Ritaruby
The next round of debates, and they say that it is really going to end up being 5 people who will qualify for the fall debate...should be interesting. Per Donny Deutsch (Saturday Night Politics with Donny Deutsch on MSNBC) there is really only one question I know I want to know from them:

Why do YOU think YOU have the BEST CHANCE OF BEATING DONALD TRUMP?

Because, as Donny stated in his last broadcast, if Trump is not beaten in  this race and beaten by a large margin too - Nothing else matters. And to me they all hold Democracy as a priority. They may differ on some things, but on this I think they should be asked this question and if NOT should bring it up themselves...because right now this is, again, the large question of concern-at least for me. Thoughts? Links?
Quote 1 0
thunderboltbrown
i am getting this a day late I think bernie and liz won last night I  also heard ms williams got a warm congratulations for repats ,Out of that bunch I still like mayor Pete the best
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
thunderboltbrown, I heard these same things about the candidates you mention. I also like Mayor Pete but I do not think he can beat Trump...and for me that has to be the deciding factor, even in the runoff...who has the best chance of beating Trump-because of the conditions we are in-not so much who I may like most, but to each their own choice.
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
Bottom line still is if any candidates are popular enough to beat Trump?

Trump is the bottom of the barrel but the Democrats need a good person to enter the primaries against him.

So far they have none.

IMO
Any landing you walk away from is great.
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
that was last night rita my all time favorite will be on tonight I am going with kamala till the primary anyway then whoever gets the nomination anyother time I would probably vote for ms williams but its to serious this year
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
yes, thunderboltbrown the first debate was last night. I, too, am looking more forward to tonight. I like Kamala also but still feel Biden has the better chance. On my wish list is that if one of them gets the nomination they pick the other as their running mate. Kamala has commented before on MSNBC that Biden would "be a good running mate."...if, of course they can put aside their differences. These 2 are the only candidates I personally feel have any chance of beating Trump.
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
I agree with you, Delta Flight concerning the main criteria for the Democratic candidate to challenge Trump is simple: Can they beat Trump? To me always now this is the deciding factor. In last night's debate I saw nobody who I thought could do that. I do think we have some good candidates but the "top tier" ones are few....and as I mentioned to thunderbolthrown I only see two who have a chance. I think the chosen candidate and/or their VP who they choose need to hire cyber security professionals and get VERY tough to beat Trump. Unfortunately the Dems are up against a criminal who has enlisted multiple other criminals and openly said he is accepting foreign money help and will do anything to win...even more so now I think cause if he does not he could end up in prison. The winning over Trump to me is the only issue. Sure, I care about heath care, the environment, gun control laws, etc....but none of that will matter if our candidates does not beat Trump. I will watch tonight's debates....and I don't pay too much attention to the analysis....these are just opinions. I do think we can WIN. It will not be easy but we can do it. We flipped the House in 2018...
Quote 0 0
thunderboltbrown
Thats the sprit Rita don't give up
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Agreed thunderboltbrown. I really can't allow myself to give up on our side winning 2020....and believe me, as I'm sure you know some days it is hard work to keep up the hope but we must...we CAN win, we ARE the majority and my guess is that quite a few who chose Trump over Hillary now regret it.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
I'm voting for Elizabeth Warren and I think Kamala Harris should be Vice President or vice versa. I think Bernie has a very strong voice and the right strong attitude to be able to do more for America so if he gets nominated, I will definitely vote for him☺
Quote 0 0
Ritaruby
Your choices are good ones, Destroy_Trumpturd_Now….but I don't see Warren or Sanders getting the nomination...if they do, of course I will vote for them...but we all make our own choices at least in the first "run off" election.
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
We all have a freedom of choice of course😊
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
I'm voting for Elizabeth Warren and I think Kamala Harris should be Vice President or vice versa. I think Bernie has a very strong voice and the right strong attitude to be able to do more for America so if he gets nominated, I will definitely vote for him☺

I do not see Warren as strong enough to win.

Bernie I like but age is against him. 

Democrats need to find a better candidate. IMO
Quote 0 0
Destroy_Trumpturd_Now
What do you think about Kamala Harris?
Quote 0 0
Delta Flight
What do you think about Kamala Harris?

Possible, but no.
Quote 0 0