...so we have to keep making noise and raising our voices as much as we can I believe. We can't ever accept this as normal.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
droberts, Trump is I agree NOT the only fickle one. The serving GOP are just as much to blame for our current state of affairs because, if they could not stop him they could at least enforce the checks and balances available and they do not. We need to vote them OUT.
Quote 0 0